• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overseas

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

hahahhaah, so it was u all along, yes, you must jump into bedok reservoir asap.

Donch have to be so dramatic lah. u and i know that u were only part of the team that thought up this multiple axis invasion north, there were others, so all of you can hold hand together and jump in bedok reservoir. U are not the only guilty party. LOL. If it eases your mind, I can tell you your plan was a joke to many mid level commanders in the Armour corp. We had a good laugh and marvel at the imagination of armchair scholar generals and their ilk. Let me summarize for you, I might be off, its been a few years. 1 week to KL, right? Or was it 2 weeks.

We paid no heed to it, only our senior officers seem to be impressed by the plan. However, we are smart enough to know there is no rommel, guderian, or Von Mellethin among the lot of them. Which means there is a zero chance to execute successfully on the time scale required. Add to the fact that we are totally not trained for FIBUA and Tank Infantry Corporation in build up areas, which we would need to have. All in, it was a good laugh. thanks for the humorous read.

let's hold hands and jump, and get a group discount.

yes, it was a collective effort but when it was first brought up there was skepticism all around as the concept was foreign (actually copied from u.s.) and too disruptive to prevailing doctrine. as usual, once blessed, every senior occifer fell in line. many stubborn old school ones were retired or asked to go. thus, the reorg of infantry brigades to guard brigades and increase in armoring and mechanization of units, including changes and upgrades to bridging and water crossing assets. shopping list from thereon began with a look at blackhawks and later larger capacity choppers. early exercises were based on nam-era bell choppers. we the planning staff were flying in choppers almost every week to scout out lz's in school fields and open green fields including those in hdb estates for early exercise planning within sg. 46 sar became the pallbearer on the ground, and we decided to elevate armor to higher status, recon in force as it was first called with whole brigade spearheading as one unit rather than breaking it up to support several infantry divisions. the amx and m113 were deemed too old and thin for the new doctrine, thus a bunch of new buys and creation of civilian r&d to look into self development. thinking back, it was a total waste of time and resources. the money is better spent on acquiring heli carriers with an amphibious role as these assets are godsend in both peacetime and war. with more disasters in the region waiting to happen, asean cuntries can pool together heli carrier resources and do a lot of good for disaster relief and rescue missions. peacetime activities have more numerous potential than any single war activity. and it builds up goodwill with neighbors. japan is going gung ho with chopper carriers after realizing they can do so much more after the devastating tsunami.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

The point is that despite living in Singapore for so long, they are foreign citizens who are serving in our Armed Forces. They even went to OCS as a foreign citizen and commissioned in SAF as foreign citizen. They left NS without taking up Singapore citizenship. It was to address the point that we have asked ex-Singaporeans who come here to work and have to do reservist.

Scroobal, you are trying to confuse people.

When you talk about PRs serving NS, you should mention that these PRs are NOT the first generation. They are the sons who came as young children, educated in MOH schools, brainwashed just like every other sinkie boy, then served NS. In other words, Singaporean in heart and psyche. So the "Russian" or "Canadian" or "American" or Norwegian" male probably speaks Singlish, has gone to Singapore schools, eats Char Kway Teow, Laksa, Kway Chap etc. They are as good as Singaporean lah. So the security risk is low.

The impression you seem to be trying to throw out there is that you have these true blue Canadian, Russian, Americans etc who just packed their bags and flew to Singapore and served NS. It's not quite the same. These guys would be first generation Singapore PRs who are exempt from serving NS. Only their sons will have to serve.

jw5

Loyal

Unfortunately, Gossipy Former Policeman Mark Yeo (who uses the moniker scroobal, among many others) is still keeping his citizenship. :biggrin:

attachment.php

Scroobal, you are trying to confuse people.

When you talk about PRs serving NS, you should mention that these PRs are NOT the first generation. They are the sons who came as young children, educated in MOH schools, brainwashed just like every other sinkie boy, then served NS. In other words, Singaporean in heart and psyche. So the "Russian" or "Canadian" or "American" or Norwegian" male probably speaks Singlish, has gone to Singapore schools, eats Char Kway Teow, Laksa, Kway Chap etc. They are as good as Singaporean lah. So the security risk is low.

The impression you seem to be trying to throw out there is that you have these true blue Canadian, Russian, Americans etc who just packed their bags and flew to Singapore and served NS. It's not quite the same. These guys would be first generation Singapore PRs who are exempt from serving NS. Only their sons will have to serve.

Too much gossip confuses people. :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

The point is that despite living in Singapore for so long, they are foreign citizens who are serving in our Armed Forces. They even went to OCS as a foreign citizen and commissioned in SAF as foreign citizen. They left NS without taking up Singapore citizenship. It was to address the point that we have asked ex-Singaporeans who come here to work and have to do reservist.

So which of the two is more "Singaporean"?

1) Born in Norway. Moved with parents to Singapore. Lived in Singapore since the age of 4. Went to Singapore primary school, secondary school, JC. Served NS. Now SAF reservist. Norwegian nationality. Singapore PR. First job was in Singapore. Current works in Singapore.

2) Born in Singapore. Moved with parents to USA. Lived in USA since the age of 4. Went to USA elementary school, middle school, high school. Applied for deferment of NS and exit permit according to the law. Renounced Singapore citizenship at age 21. US citizen. First job in USA. Now posted to Singapore to work with Citibank. Asked to serve NS.

Of the above two, who is more "Singaporean"? Who would you trust more to defend Singapore? The ex-Singaporean by birth turned American citizen, or the Norwegian citizen Singapore PR?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

offered post-grad scholarship but with 8-yr bond. declined as i already close to finishing minimum bond requirement. must run road lah when wings started to flap and about to take flight. only jokers stay on and suck pap cock.

PAP is the bestest government in the world.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who say? You say? Only the really true talent die hard can and want to contribute to singapore will apply for PR. All the undesirable lazy buggers will be scared off by prospect of serving NS.

Indeed you have explained it yourself. If you are pining for die hard true talents it will never be enough to meet our population targets. Furthermore we need people to die for Singapore. True talents are far too important for needless sacrifices. For NS to be effective, we need most soldiers to be obedient and dim. 12 years in our schools is a must. Agree? :cool:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe you said before you have only one daughter. :wink:

Which year?
Unable to remember, but if it is, may be, one child at that time.
We have more than one.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unfortunately, Gossipy Former Policeman Mark Yeo (who uses the moniker scroobal, among many others) is still keeping his citizenship. :biggrin:

attachment.php

scrooby has the look of a very righteous policeman, respect!:biggrin:

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know personally of a chap of Brit parentage who was born in Singapore (in KK), lived his entire life in Singapore, went to all the local schools (his family's choice) and who got called up for NS and served 2.5 years. For reasons only known to his family, he did not have any nationality at all i.e. he did not have a British passport and was deemed as nationality "unknown" by the SG authorities who had issued him with a blue IC (he used to get laughed at in school for having "nationality unknown" in school by his mates). When he travelled to the UK for the first time (during his NS), he was issued a green coloured SG passport (issued for stateless individuals).
He served 2.5 years (in the 1990s) and when he ROD-ed, he was given the option to take up SG citizenship which he did. So technically speaking he was a non-national (not even a PR) who served NS. His parents remained Brits and never claimed PR in SG.

(you can see someone with a similar set of docs here: http://rosie-cheeks.blogspot.sg/2011/07/nice-weekend-getaway-kukup-trip.html (SG blue IC with SG green passport)

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I know personally of a chap of Brit parentage who was born in Singapore (in KK), lived his entire life in Singapore, went to all the local schools (his family's choice) and who got called up for NS and served 2.5 years. For reasons only known to his family, he did not have any nationality at all i.e. he did not have a British passport and was deemed as nationality "unknown" by the SG authorities who had issued him with a blue IC (he used to get laughed at in school for having "nationality unknown" in school by his mates). When he travelled to the UK for the first time (during his NS), he was issued a green coloured SG passport (issued for stateless individuals).
He served 2.5 years (in the 1990s) and when he ROD-ed, he was given the option to take up SG citizenship which he did. So technically speaking he was a non-national (not even a PR) who served NS. His parents remained Brits and never claimed PR in SG.

(you can see someone with a similar set of docs here: http://rosie-cheeks.blogspot.sg/2011/07/nice-weekend-getaway-kukup-trip.html (SG blue IC with SG green passport)

Thank you for sharing. This Brit parentage chap sounds like true blue Singaporean to me. Does he speak with Singlish accent?

I wonder how Korea and Taiwan approach NS with regards to such foreign or stateless nationals?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you for sharing. This Brit parentage chap sounds like true blue Singaporean to me. Does he speak with Singlish accent?
?

Yes he does - he is completely attuned to all the nuances about being a singkie from language to food to culture- everyone who know him would attest that he is singkified truly... there used to be a handful of these chaps but with the greater numbers of foreign spouses (I was told that quite a few female Ukranians and other Eastern Europeans have been hitched to singkie males - they seem to all live in Sengkang and Punggol interestingly) the next two generations would be interesting as there would be a spike on mixed-ethnicity marriages beyond the typical combinations of the earlier four generations... It did make me reflect on how once in a while in the old days you would chance upon a Chinese guy wearing a turban in the school uniform group circuit and it would greatly amuse me to then be told he had a name like Gurbachan Singh and identified himself as bayi rather than Chinese because he had mixed-parentage. It will be curious to see how these upcoming generations embrace and identify with their mixed heritage and deal with the usual prejudices - there are also kids of straight African descent in local schools nowadays and they are also Singapore citizens. The schools are much more colourful in some parts of Singapore.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even during my school days, there were several Eurasians.
One classmate, looks very German (tall and strong) but his mother is SG Chinese and father is of German descent.
His brother looks more Chinese.
He took Mandarin as a second language.
Gillian Barker (E W Barker's daughter) from Marymount Convent came to our school in Pre-U, and she looks very Caucasian.
The soccer coach at RI, Mr. R.B.I. Pates's daughter was also at RI for Pre-U, and she looks very Caucasian, but her sister looks Chinese.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Even during my school days, there were several Eurasians.
One classmate, looks very German (tall and strong) but his mother is SG Chinese and father is of German descent.
His brother looks more Chinese.
He took Mandarin as a second language.
Gillian Barker (E W Barker's daughter) from Marymount Convent came to our school in Pre-U, and she looks very Caucasian.
The soccer coach at RI, Mr. R.B.I. Pates's daughter was also at RI for Pre-U, and she looks very Caucasian, but her sister looks Chinese.

Are you talking about the kallenberg brothers?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

We used to get a number of stateless persons in the old days. At that time, stateless and even 2nd generation PR were offered the option to serve NS to get citizenship. Some did but most did not. Subsequently the option for PR to do NS was removed and it became compulsory.

Norwegians because of the sea faring days had families that were raised here. Some did NS as well.

Not aware of green passports. I am aware of a certificate of identity (CI) with photo that is renewal every 5 years. Sadly they have to apply for visa to each and every country they visit - sad story.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We used to get a number of stateless persons in the old days. At that time, stateless and even 2nd generation PR were offered the option to serve NS to get citizenship. Some did but most did not. Subsequently the option for PR to do NS was removed and it became compulsory.

Norwegians because of the sea faring days had families that were raised here. Some did NS as well.

Not aware of green passports. I am aware of a certificate of identity (CI) with photo that is renewal every 5 years. Sadly they have to apply for visa to each and every country they visit - sad story.

When I was an OC, there was a regular SGT (of Indian descent) who was "stateless".
He has since retired as 1WO, and may be I will ask him whether he became a SG citizen.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

So which of the two is more "Singaporean"?

1) Born in Norway. Moved with parents to Singapore. Lived in Singapore since the age of 4. Went to Singapore primary school, secondary school, JC. Served NS. Now SAF reservist. Norwegian nationality. Singapore PR. First job was in Singapore. Current works in Singapore.

2) Born in Singapore. Moved with parents to USA. Lived in USA since the age of 4. Went to USA elementary school, middle school, high school. Applied for deferment of NS and exit permit according to the law. Renounced Singapore citizenship at age 21. US citizen. First job in USA. Now posted to Singapore to work with Citibank. Asked to serve NS.

Of the above two, who is more "Singaporean"? Who would you trust more to defend Singapore? The ex-Singaporean by birth turned American citizen, or the Norwegian citizen Singapore PR?

How come no one wanted to have any comment or opinion on who is more Singaporean?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once you apply for deferment as a migrant, reach 21 and renounced singapore citizenship. You can work in Singapore without liable for NS. This however does not apply to those migrated after serving NS. As soon already said it, one of the crazy laws we have.

How come no one wanted to have any comment or opinion on who is more Singaporean?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Once you apply for deferment as a migrant, reach 21 and renounced singapore citizenship. You can work in Singapore without liable for NS. This however does not apply to those migrated after serving NS. As soon already said it, one of the crazy laws we have.

I have heard these ex sinkies will be 'discriminated'.
ie GLCs won't take them in etc and it's very hard to get employment pass approved.
And if they crazy enough to try for PR.... its almost impossible to get.