• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overseas

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

What is interesting with this case is that father was in AG chambers and holding a senior position at the time the kids left for Canada. He would know exactly what the consequences would be as they were prosecuting NS defaulters for years. Looks like things did not work out in Canada as they hoped. As the father remained in Singapore, the sons would not have been eligible for deferment until 21.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

what to do? young men still need to see their grannies, aunties, uncles, cousins for either weddings or funerals. when they get jobs with mnc's, they may have to attend conferences and trade shows in sg. cannot keep telling their employers they are wanted abscondees in sg. very bad for career and professional development. must settle paperwork with sg authorities once and for all, just like sg must settle with hk on missing paperwork for seized terrex. there should be no double standards in pristine perfect paperwork. :p

Those are matters of concern for the losers and lower mortals,when u make the conscious decision to defect from North Korea...I mean Singapore....Are u going to be worried about afternoon brunch with Grandma or aunt Lucy or ur niece birthday next week?No after escaping the horrors of Warsaw poland in WWII,Abel kownoswich is off to america on the beginning of a saga to build an empire.when Luke went off to join the rebellion to fight the empire did he think oh I wish I could be back on tatooine right now mowing the lawn with uncle Ben and barbequing some banther meat.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

What is interesting with this case is that father was in AG chambers and holding a senior position at the time the kids left for Canada. He would know exactly what the consequences would be as they were prosecuting NS defaulters for years. Looks like things did not work out in Canada as they hoped. As the father remained in Singapore, the sons would not have been eligible for deferment until 21.

I am guessing the sons are all returning to Singapore because of the father.

When the son refuses to go back to serve NS, they will send letters to the parents informing them that it is their duty to send their sons back to Singapore to serve NS. If the sons do not return then the parents are guilty of abetting the crime of defaulting NS and are liable to be charged as well. Even if the whole family is abroad, that means the parents cannot return to Singapore without being arrested too.

In this case because Tan Chee Meng, continues to live and work in Singapore, it is either he get charged and serve jail time, or get his sons to return to answer the charged themselves.

Money trumps for many of these Singaporeans. Migrate but cannot bear eating humble pie to start all over again. Think they can outsmart the system. Money trumps.

Too bad for the sons.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

forcing young men to be enlisted is so outdated. times have changed, when it comes to real battle, i can foresee many soldiers turning their back and run for their lives.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wonder if they are going to hold an internal inquiry on how Tan Chee Meng ended up being appointed to GLC and Stat Boards as Director after he was notified that his sons had defaulted

Money trumps for many of these Singaporeans. Migrate but cannot bear eating humble pie to start all over again. Think they can outsmart the system. Money trumps.

Too bad for the sons.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is not a traffic offence or forgot to pay TV licence category where you get $500 fine. I also checked - there is no such cases under the Enlistment Act that ended with a $500 fine for last 6 months. You do realise that court convictions are traceable as they are public record.

If the decision is to charge in court you still have to do NS. His parents cannot claim that they did not know about NS. He too cannot claim that he was not aware of NS as he grew up in US and not in the jungle away from civilisation.

If he was born in US, it does not mean that he automatically became a Singapore citizen and the Singapore's Government ICA records was automatically updated by god. The parents applied to make him a citizen of Singapore and making an application. The rules are the same whether you are born in Singapore, the moon or out of space. Once you register to become a citizen the clock starts ticking unless the parents apply for deferment until the age of 21 and then apply for renunciation.

These kinds of claims are made regularly with many writing long letters or asking their lawyers to write in. Moment you fly in you will placed under arrest and brought to Mindef as your name would be on the defaulters list. It is also not like McDonalds where you walk to the counter and make an application.

case concluded very recently. suggest you check with the ica and mindef. it was $500 fine. mine word against yours. moreover he has the receipt and accompanying proof of settlement. the young man has been back at work in u.s. for a month now. burnt all his vacation days. he had to sign the oath of renunciation while back in sg. he can now travel back and forth freely to sg on his u.s. passport without the stigma of being labelled an abscondee. it's very obvious you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about and try to pass it off as you know all.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

`Two registration notices were sent to Tan’s father in 2005 and 2006, but only the third, sent in June 2006, reached him. When Tan failed to register for NS, a police gazette was raised against him in November the same year.

In 2009, Tan’s father contacted the Central Manpower Base (CMPB) to inform it that Tan intended to renounce his Singapore citizenship. As he had not fulfilled his NS obligations, he was not allowed to, and Tan eventually enlisted in early 2016.`

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

case concluded very recently. suggest you check with the ica and mindef. it was $500 fine. mine word against yours. moreover he has the receipt and accompanying proof of settlement. the young man has been back at work in u.s. for a month now. burnt all his vacation days. he had to sign the oath of renunciation while back in sg. he can now travel back and forth freely to sg on his u.s. passport without the stigma of being labelled an abscondee.

With respect, eatshitndie, I suggest that you stop posting such anecdotal accounts.

The reason is because this gives people the unhealthy misconception that it is very easy to get around the NS issue.

Without proper accounts with names and detailed explanation of how the process worked out, these stories serve no useful purpose but to give misleading false expectations to other Singaporeans.

While I believe you, and can guess that some things can be `negotiated`under table, it is again not helpful generally.

I akin it to stories of how people had taken some kind of herb and got cured of cancer. Anecdotal reports. No evidence. No names. No details.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal

FTs are the ones that reap future benefits as Singaporean” because
they are the part of the 70%

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With respect, eatshitndie, I suggest that you stop posting such anecdotal accounts.

The reason is because this gives people the unhealthy misconception that it is very easy to get around the NS issue.

Without proper accounts with names and detailed explanation of how the process worked out, these stories serve no useful purpose but to give misleading false expectations to other Singaporeans.

While I believe you, and can guess that some things can be `negotiated`under table, it is again not helpful generally.

I akin it to stories of how people had taken some kind of herb and got cured of cancer. Anecdotal reports. No evidence. No names. No details.

how to give name when it's very personal info? i'm actually surprised that he got away with a small fine. advised him that he would be detained on arrival and might have to serve jail time, but that was not the case. no undertable stuff with mindef and ica. no cookie cutter template. each case is on icb. anyone here who claims there's a template must be blowing horn.

psst: what happened doc? you succumbed to scrooball's disease? tell others what to post and what not to post? thought your new mantra now is "sinkies die is their own biz"?

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

What the fuck ? Senior Counsel of Singapore not marketable in Canada ? Paper tiger ah ?

Even Gopalan Nair can carve out a niche for himself in US.

ya... singapore equal of queens counsel viewed like south pac uni. graduate

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

forcing young men to be enlisted is so outdated. times have changed, when it comes to real battle, i can foresee many soldiers turning their back and run for their lives.

Our young men have many years of national education and social defence training. They will stand their ground and fight to the bitter end if need be.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

ST_20170114_SQNS14E1DN_2873211.jpg

This is what the fat bastard look likes. If I looked like him, I would evade NS too. I doubt he can take the tough training to become a real man. Fucking fat slob!

How on earth would any decent father allow his son to become so fat and ugly?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what the fat bastard look likes. If I looked like him, I would evade NS too. I doubt he can take the tough training to become a real man. Fucking fat slob!

Ha ha, he'll automatically be downgraded to PES C with modified BMT and serve as a clerk thereafter.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sir, it is dangerous to enlist him with weapon. He might follow the outcome of the recruit in full metal jacket.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is wrong with these people? Nowadays, NS is just a walk in the park. Even food is catered for.

I had the same problem with my son. I explained to him that if he shirks NS - the ang mohs, who is going to his employer will look down on him. To them doing military service is an honor.

Fortunately he say he wisdom, he returned and started NS before breaking the law. Once in, he loved it. He found his officers, instructors and fellow NS men great. So it was a happy ending.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have a long history of telling patently false stories. This is not a surprise. $500 fine for breach of the Enlistment act, just walk up to Mindef and ICA to talk with Singapore immigration allowing you to waltz thru, no need to do NS etc???

If he had a valid case they would not have charged him. Nothing to do with my version or yours.

case concluded very recently. suggest you check with the ica and mindef. it was $500 fine. mine word against yours. moreover he has the receipt and accompanying proof of settlement. the young man has been back at work in u.s. for a month now. burnt all his vacation days. he had to sign the oath of renunciation while back in sg. he can now travel back and forth freely to sg on his u.s. passport without the stigma of being labelled an abscondee. it's very obvious you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about and try to pass it off as you know all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You have a long history of telling patently false stories. This is not a surprise. $500 fine for breach of the Enlistment act, just walk up to Mindef and ICA to talk with Singapore immigration allowing you to waltz thru, no need to do NS etc???

If he had a valid case they would not have charged him. Nothing to do with my version or yours.

not detained and no need to do ns. and only $500 fine. i checked multiple times and am as baffled and unbelievable as you. shocking or not? it is shocking to me. i'll be meeting up with the family for cny dinner soon. any more questions from you?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Qn for esnd; Is tan chee meng related to wong chee meng amd our resident ah meng and do they share the same hairy cheesepie?7