• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overseas

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

I believe that the cause for the eventual downfall for Singapore will be the scholarship system. All these SAF generals tasked to run the country based on their ultimate peak achievements they attained as 18 year olds will run Singapore to the ground. Just like they have already run GLCs like NOL.
Good luck with your bros and babes in Junta Singapore

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

The Singapore government cannot force anyone to give up their foreign citizenship. On what basis? People give up foreign citizenship because they want something in return and thats the choice they make. MP Chen Show Mao served NS as An Officer but he did not give up his Taiwanese citizenship. He only gave it up a few years later to be eligible for Rhodes Scholarship.

Singaporeans who migrate typically give it up because they want to withdraw their citizenship in total.

There are many foreigners who have served NS because they were PR as kids here but they continue to hold on to their foreign citizenship after NS. They also continue to serve their reservist as they continue to hold PR and work here.

A Singaporean male who migrates and has given up on his citizenship but returns to Singapore to work if within age for reservist is still liable to serve.

People, don't believe this person Screwball. I don't know what is his hidden agenda other then to spread misinformation.

1) The Singapore govt can and will force you to give up one up one of your citizenships on the simple reason that is against the law to hold dual citizenship. I assisted one of my relatives in a case where the son was born overseas while the father was posted there. So he was a citizen of that country by natural birth. The family moved back to singapore after the father's job posting and he went to primary and secondary school and eventually did NS. The govt forced him to make a choice. either have only a singapore citizenship and give up the other country or the other way round. If he chose the other way round, then he has to apply for a visitor visa or work permit like any other FT that wants to stay in singapore. I advised him to do this and hence keep the foreign citizenship, but the parents were too scared, so renounced the other citizenship. Does this sound like he was forced. Hell yes.

2) Contrary to what screwball said, if you are a singaporean male and you have successfully given up your sinkie citizenship, and u return to singapore for work, you are not liable serve reservist. look at it logically. if a singaporean make is no longer a citizen of singapore, why should he serve NS.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah scroobal this one is new. Bros and babes! LOL!

Eatshitanddie maybe this one more up your alley.

What's the use of have Bros and babes in a cramped tiny space with nothing to do except work like dog?

Exactly. Im surprised scroobal is endorsing this kind of typical asian thinking. Even if you are malaysian, you could be moving out to work or study at 18 or younger. For angmoh most dont even return home. they make their own lives once they start to work. So you learn to makes friends like an adult, not go crawling back to mommy and daddy everyday. What living here has taught our youth is that without family you will die. It's the opposite everywhere else. Get off yo mama's tits and work boy!

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

People, don't believe this person Screwball. I don't know what is his hidden agenda other then to spread misinformation.

1) The Singapore govt can and will force you to give up one up one of your citizenships on the simple reason that is against the law to hold dual citizenship. I assisted one of my relatives in a case where the son was born overseas while the father was posted there. So he was a citizen of that country by natural birth. The family moved back to singapore after the father's job posting and he went to primary and secondary school and eventually did NS. The govt forced him to make a choice. either have only a singapore citizenship and give up the other country or the other way round. If he chose the other way round, then he has to apply for a visitor visa or work permit like any other FT that wants to stay in singapore. I advised him to do this and hence keep the foreign citizenship, but the parents were too scared, so renounced the other citizenship. Does this sound like he was forced. Hell yes.

2) Contrary to what screwball said, if you are a singaporean male and you have successfully given up your sinkie citizenship, and u return to singapore for work, you are not liable serve reservist. look at it logically. if a singaporean make is no longer a citizen of singapore, why should he serve NS.

Slightly disagree on point one. If they dont know and you dont tell none will be the wiser. Its like foreign property. But Point 2 you are def right. Absolute nonsense that you have to serve NS when you are not a citizen anymore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Scoobal is actually correct on point 2.
And it shows how fucked up sg law is.
You are regarded as a criminal as long as you did not obtained citizenship of another country by the age of 11. Or if you did not obtain deferment.
It's not an automatic jail term though....some escape with a fine though the $500 fine quoted by a bro is very lenient indeed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you got it wrong. I am endorsing people to treat their world as theirs. Do what you need to do enrich the lives of your family and yourself. Dont listen to this govt. Look at GCT's comments about quitters. He ended up the first PM to visit ex Singaporeans who migrated. His daughter lives in Leeds.

George Yeo's brother is in California, Yaacob's eldest brother a President's Scholar is in the US.

It does not mean you abandon Singapore. Come and go as you please. Thats why I was tell migrants how to apply for deferment for their sons so they can visit and work in Singapore.

Exactly. Im surprised scroobal is endorsing this kind of typical asian thinking. Even if you are malaysian, you could be moving out to work or study at 18 or younger. For angmoh most dont even return home. they make their own lives once they start to work. So you learn to makes friends like an adult, not go crawling back to mommy and daddy everyday. What living here has taught our youth is that without family you will die. It's the opposite everywhere else. Get off yo mama's tits and work boy!

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you got it wrong. I am endorsing people to treat their world as theirs. Do what you need to do enrich the lives of your family and yourself. Dont listen to this govt. Look at GCT's comments about quitters. He ended up the first PM to visit ex Singaporeans who migrated. His daughter lives in Leeds.

George Yeo's brother is in California, Yaacob's eldest brother a President's Scholar is in the US.

It does not mean you abandon Singapore. Come and go as you please. Thats why I was tell migrants how to apply for deferment for their sons so they can visit and work in Singapore.

I know they are liars. But at the same time, most of the elderly are seriously mindwashed zombies. If they were to rent out their homes and leave, they would def be living a much better life than collecting cardboard. BUt they never will. And they never, ever, planned for retirement. Their idea is to leech off their children. What then? Its either you leave or you get drained dry by these fools. That is the hard choice this generation may have to make. But they wont do it either

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are regarded as a criminal as long as you did not obtained citizenship of another country by the age of 11. Or if you did not obtain deferment.
It's not an automatic jail term though....some escape with a fine though the $500 fine quoted by a bro is very lenient indeed.

Then its not pro business at all is it? If you were to arrest the new regional manager, a former "AWOL" sinkie, I fail to see how any of this is going to improve business.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

DSP Derrick de Souza retired and went to Perth. His son completed his NS and migrated to Perth and acquired Australian citizenship. While studying in Perth he met a Singaporean girl. He returned with his girl and worked for his later grandfather who at that time owned Singapore Casket. He got reservist call-up and thought it was a mistake. He went to Mindef and they told no. He reported to Tengah Airbase and was sent to the Drone Unit. He thought it was too sensitive and that as foreign passport holder he notified his seniors. They told him they have had ex Singaporeans from Oz, Canada who have come back to work in Singapore and have served reservists at the Drone Unit including a full blooded Norwegian whose father after his sailing days became a Singaporean.

The chap subsequently married the girl and left for Perth. Former District Judge and current secretary to Legal Service Commission attended the wedding

As you can see this is not anecdote.

Not all called up but they are still liable but placed on holding list either in SAF or SCDF.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

DSP Derrick de Souza retired and went to Perth. His son completed his NS and migrated to Perth and acquired Australian citizenship. While studying in Perth he met a Singaporean girl. He returned with his girl and worked for his later grandfather who at that time owned Singapore Casket. He got reservist call-up and thought it was a mistake. He went to Mindef and they told no. He reported to Tengah Airbase and was sent to the Drone Unit. He thought it was too sensitive and that as foreign passport holder he notified his seniors. They told him they have had ex Singaporeans from Oz, Canada who have come back to work in Singapore and have served reservists at the Drone Unit including a full blooded Norwegian whose father after his sailing days became a Singaporean.

The chap subsequently married the girl and left for Perth. Former District and current scretary to Legal Service Commission attended the wedding

As you can see this is not anecdote.

Not all called up but they are still liable but placed on holding list either in SAF or SCDF.

Hi scroobal in your account above you failed to mention whether this fellow still had his Singapore citizenship. Did he renounce his Singapore citizenship?

When you say ex-Singaporeans do you mean those who renounced their citizenships? Or are you referring to those want their cake and eat it kiasu kiasee buggers who hold 2 citizenships? If it is the latter, I say they deserve to serve NS for Singapore then.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans and ex- Singaporeans have no idea how this country operates. They will only believe it if the Straits Times says so and it must be in black and white.

Till today, we have sons with foreign citizenship who migrated as young kids returning to serve NS not knowing about deferment. I once asked to advice a Singaporean family on the sons NS liability. The father is an electrician and you can understand if wants to be cautious. I have also come across well educated people holding senior positions whose sons are now on the defaulters list because they never listen.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

He renounced his citizenship after acquiring OZ citizenship. Thats why he went to check with Mindef. Sorry forgot to mention it.

Hi scroobal in your account above you failed to mention whether this fellow still had his Singapore citizenship. Did he renounce his Singapore citizenship?

When you say ex-Singaporeans do you mean those who renounced their citizenships? Or are you referring to those want their cake and eat it kiasu kiasee buggers who hold 2 citizenships? If it is the latter, I say they deserve to serve NS for Singapore then.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

He renounced his citizenship after acquiring OZ citizenship. Thats why he went to check with Mindef. Sorry forgot to mention it.

So what you are saying is that SAF is allowing non-Singaporean foreign nationals to serve in the Singapore armed forces?

Shows how fucking desperate Singapore is.

Another sign of why I will get to see Singapore collapse in my lifetime.

Frankly, you guys being Singapore have a different viewpoint of Singapore from the rest of the world. You give it too much importance and significance. Nobody really gives a shit about Singapore outside of South East Asia. If you are so lousy that you cannot find meaningful rewarding work in the entire world and have to resort to going to work in Singapore, it shows what a loser you are. So those who have to go back to Singapore, are losers.

I knew that if I had migrated and then returned to Singapore, I would be a loser. I didn't.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The logic for them is that they should not be excused from the 13 year cycle if they come back to Singapore to work. When NS first began rich tycoons sent their sons overseas after NS, got foreign citizenship and came back to work for the family or local companies not knowing this.

So what you are saying is that SAF is allowing non-Singaporean foreign nationals to serve in the Singapore armed forces?

Shows how fucking desperate Singapore is.

Another sign of why I will get to see Singapore collapse in my lifetime.

Frankly, you guys being Singapore have a different viewpoint of Singapore from the rest of the world. You give it too much importance and significance. Nobody really gives a shit about Singapore outside of South East Asia. If you are so lousy that you cannot find meaningful rewarding work in the entire world and have to resort to going to work in Singapore, it shows what a loser you are. So those who have to go back to Singapore, are losers.

I knew that if I had migrated and then returned to Singapore, I would be a loser. I didn't.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You will be surprised how many Singaporeans have returned for good. By the way Civil Service have been instructed to take back ex-civil servants who migrate but return within 2 years or something like that. I know of an OCS company that recently held their reunion after 40 years. Of that lot, 3 migrated and one of them returned after a few years.

Then again, some ex-Singaporeans have returned as expats with expat terms posted by their company. Usually bankers and corporate lot. Their home is still overseas.

So what you are saying is that SAF is allowing non-Singaporean foreign nationals to s

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

The logic for them is that they should not be excused from the 13 year cycle if they come back to Singapore to work. When NS first began rich tycoons sent their sons overseas after NS, got foreign citizenship and came back to work for the family or local companies not knowing this.

So the thinking is slowly changing. It is no longer an issue of citizenship. Basically if you are male and work in Singapore then you should serve NS regardless of origins and citizenship status.

At present it seems to me that they are only penalizing ex-Singaporeans. As I said, those who go back are losers.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

You will be surprised how many Singaporeans have returned for good. By the way Civil Service have been instructed to take back ex-civil servants who migrate but return within 2 years or something like that. I know of an OCS company that recently held their reunion after 40 years. Of that lot, 3 migrated and one of them returned after a few years.

Then again, some ex-Singaporeans have returned as expats with expat terms posted by their company. Usually bankers and corporate lot. Their home is still overseas.

So are these ex-Singaporean expats asked to serve NS?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah scroobal this one is new. Bros and babes! LOL!

Eatshitanddie maybe this one more up your alley.

What's the use of have Bros and babes in a cramped tiny space with nothing to do except work like dog?

for me, there's no such thingie as cuntry loyalty nor patriotism anymore, seeing how each cuntry can screw you. the world should be one's oyster. i'm lucky because i treat sg, italy, france, costa rica as my 2nd, 3rd, 4th homes. my 1st is still top notch bay area, but the 2nd is a mattress in a hdb flat in bedok south. i can be anywhere in an instant i want to as i discovered time travel (thanks to pap for breaking the heisenberg theory on election station boundaries). can bike from siglap to marina bay and back on a $6900 road bike, and at the same do time trials from base of penitencia creek to top of alum rock park on a $696 mountain bike. shiok!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are liable if within age and cycle. But most come in later. Not that they are aware of the liability but due to seniority to get an expat posting. Ex Singaporean males intending to work in Singapore have to fuill an extensive form that covers entire family, siblings including their respective history. MNC use a specialist firms to handle these applications. Take a few weeks to process compared to an ang mo, Indian or PRC, approval within a week.

So are these ex-Singaporean expats asked to serve NS?