• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overseas

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

may I ask U have this lifestyle on how much household income? I mean a big truck, another car for wife, boat, etc are only dreams for the average sinkie.

Even I cannot afford his lifestyle re: boat, and may be cottage.
But he is a medical doctor in Alberta.
My guess is in the range of $250,000 to $350,000

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

may I ask U have this lifestyle on how much household income? I mean a big truck, another car for wife, boat, etc are only dreams for the average sinkie.

Can't tell you my household income now lah. My wife no longer works though. She is stay home mum.

Actually we bought the 3rd car because my daughter will be taking her drivers exam in the summer. So we're gonna need 3 cars.

I can tell you that my total debt is a mortgage on one of my 2 houses for $75k. No other debts. I think most Singaporeans got way more debt than that on their car alone.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Even I cannot afford his lifestyle re: boat, and may be cottage.
But he is a medical doctor in Alberta.
My guess is in the range of $250,000 to $350,000

We don't have boat yet lah. No cottage. But we do ski every week.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

well papsmearer I keep saying Sinkies should migrate. But you say why must be forced to leave your beloved home and all that.

Well I hope you eventually overthrow the PAP and then every sinkie can have their dream of a big truck and boat etc in Singapore. I wonder where everyone will find the space to keep all of that though.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

well papsmearer I keep saying Sinkies should migrate. But you say why must be forced to leave your beloved home and all that.

Well I hope you eventually overthrow the PAP and then every sinkie can have their dream of a big truck and boat etc in Singapore. I wonder where everyone will find the space to keep all of that though.

Yes I did say that, but I also said that for some people it makes no sense, while for other people it makes a lot of sense. If you are in the top 10% of all earners and net worth in singapore, moving to canada and giving up that income stream makes no sense. If you ability to earn income is so great in singapore that buying a new Merc does not hurt your pockets then there is no need to migrate. U don't see a lot of sinkies with net worth of $10 million plus migrating. I am not saying this is my net worth, but at this point in time, it does not make monetary sense for me to leave.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I speculate that "Doc" is in the range of $300,000 to $500,000.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes I did say that, but I also said that for some people it makes no sense, while for other people it makes a lot of sense. If you are in the top 10% of all earners and net worth in singapore, moving to canada and giving up that income stream makes no sense. If you ability to earn income is so great in singapore that buying a new Merc does not hurt your pockets then there is no need to migrate. U don't see a lot of sinkies with net worth of $10 million plus migrating. I am not saying this is my net worth, but at this point in time, it does not make monetary sense for me to leave.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?185764-reverse-emigration-to-sg

even for peeps like me with low or negative net worth, it makes sense to stay or reverse-emigrate to sg. sg is still great for some sinkies because pap is still the best. :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Money doesn't buy happiness. But in Singapore having little money will make you miserable and suicidal. As with many sinkies, the overiding concern is always....MONEY.

I will confess, it was my worry initially as well. And it was the argument many people threw at me to discourage me from leaving. What will you do there for income? How much income?

While it makes no monetary sense for many to leave, I do wish they would consider the future of their children and grandchildren for once. You could earn quite a lot of money for yourself. Maybe even your kids. But what are you gonna do? Earn enough to last your 4th or 5th generations? This is why Singaporeans cannot stop worrying. They themselves are ok, but worry about kids. If kids ok, they worry about grandkids and so on. It will never end. This relentless pursuit for more and more money to ensure comfort (not luxury) for future generations.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Money doesn't buy happiness. But in Singapore having little money will make you miserable and suicidal. As with many sinkies, the overiding concern is always....MONEY.

I will confess, it was my worry initially as well. And it was the argument many people threw at me to discourage me from leaving. What will you do there for income? How much income?

While it makes no monetary sense for many to leave, I do wish they would consider the future of their children and grandchildren for once. You could earn quite a lot of money for yourself. Maybe even your kids. But what are you gonna do? Earn enough to last your 4th or 5th generations? This is why Singaporeans cannot stop worrying. They themselves are ok, but worry about kids. If kids ok, they worry about grandkids and so on. It will never end. This relentless pursuit for more and more money to ensure comfort (not luxury) for future generations.

In Singapore you make many moneys but have little purchasing power. In advanced nations, you make little money but have many purchasing powers. That is until recently with more free spending new rich from the Mainland, things have been good. Then u need to move to small town where you make even less money and lower purchasing power. Does it make sense to keep downgrading? No I say. So let us all rally together, stay united behind the PAP who will sail us through the stormy seas. Another golden age is just around the corner! :smile:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

In Singapore you make many moneys but have little purchasing power. In advanced nations, you make little money but have many purchasing powers. That is until recently with more free spending new rich from the Mainland, things have been good. Then u need to move to small town where you make even less money and lower purchasing power. Does it make sense to keep downgrading? No I say. So let us all rally together, stay united behind the PAP who will sail us through the stormy seas. Another golden age is just around the corner! :smile:

Downgrading? Small town? LOL! All brainwashed by Straits Times and PAP.

All I know is that Singapore is a tiny tiny island. And will always be. No glorious leadership is going to change that.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All I know is that Singapore is a tiny tiny island. And will always be. No glorious leadership is going to change that.

ride every park connector and ride back repeatedly. after 69 times, it gets boring unless i show off a new $6900 bike every week. it's the show off factor plus luxuriating oneself at others' collective misery that keeps sinkies sextisfied.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Singapore government cannot force anyone to give up their foreign citizenship. On what basis? People give up foreign citizenship because they want something in return and thats the choice they make. MP Chen Show Mao served NS as An Officer but he did not give up his Taiwanese citizenship. He only gave it up a few years later to be eligible for Rhodes Scholarship.

Singaporeans who migrate typically give it up because they want to withdraw their citizenship in total.

There are many foreigners who have served NS because they were PR as kids here but they continue to hold on to their foreign citizenship after NS. They also continue to serve their reservist as they continue to hold PR and work here.

A Singaporean male who migrates and has given up on his citizenship but returns to Singapore to work if within age for reservist is still liable to serve.

The son is super white horse. For peasants, u must choose to renounce one citizenship. For the son, anything is possible. I know on case where the son was ordered to renounce his US citizenship even after doing NS. When they went to the US consulate to renounce, they were asked the reason. Whne they found out it was the sinkie govt that forced the son to renounce, the US consulate refused to accept the renunciation and even wrote a letter to ICA that they don't accept this kind of pressure on their citizen to renounce. After the letter was shown to the sinkie authorities the demand to renounce the US citizenship was dropped and the whole matter quietly buried. SO somewhere in zikapore, there are males legally walking around with 2 citizenships, both allowed by the govt.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The wife is not a Singapore citizen, only a PR. Never took it up. And she is not active in the Malay community for this very reason.

Yaacock's wife took singapore citizenship, but she did not give up her US passport. She is quite active in the malay community, going to quite a few events. I ever ask my malay friends before, the malay community must be damn malu. here is a malay sinkie minister, who thinks so lowly of his own community that he will not marry a fellow malay muslim woman (even one from malaysia is acceptable), but goes all the way to US to marry a roman catholic puerto rican woman. How does the malay community feel when one of its leaders cannot even be bothered to marry within his own community?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Papsmear made the claim that the whole family must renouce before the son is allowed to renouce. Not true.

Parents status are considered but not the siblings. Also parent status are considered only for those who apply to renounce after getting deferment from NS and do not want to do NS. If you already did NS, you can renouce with no consideration to your family / parents.

There must be by now a few thousand female Singaporeans that migrated with their familes when young whose brothers have successfully applied for deferment and then renouced their Singapore citzenship but they have not. They continua to hold both and travel freely in and out. Some have returned to work holding both.

I had on a number of occasions had to tell parents of families who migrated who wanted to get their daughters to renouce their ctizenship at age 21 not to do so. They too thought it was illegal to hold dual citizenship.

Pardon me, I do not understand?
"only parents not siblings ref immediate family"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can explain to the cows come home but Singaporeans who have never been posted outside of Singapore will have no idea. To them the mac's purchasing power index and car comparison is as close as they come. The concept of quality of life is totally lost to them. Even then they coveniently factor the cost of the COE and convince themselves that there is no disparity. Years of conditioning by the govt and the press.

In the early days of SBF, when the emigration folder was busy, there used to be posts about not wanting to become a second class citizen in a foreign country. How do you fight that sort of mentality here?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

In the early days of SBF, when the emigration folder was busy, there used to be posts about not wanting to become a second class citizen in a foreign country. How do you fight that sort of mentality here?

The fight will be won when enough Singaporeans complain about being 2nd class citizens in their OWN country.

Goes to show things aren't too bad in Singapore.....yet.

But by the time people see the light and want to leave it will be too late.

I still believe that I will see Singapore's complete and utter collapse in my lifetime.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said.

To be honest, after nearly 20 years of encouraging people and families to move, I am losing hope. In fact it should be much easier now that foreigners can walk in and take their jobs etc but they will still come out with some excuse.

The fight will be won when enough Singaporeans complain about being 2nd class citizens in their OWN country.

Goes to show things aren't too bad in Singapore.....yet.

But by the time people see the light and want to leave it will be too late.

I still believe that I will see Singapore's complete and utter collapse in my lifetime.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

on what basis do you believe that?

i believe the contrary. on a day to day basis, we behave like assholes towards each other. but we are survivors and we will come together and rise to the occasion when threatened.
1. the chinese who came to nanyang are tough as nails, that DNA is in their children's blood today.
2. the indians too are fierce fighters, more so when we are drunk. todi is our gummy berry juice.
3. the malays in singapore have learnt to compete against the chinese, they are more resilient and better off now than Malaysian malays.
4. the "others" have combined the genes of AMDK and ASIADK. singapore is their only real home now and they too will rise to the occasion.

look at ww2... the british put up scant resistance to the japanese and it was the locals who put up the best fight. Battle of pasir panjang. Adnan Saidi.

yes, some will flee and leave when the shit hits the fan. but others will stay and reshape our destiny.

in my youth i dreamed of escaping to greener pastures and managed to briefly, but i have grown to love this little island in the sun because my bros and babes are here. what's the use of leading the good life in country X, Y or Z without your bros and babes?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

what's the use of leading the good life in country X, Y or Z without your bros and babes?

Wah scroobal this one is new. Bros and babes! LOL!

Eatshitanddie maybe this one more up your alley.

What's the use of have Bros and babes in a cramped tiny space with nothing to do except work like dog?