• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overseas

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

I wonder what about the case of the SAF Fighter pilot who migrated and then joined the Aussie Air Force?

At least he fulfilled all his obligations to his ex country Singapore before selling himself to Oz....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

The Allan Ooi case is really weird. The family has more money than they need. Buying over the bond is not an issue. There is also no such thing as a bond that is not breakable. Common sense and natural justice.

Allan Ooi case is only weird to you because you don't understand the situation. Its an unfortunate combination of cheap penny pinching parents and a book smart, but mentally and emotionally weak young man.

- Allan wants to be a doctor. His parents are doctors and his brother is a doctor.
- No problem, just do NS and after NS can go overseas to Australia, or US or Canada, or even NUS to study in medical school. No need for bond.
- But wait, mummy and daddy do some maths, and wah lan, at least $750,000 for these overseas med school plus specializations. So expensive one.
- Mummy and Daddy say, ok Allan, why don't u apply for MINDEF study grant, then serve the bond. They pay for the education, good deal, hor?
- Allan completes his studies and is bonded for 12 years because of his scholarship. He is quite tulan already because other scholarship holders went to overseas med school and still serve the same bond period as him, whereas he went to NUS.
- Allan begins to serve his bond and is then very unhappy in the SAF/RSAF
- He wants to leave but where does he have the money to buy off his bond?
- He asks his parents but they do not want to do it even though they have the money because they are .........cheap
-They ask him to carry on and stomach it and save the money and avoid paying the bond back
- Unfortunately, Allan is too mentally weak. After all, China students studying here on scholarships, break their bonds and run away all the time. They have no problems with it, but Allan is too mentally fragile to do this.
-Allan should have no problem quietly applying for PR in Australia, UK, Canada, US, and then when approved, just leave and jump the bond.
- Let the govt go and chase him in these overseas countries for the money. He fuck cares, he has a clean police check record when he left. And these countries would welcome a much needed doctor. But he is too brainwash by PAP and too mentally weak to do it.

in the end, the combination of the above, cheap parents and mental weakness caused his death. In his last act, he did show tremendous courage, because it takes a lot of balls to kill yourself. Now after my explanation to you, is it still weird?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

giphy.gif

if allan changed name to allah, he would have lived

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

It is not illegal for a public servant to apply for Police check to migrate. In fact the application ask you specify the reason for applying. Not everyone eventually migrate. However the authorities do refer sensitive post holders upwards and there is usually a "chat". Some are re-assigned but not demoted. SAF personnel while on overseas assignments such as Scottsdale, Perth etc who apply are sent back. Thought their post might not sensitive i.e. mechanics, engineers, etc, the SAF feels that they spent so much money and they cannot afford it becoming a trend.

Errol Foenander, former DJ1 and subsequently posted to AG and prosecuted Tharman under Official Secrets Act who had Cat A clearance as some of the testimony was under camera had applied for police check to migrate. After the case he retired and migrated.

Are you fucking insane? A senior counsel like Tan Chee Meng applying for canada PR is like committing career suicide in singapore. Not only will he be blacklisted, he would have been hanta kaki with the AG office, if not fired right away. That is why I said you were wrong, when you mentioned that he was with the AG when he moved his family to canada. he had already left as I stated in my reply to you and he was already in Harry Elias Partnership when he applied to Canada.

As for SAF personnel applying for PR in Scottsdale and Perth, etc. please, I am the authority on that. Firstly, there are no SAF personnel in Scottsdale. The only SAF personnel are RSAF personnel at Luke Air Force base in Glendale which is outside Phoenix and the opposite end of Scottsdale. I have been to all these Arizona towns including Tucson where Davis Monthan is, because in addition to storing aircraft in their boneyards, they also have a lot of decommissioned relatively modern tanks like M60 there. Secondly, SAF personnel are not so stupid to apply there, because they would have to fit an immigration category which is not easy and the US Immigration prefers all applications originate from the home country. As well, if your commanding officer found out you were applying, u would be in big trouble. The way they do it is to bring their wife and family over, which they are allowed to. And then fuck like rabbits and pump out a kid before their posting is over. that way the kids is born as an American and later can sponsor them there when he or she is an adult. You will be shocked at how many SAF personnel spouse give birth in Australia and the US. I hope I clarified it for you. Your misinformation nowadays is damn shocking.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

thank you very much. now it makes sense. in mitigation, the young chap is born in u.s., father registered him as sinkie citizen when he was less than a year old, he never step into sg until last december to settle his case, no sg nric, no sg passport; he travels with his u.s. passport; his brother's case was settled years ago without him going to sg as he registered for ns on time and sought deferment until 21 when he renounced successfully.

Eat shit, maybe I can clarify.

The trick is regardless of where the son was born, i.e. born in singapore and moved overseas at a young age or born overseas, the overiding criteria is IC. Once the kid gets his IC, he is screwed. All NS call ups are based on the IC and date of birth on it. I believe the IC issued in Primary 6, so if the family has left by then, the kid will have no IC and no record for MINDEF. I know a few friends who did this.

Regarding renouncing. If the whole family has moved overseas and the kid is eligible for NS, the following applies.

- If already issued IC before leaving singapore, he will get enlistment letter to his last know address in singapore.
- failure to respond will result in violation of the enlistment act.
- If all the family members living overseas with him renounce their sinkie citizenship, i am talking about immediate family members, then the kid eligible for NS will be allowed to also renounce. This indicates the family has no intention to return to singapore.
- If the kid reaches the age of majority in his new country and goes to renounce his singapore citizenship, it will not be accepted if his immediate family members are still sinkie shitizens and they have not renounced.
-If the kid has served NS already and then migrate to another country, and chooses to renounce his sinkie shitizenship from the new country, his renunciation will be accepted by singapore, even though he may have reservist obligations that he has not fulfilled and his parents do not need to renounce with him.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ST_20170114_SQNS14E1DN_2873211.jpg

This is what the fat bastard look likes. If I looked like him, I would evade NS too. I doubt he can take the tough training to become a real man. Fucking fat slob!

How on earth would any decent father allow his son to become so fat and ugly?

Who are you to make such allegations.

There is not need to call another individual, [fat bastard], if he has done no wrong against you.

Unfortunately, not every one is fit and trim.
It takes effort, eating balanced healthy meals, etc.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tan Chee Meng only got 2 scholarships from the PAP lah. He got a Colombo Scholarship, to study at the University of Canterbury for his initial law degree. Then he got a Singapore govt Legal scholarship to study at NUS, which is to say he got nothing. He would have gotten into NUS on his own anyway, and NUS tuition fees in those days not that much. The scholarship was the cheapest the PAP can give out. He might as well not have taken it because of the bond he had to sign. the only significant scholarship he got was to study masters in law at Cambridge, that caused the govt some change.

What year did he get the Colombo Pan Scholarship?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It does not mean he cannot find a job in canada, he jolly well might have, but there could be other factors for him not to stay. I know some sinkies that came back because of the cold. but he will not tell you that. He will just use no job as an excuse and not show the world he is a pussy by saying the weather is too cold for him.

There are many individuals who do not like the cold Canadian winter.

But, for those who are used to being well connected, high flyers, big house with maid(s), then the Canadian lifestyle may not suit them.

Besides, those guys can earn millions in Singapore, with very low personal income tax rates, compared to Canada.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If "defaulting on serving NS", you are referring to Enlistment for full-time NS (under Section 10 of the Enlistment Act), yes, it is not compoundable.
However, before we even talk about enlistment, one has to register for NS first (under Section 4), and then attend a medical examination (under Section 5). These are compoundable.

In the case eatshitndie mentioned, my guess is that the offence was for Registration.

yes, your guess is correct. his father lost the letters from mindef when his vehicle was broken into and he claimed bag containing laptop and paperwork was stolen. not sure how that stupid excuse went into mitigation but they simply did not register him for ns. again, thank you for bringing up the compoundable offenses in sections 4 and 5 as these make sense now. you help quash my disbelief and shock.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you fucking insane? A senior counsel like Tan Chee Meng applying for canada PR is like committing career suicide in singapore. Not only will he be blacklisted, he would have been hanta kaki with the AG office, if not fired right away. That is why I said you were wrong, when you mentioned that he was with the AG when he moved his family to canada. he had already left as I stated in my reply to you and he was already in Harry Elias Partnership when he applied to Canada.

As for SAF personnel applying for PR in Scottsdale and Perth, etc. please, I am the authority on that. Firstly, there are no SAF personnel in Scottsdale. The only SAF personnel are RSAF personnel at Luke Air Force base in Glendale which is outside Phoenix and the opposite end of Scottsdale. I have been to all these Arizona towns including Tucson where Davis Monthan is, because in addition to storing aircraft in their boneyards, they also have a lot of decommissioned relatively modern tanks like M60 there. Secondly, SAF personnel are not so stupid to apply there, because they would have to fit an immigration category which is not easy and the US Immigration prefers all applications originate from the home country. As well, if your commanding officer found out you were applying, u would be in big trouble. The way they do it is to bring their wife and family over, which they are allowed to. And then fuck like rabbits and pump out a kid before their posting is over. that way the kids is born as an American and later can sponsor them there when he or she is an adult. You will be shocked at how many SAF personnel spouse give birth in Australia and the US. I hope I clarified it for you. Your misinformation nowadays is damn shocking.

This is probably true, as there are many SAF personnel who have children born while they are on deployment there.
One of my friends' son has one born in the Land of the Free

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eat shit, maybe I can clarify.

The trick is regardless of where the son was born, i.e. born in singapore and moved overseas at a young age or born overseas, the overiding criteria is IC. Once the kid gets his IC, he is screwed. All NS call ups are based on the IC and date of birth on it. I believe the IC issued in Primary 6, so if the family has left by then, the kid will have no IC and no record for MINDEF. I know a few friends who did this.

Regarding renouncing. If the whole family has moved overseas and the kid is eligible for NS, the following applies.

- If already issued IC before leaving singapore, he will get enlistment letter to his last know address in singapore.
- failure to respond will result in violation of the enlistment act.
- If all the family members living overseas with him renounce their sinkie citizenship, i am talking about immediate family members, then the kid eligible for NS will be allowed to also renounce. This indicates the family has no intention to return to singapore.
- If the kid reaches the age of majority in his new country and goes to renounce his singapore citizenship, it will not be accepted if his immediate family members are still sinkie shitizens and they have not renounced.
-If the kid has served NS already and then migrate to another country, and chooses to renounce his sinkie shitizenship from the new country, his renunciation will be accepted by singapore, even though he may have reservist obligations that he has not fulfilled and his parents do not need to renounce with him.

yes, thank you very much. i quote in full as your tips are very helpful for those reading. correct, he never need to apply for sg nric and passport as he is born in u.s. and carries u.s. passport. as someone pointed out, he failed to register for ns and that offense is compoundable. mindef did not let him off with ica renunciation until he paid his fine of $500. there's another case where boy is born in u.s. but dad applied for nric and sg passport. he had to break his studies at berkeley and return to sg to serve ns. his angmo gf also a berkeley student went with him to sg. there's a thread on the case, and his gf posted a few messages here. i may also meet up with this family for cny dinner.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is probably true, as there are many SAF personnel who have children born while they are on deployment there.
One of my friends' son has one born in the Land of the Free

it's true because many apache-in-training pilots from sg including one who married his born-in-hawaii gf got their u.s. "anchors" by having anchor bables in the u.s. (all medical expenses paid for as they are treated like 'expats' with allowances).

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

What year did he get the Colombo Pan Scholarship?

Chee Meng graduated from University of Canterbury of New Zealand with First Class Honours in Engineering under a Colombo Plan scholarship in 1979. He was subsequently awarded a Singapore Government Legal Scholarship to read law at National University of Singapore and University of Cambridge, where he was also awarded a First Class Honours for his LL.M.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Allan Ooi case is only weird to you because you don't understand the situation. Its an unfortunate combination of cheap penny pinching parents and a book smart, but mentally and emotionally weak young man.

- He is quite tulan already because other scholarship holders went to overseas med school and still serve the same bond period as him, whereas he went to NUS.

total bullshit. There is no such scholarship for Singaporeans to go overseas med school except father's scholarship.

There are cases where the student is sent to overseas med school then does very well on first year then get the local scholarship in that country to finish up medical school. But there is no scholarship you can get from Singapore sources to study medicine abroad. Even President Scholarship for medicine is for Yong Loo Lin Medical School.

Allan Ooi should have spoken to my classmate to ask how he got out of his bond with the Navy.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

it's true because many apache-in-training pilots from sg including one who married his born-in-hawaii gf got their u.s. "anchors" by having anchor bables in the u.s. (all medical expenses paid for as they are treated like 'expats' with allowances).

Yaacock also did similar thing by marrying an American Puerto Rican girl while posted to the US. Subsequently all kids hild US shitizenships and can sponsor old Yourcock when he retires.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

yes, thank you very much. i quote in full as your tips are very helpful for those reading. correct, he never need to apply for sg nric and passport as he is born in u.s. and carries u.s. passport. as someone pointed out, he failed to register for ns and that offense is compoundable. mindef did not let him off with ica renunciation until he paid his fine of $500. there's another case where boy is born in u.s. but dad applied for nric and sg passport. he had to break his studies at berkeley and return to sg to serve ns. his angmo gf also a berkeley student went with him to sg. there's a thread on the case, and his gf posted a few messages here. i may also meet up with this family for cny dinner.

I know of at least one case, the son was born in canada. the parents both sinkies had a business in zikapore. So they returned to singapore, but smartly did not register him with the singapore govt or report to the registrar of births. So the son was enrolled in Primary school and enjoyed free sinkie primary school education. Apparently, you do not need to produce a birth cert to proof the child's nationality in order to enrol in primary school, they take the parents NRIC and details. before the time to register the son for NRIC, they pull the kid out and send him to the Singapore canada school. There he took the canadian curriculum and there is no record of the son for enlistment purposes. All this time, the son is living in singapore with no NS obligations.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

total bullshit. There is no such scholarship for Singaporeans to go overseas med school except father's scholarship.

There are cases where the student is sent to overseas med school then does very well on first year then get the local scholarship in that country to finish up medical school. But there is no scholarship you can get from Singapore sources to study medicine abroad. Even President Scholarship for medicine is for Yong Loo Lin Medical School.

Allan Ooi should have spoken to my classmate to ask how he got out of his bond with the Navy.

I will wait for your apology.

[h=1]MOHH Pre-Employment Grant for Medicine[/h]

[h=2]1. Overview[/h] The Pre-Employment Grant (PEG) for Medicine has been designed as a financial incentive to attract more Singaporean students studying medicine overseas to return to Singapore. The grant will be offered mid-course and cover up to 60% of the remaining years of tuition fees, capped at $50,000 per year up to a maximum grant of $150,000. This grant will be available till 31 March 2016 and any extension will be reviewed at a later date.
[h=2]2. Eligibility[/h] Interested applicants must:

• Be a Singapore Citizen
  • Be enrolled in an overseas medical school recognised by the Singapore Medical Council
  • Be in the remaining years of their studies as follows:
    • Going on to 3rd or 4th year of a 4-year programme
    • Going on to 4th or 5th year of a 5-year programme
    • Going on to 4th, 5th or 6th year of a 6-year programme
[h=2]3. Funding[/h] I. The grant covers up to 60% of the annual tuition fees remaining, up to a cap.
(a) Students going into their final year of study will be eligible for the grant for only 1 year capped at $50,000.
(b) Students with 2 years of studies remaining will be eligible for the 2-year grant of up to $100,000.
(c) Students in a 6-year programme with 3 years of studies remaining will be eligible for the 3-year grant of up to $150,000.
II. The grant will not provide for living expenses.
III. Reimbursable airfare for medical electives in Singapore.
(a) Students who have not completed their medical electives (as prescribed by their school curriculum) are encouraged to pursue these medical electives in Singapore with one of the public healthcare institutions for a minimum of 2 weeks.
(b) All recipients of the pre-employment grant are eligible to receive the reimbursement.
(c) MOHH will reimburse return airfare for the purpose of the elective according to the following terms:
(i) Economy class airfare to Singapore.
(ii) The flight must be direct where possible, and stopovers due to personal reason will have to be borne by the student.
(iii) Travel by any international air carrier which provides a safe flight and offers a competitive airfare rate.
(d) Return airfare will only be reimbursed for 1 elective period only.
[h=2]4. Bond Period[/h] I. Students who undertake the Pre-Employment Grant must sign a bond to be employed with MOHH for the following duration:
(a) Students receiving the grant for 1 year will serve a bond of 3 years.
(b) Students receiving the grant for 2 and 3 years will serve a bond of 4 years.
II. The service bond will include the 1-year housemanship if it is served in Singapore, but exclude the time spent in housemanship for those who serve it overseas. Grant recipients are strongly encouraged to undertake their housemanship in Singapore.
Bond length after housemanship1-year grant
(up to $50,000)
2-year grant
(up to $100,000)
3-year grant
(up to $150,000)
Singapore housemanship2 years3 years3 years
Overseas housemanship3 years4 years4 years
III. The service bond will start upon commencement of work with MOHH.
IV. Where grant recipients are granted no-pay leave or are pursuing full-time training outside MOHH while serving the bond, MOHH will suspend the existing bond until they return to work.
V. Grant recipients who fail to complete the course of study or fulfil the terms of the bond will have to pay liquidated damages as specified in the agreement.
[h=2]5. How to Apply[/h] Applications must be made online before the stipulated closing dates. Late applications and hardcopy applications will not be accepted. PDF copies of the following documents are required for the application:

• 'A' Level certificate (or equivalent)
  • University transcripts (for applicants on graduate entry course)
  • MBBS results up to the most recent year of study
  • Awards (if applicable)
  • Passport-sized photograph not more than 2MB
Applicants are required to appoint 2 sureties. The nominees will need to fulfil the following criteria in order to qualify as a surety:

• Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
  • Above 21 years old and below 62 years of age
  • Gainfully employed and not a bankrupt
  • Not been a party to another existing scholarship / bursary
For more information on the PEG, please visit the MOHH website or send your enquiries to [email protected].

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

There are many individuals who do not like the cold Canadian winter.

But, for those who are used to being well connected, high flyers, big house with maid(s), then the Canadian lifestyle may not suit them.

Besides, those guys can earn millions in Singapore, with very low personal income tax rates, compared to Canada.

People earning millions of dollars may pay low personal income tax, but they are delusional if they think they pay low taxes. If you are one of those kinds of people, you change a new Merc S class every year, you live in a bungalow, you eat good food, all of which are many times more expensive in singapore then in canada. Just one new Merc S class is easily $200K more then in canada, petrol also more, a similar size bungalow might cost $4 million in singapore but $1 million in canada. all this is hidden taxes. In the end, the guy earning millions in singapore could in theory be paying more in overall taxes then then guy in canada earning the same amount.