• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overseas

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

Tan Chee Meng SC is the defence counsel for Ng Boon Gay.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

Tan Chee Meng is well regarded in legal circles. He comes from a special cohort that was identified from the returned scholarship pool to do law and seed much needed expertise in the legal service. He aced the law courses. He in fact got 3 scholarships from this govt and he ended up in situation where he ignored what is an obligation by all citizens. Does not speak well for him.

Tan Chee Meng only got 2 scholarships from the PAP lah. He got a Colombo Scholarship, to study at the University of Canterbury for his initial law degree. Then he got a Singapore govt Legal scholarship to study at NUS, which is to say he got nothing. He would have gotten into NUS on his own anyway, and NUS tuition fees in those days not that much. The scholarship was the cheapest the PAP can give out. He might as well not have taken it because of the bond he had to sign. the only significant scholarship he got was to study masters in law at Cambridge, that caused the govt some change.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ha ha, he'll automatically be downgraded to PES C with modified BMT and serve as a clerk thereafter.

fuck that shit,send him to extended bmt and recourse him again and again until he loses 120kg and then deploy him to infantry.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tan Chee Meng only got 2 scholarships from the PAP lah. He got a Colombo Scholarship, to study at the University of Canterbury for his initial law degree. Then he got a Singapore govt Legal scholarship to study at NUS, which is to say he got nothing. He would have gotten into NUS on his own anyway, and NUS tuition fees in those days not that much. The scholarship was the cheapest the PAP can give out. He might as well not have taken it because of the bond he had to sign. the only significant scholarship he got was to study masters in law at Cambridge, that caused the govt some change.

Canterbury is for Engineering

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He expected to be paid like he was in sg............... these fat hogs ae so used to over inflated pay for doing so little............ Sr Counsel can charge $2000 an hour which a lot more than high class prostitutes except for the one Trump was willing to pay 20k per nite???
That much for true value of our SrC

trump has army of lawyers to settle his 2400 lawsuits/20 years,even he wouldnt pay 50 bucks for this piece of shit.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stop maluing screwbye every time by correcting his wrong info :P

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

And yet he can't find a suitable job in Canada. This Chee Meng should renamed himself as Chee Bye. He is as much of a loser as his fat son.

It is mind boggling that any decent father would allow his child to become so fat and out of shape. My own kids are in good physical condition because I taught them since young that good physique and good health is very much part of winning. It's not just about studying.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

There is something that is very amiss with this story. Not every thing is revealed. I met Tan Chee Meng some time ago when he was just starting out in WongPartnership. Former St. gab's old boy. I asked around with some guys in the legal profession.

It seems At one time, he was fed up with zikapore and like many sinkies made plans to migrate to Canada. The excuse of the his boys not being able to study chinese 2nd language is a semi bullshit one. he wife just did not want the 2 boys to do NS, and to live in SIngapore. They moved to Canada for a better life for the boys. The wife liked it there and he did not. I think at this point in time, the marriage was pretty much estranged. So he moved back here and send some money over there, where she continued to stay with the boys.

After he came back, his career really took off. At one time, he was a counsel in the AG's office. These people prosecuting his son were his co-workers at one time. This guy is as PAP white as they come. He has represented SMC, SLA and was even a deputy director of the CAD. this guy is easily a PAP MP material. Now he is a senior partner at WongPartnerships. That is a multimillion dollar a year job. I mean this guy is really really connected. I suspect what happened was that he told the sons he could really hook them up well in singapore, like really put them into positions of importance in whatever industry they wanted to here in singapore. they would make many times what they make in Toronto with his connections. But the problem is they have to come back and face the NS music. this whole trial is just wayang. But is needed for show to proof that there is no favouritism.

But there already is. His son is a White Horse in NS now. And downgraded to PES B or C. Who the hell serves as a preventive medicine technician if you are not downgraded? The sentence will be guilty but will be a light slap on the wrist for the son with a minimal punishment. Most likely a fine. Tan Chee Meng is not even taking the trial very seriously, as he asked his colleague Josephine Choo to defend his son. She is a legal lightweight, not a high powered senior counsel and she does a lot of pro bono work. She probably took the case for him for no fee or a little fee. Wouldn't surprise me if tan Chee Meng has a mistress in singapore, knowing how randy lawyers are.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

And yet he can't find a suitable job in Canada. This Chee Meng should renamed himself as Chee Bye. He is as much of a loser as his fat son.

It is mind boggling that any decent father would allow his child to become so fat and out of shape. My own kids are in good physical condition because I taught them since young that good physique and good health is very much part of winning. It's not just about studying.

It does not mean he cannot find a job in canada, he jolly well might have, but there could be other factors for him not to stay. I know some sinkies that came back because of the cold. but he will not tell you that. He will just use no job as an excuse and not show the world he is a pussy by saying the weather is too cold for him.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is something that is very amiss with this story. Not every thing is revealed. I met Tan Chee Meng some time ago when he was just starting out in WongPartnership. Former St. gab's old boy. I asked around with some guys in the legal profession.

It seems At one time, he was fed up with zikapore and like many sinkies made plans to migrate to Canada. The excuse of the his boys not being able to study chinese 2nd language is a semi bullshit one. he wife just did not want the 2 boys to do NS, and to live in SIngapore. They moved to Canada for a better life for the boys. The wife liked it there and he did not. I think at this point in time, the marriage was pretty much estranged. So he moved back here and send some money over there, where she continued to stay with the boys.

After he came back, his career really took off. At one time, he was a counsel in the AG's office. These people prosecuting his son were his co-workers at one time. This guy is as PAP white as they come. He has represented SMC, SLA and was even a deputy director of the CAD. this guy is easily a PAP MP material. Now he is a senior partner at WongPartnerships. That is a multimillion dollar a year job. I mean this guy is really really connected. I suspect what happened was that he told the sons he could really hook them up well in singapore, like really put them into positions of importance in whatever industry they wanted to here in singapore. they would make many times what they make in Toronto with his connections. But the problem is they have to come back and face the NS music. this whole trial is just wayang. But is needed for show to proof that there is no favouritism.

But there already is. His son is a White Horse in NS now. And downgraded to PES B or C. Who the hell serves as a preventive medicine technician if you are not downgraded? The sentence will be guilty but will be a light slap on the wrist for the son with a minimal punishment. Most like a fine. Tan Chee Meng is not even taking the trial very seriously, as he asked his colleague Josephine Choo to defend his son. She is a legal lightweight, not a high powered senior counsel and she does a lot of pro bono work. She probably took the case for him for no fee or a little fee. Wouldn't surprise me if tan Chee Meng has a mistress in singapore, knowing how randy lawyers are.

Srewbye must be jealous of your inside news.
He out of touch now and has resorted to fake inside news to keep his "credibility". Even his clone malu him by saying terrex already back and few days later arrogant hen appeared in news to say terrex not back. If all fails, he twists here and there like a triple head snake.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It does not mean he cannot find a job in canada, he jolly well might have, but there could be other factors for him not to stay. I know some sinkies that came back because of the cold. but he will not tell you that. He will just use no job as an excuse and not show the world he is a pussy by saying the weather is too cold for him.

Let's be honest, can he earn even 1 million in Canada in legal profession? Taxes not considered yet.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

He out of touch now and has resorted to fake inside news to keep his "credibility". Even his clone malu him by saying terrex already back and few days later arrogant hen appeared in news to say terrex not back. If all fails, he twists here and there like a triple head snake.

No wonder he got mad at me and vented on me with his stupid hypothetical Liaoning sinking thread. LOL

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No wonder he got mad at me and vented on me with his stupid hypothetical Liaoning sinking thread. LOL

Want to read fake news and get wrong info? Read what screwbye and his clones post.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your kids possess good physique because they inherited the father's genes.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is official release from mindef on jan-16, 2006. not all cases ended up serving time in jail nor serving ns. it's case by case basis, and if subject is already a citizen overseas with only minor paperwork not fulfilled, e.g. failed to register for ns or seek deferment, it's a fine for one-time defaulters. most will have to serve out their ns liability, but some don't need to depending on circumstances. scrooball after reading this will go into a fit and twist and turn again.

"Over the past 20 years, 185 NS defaulters have been convicted in Court for Enlistment Act offences. Of these, 43 received jail sentences, 140 were fined and two were punished in connection with other civil offences. Of the 140 who were fined, 35 were ultimately jailed when they did not pay their fines."

"Of the 185 convicted defaulters, 127 were enlisted or are awaiting enlistment for National Service following their convictions. Two were supposed to enlist but defaulted again prior to their enlistment. 33 were not drafted as they were unsuitable for enlistment for security or medical reasons - they would not have been enlisted in any case even if they had not defaulted on NS. The remaining 23 were not drafted because they were either above the statutory age limit or no longer Singaporeans."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tan Chee Meng never resigned and migrated to Canada though the whole family got the VISA. At that time he was with AG. The eldest son was indeed struggling with Mandarin and the family made the decision to send the sons to study with the intention to eventually migrate. He went over to her them to settle down and thereafter made the usual visits taking leave.

Once the kids began attending University the wife came back. It looks like their heart was not in it and they did it to avoid doing Mandarin. It also looks like bad planning. A number of PP and Judges in our legal service have sent their kids to Australia to do their secondary and A levels. A house is purchased and the mums will look after them. The Australian Govt allows the purchase of house (not new) for those on student visa but must sell the house when they leave. I am not sure why he did not follow his colleagues who did it.

But there already is. His son is a White Horse in NS now. And downgraded to PES B or C. Who the hell serves as a preventive medicine technician if you are not downgraded? The sentence will be guilty but will be a light slap on the wrist for the son with a minimal punishment. Most likely a fine. Tan Chee Meng is not even taking the trial very seriously, as he asked his colleague Josephine Choo to defend his son. She is a legal lightweight, not a high powered senior counsel and she does a lot of pro bono work. She probably took the case for him for no fee or a little fee. Wouldn't surprise me if tan Chee Meng has a mistress in singapore, knowing how randy lawyers are.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

That extract that you quoted was made in 2006 in parliament. Its refers to the pianist Melvyn Tan case. The 20 years refers to before 2006. There is no $500 fine under Enlistment case and no need to do NS. Again it is not a traffic offence. After the Pianist case, jail became part of the sentencing. Only those who are 40 and above are fined, jailed but no need to NS>

Again falsifying and misrepresenting as you go along.
https://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/press_room/official_releases/nr/2006/jan/16jan06_nr.html

this is official release from mindef on jan-16, 2006. not all cases ended up serving time in jail nor serving ns. it's case by case basis, and if subject is already a citizen overseas with only minor paperwork not fulfilled, e.g. failed to register for ns or seek deferment, it's a fine for one-time defaulters. most will have to serve out their ns liability, but some don't need to depending on circumstances. scrooball after reading this will go into a fit and twist and turn again.

"Over the past 20 years, 185 NS defaulters have been convicted in Court for Enlistment Act offences. Of these, 43 received jail sentences, 140 were fined and two were punished in connection with other civil offences. Of the 140 who were fined, 35 were ultimately jailed when they did not pay their fines."

"Of the 185 convicted defaulters, 127 were enlisted or are awaiting enlistment for National Service following their convictions. Two were supposed to enlist but defaulted again prior to their enlistment. 33 were not drafted as they were unsuitable for enlistment for security or medical reasons - they would not have been enlisted in any case even if they had not defaulted on NS. The remaining 23 were not drafted because they were either above the statutory age limit or no longer Singaporeans."

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

I summarize for you in one sentence..

Your school friend this useless bugger PAPPY dog CMI in canada came back with tail between its legs.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

All these so called "insider" stories probably far from the reality. One thing in common among all the speculators. All have never attempted to migrate to Canada.