• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat China War Games SBF Challenge

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the winner of the challenge. Though were some good points by AsianDK, Zihau etc but these would be the likely consequences.

The nuclear option is certainly out as it was sunk by conventional means. As China's leadership is not made up of madmen, this is clearly out. It will certainly lead to a second cold war at a minimum but these are tactics that are biting and highly disruptive to the US and its business without engaging in a full scale war. Both countries are unable to invade each other let along hold on to any conquest so any large deployment is unlikely. It is also likely that China will resort large scale cyber activity to disrupt the US. North Korea has done it successfully against S Korea when Telcos and Utilities were shut down.

What is certain is an explosion in propaganda by the Chinese for their own citizens and to the world. You will never hear the end of it as this has been pretty the culture of communist and authoritarian countries.

The Chinese respond by

1) Imposing a naval/aerial blockade around Taiwan;
2) Mining the Spratleys; and
3) Retaliating via soft US targets within their sphere of influence (e.g. allowing mobs to attack US citizens in China, allowing the burning/looting of the US embassy,seizing US merchant ships).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I saw this I realised that you must be a ranking civil servant of the serious kind. Even an academic in the field would not come up with this.

The Chinese respond by

1) Imposing a naval/aerial blockade around Taiwan;
2) Mining the Spratleys; and
3) Retaliating via soft US targets within their sphere of influence (e.g. allowing mobs to attack US citizens in China, allowing the burning/looting of the US embassy,seizing US merchant ships).

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You will never hear the end of it as this has been pretty the culture of communist and authoritarian countries.

Bro,
those who watched PRC serials often will be familiar with the WW2 theme and/or their struggle against the KMT.
my worry is the netizens fuelling the tension and forcing the central to take actions.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro,
those who watched PRC serials often will be familiar with the WW2 theme and/or their struggle against the KMT.
my worry is the netizens fuelling the tension and forcing the central to take actions.

The china govt is more than willing to stoke the fires of nationalism as a means to maintaining legitimacy, authority and charisma.

By the way my war games scenario enunciated earlier in the thread was a shameless plagiarism of 24: season 9. Lol!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the Tianamen Square incident occurred Deng was decisive. Read his comments to the Canadian PM below, very insightful

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Deng-Xiaoping-crack-down-on-the-Tiananmen-Square-protests

What I suspect is that Taiwan will face a lot of heat and the comment about the blockade. I have no doubt emotions will run high among the populace.

Bro,

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
China now is an interesting contrast to when China opened its doors. Under Deng it becomes the darling of the World. Everyone was going to China to invest, do business etc. Deng was highly regarded and China became the champions of the underdog in the 3rd world by their actions in the UN Security Committee.
Russia and US both had to watch their steps.

Now it seems very different. The factions in CCP, the crackdown of rivals for corruption etc. Not sure what is really going on.

The china govt is more than willing to stoke the fires of nationalism as a means to maintaining legitimacy, authority and charisma.

By the way my war games scenario enunciated earlier in the thread was a shameless plagiarism of 24: season 9. Lol!!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I have no doubt emotions will run high among the populace.

Would be interesting to see how the triads in Taiwan react- instead of overthrowing the Qing dynasty in the past, would they be organised to overthrow the CCP? :o:o:o

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
US Carrier Strike Group (CSG) Carl Vinson enroute to Korean Peninsula...

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Read somewhere recently there are now 3 US carriers in the Pacific.

Shiok shiok or not?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad Scroobal is not around any more. But here is my 5 cents:

Eventually US will run a war of attrition on the Chinese. Quietly a few China warships will be sunk, away from the public. It will start from the small boats and US will await the Chinese response. If China responds, US will ramp up until the point China will stop responding. If China does not respond, US will sink bigger and bigger boats until China retreats back to their territorial waters.

There is only one outcome for China. Capitulate. And then there will be 4 Republic of Chinas.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the Brits are sending their aircraft carrier into south china sea.

So we have USA, Japan, UK, SKorea, Taiwan, Philipines, Vietnam, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, SG active there.

Good luck China. You dug your hole, now you gotta lie in it.