• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Supermarkets in trouble. Prelude of what's to come. IKEA Launches Mandarin Oranges

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
IKEA-feat-21-Dec-2016-550x294.jpg

Cheap IKEA LuKan
$9.80 per carton (30 oranges)
Size: Rather good. Not small lukan.
Limited to 5 cartons per pax.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Supermarkets in trouble. Prelude of what's to come. IKEA Launches Mandarin Orange

Maybe IKEA should launch Swedish Abalones next year!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Supermarkets in trouble. Prelude of what's to come. IKEA Launches Mandarin Orange

i have no respect for NTUC / redmart (owned by Alibaba who sells fake goods and rice) and coldstorage.
fuck them deep and let them bleed

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal

i have no respect for NTUC / redmart (owned by Alibaba who sells fake goods and rice) and coldstorage.
fuck them deep and let them bleed

I buy my favorite shampoo, facial wash, moisturizer and detergents from CK. very cheap too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I buy my favorite shampoo, facial wash, moisturizer and detergents from CK. very cheap too.

I get my shampoo from iHerb.com They have shampoos, facial cleansers, soaps, ... without harmful chemicals.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal

I get my shampoo from iHerb.com They have shampoos, facial cleansers, soaps, ... without harmful chemicals.

I get my supplements from iherb, 50-66% cheaper than Singapore's prices, if u include a small discount code.

Show u something, i am buying my favourite rice online, got 10% discount and free delivery for min. 10kg purchase
http://heavenlyrice.com/
Good price because it is distributor-direct from See Hoy Chan

img1.jpg

Some retailers mark up too high these days.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

same here...........i using Pure & Basic brand shampoo..............cured my dermatitis and dandruff when even far more expensive medicated shampoos couldn't

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most businesses are in trouble because SG is in trouble under the pap.

1. Rentals are high
2. Transport costs are high
3. Everything is imported and everything is scarce.
4. Medical costs are high
5. Demand of 6m popultaion in tiny SG is high
6. Disposable income is low.

How not to die?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

same here...........i using Pure & Basic brand shampoo..............cured my dermatitis and dandruff when even far more expensive medicated shampoos couldn't

Just received my latest order of cinnamon pills, maple syrup, organic brown sphagetti, organic tomato ketchup, water pills, snack bars, tea tree ,shampoo .... Another important reason I buy online is because they do deliveries to your doorstep.

I no longer drive, so this is a plus for me. The online tracking let's me know exactly when I should stay home to receive the shipment. So there is none of the frustration of ordering from companies like Lazada who don't give you an accurate delivery date.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I get my supplements from iherb, 50-66% cheaper than Singapore's prices, if u include a small discount code.

Show u something, i am buying my favourite rice online, got 10% discount and free delivery for min. 10kg purchase
http://heavenlyrice.com/
Good price because it is distributor-direct from See Hoy Chan

img1.jpg

Some retailers mark up too high these days.

Heavenly Rice is a Con job. How can they be selling online and still be the same price like other packet rice from NTUC

10kg @ 27 Sgd.

Does that make a difference ?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just received my latest order of cinnamon pills, maple syrup, organic brown sphagetti, organic tomato ketchup, water pills, snack bars, tea tree ,shampoo .... Another important reason I buy online is because they do deliveries to your doorstep.

I no longer drive, so this is a plus for me. The online tracking let's me know exactly when I should stay home to receive the shipment. So there is none of the frustration of ordering from companies like Lazada who don't give you an accurate delivery date.

Me too. Think many of the local shops are doomed as time goes on. I think eventually the suburban malls will be affected with more e-commerce familiarity (buying clothing, food, health products, home decor, electronics, gifts), less spending power (retrenching, regressing salaries, ageing population, foreigners who main focus is on saving money earned here). Only tuition centres and spas can survive.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

talking about buying online, any uncles and aunties here can share and tell me if I can buy fresh fish online?
chinese fresh fish (ngor fish, white promfet) please share

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I get my supplements from iherb, 50-66% cheaper than Singapore's prices, .....

It is of course nice that it is cheaper. However what is also important for me is the quality of the products. I'm ordering plenty of grocery products from iherb because I can see what they contain & if it is organic. I also find the opinions found in the review useful.

However I sometimes find american opinions on taste misleading. For example for the "Garden of Life, Raw Organic Meal, Organic Shake & Meal Replacement" I found it quite delicious & yet some US reviewers found it disgusting :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Me too. Think many of the local shops are doomed as time goes on. I think eventually the suburban malls will be affected with more e-commerce familiarity (buying clothing, food, health products, home decor, electronics, gifts), less spending power (retrenching, regressing salaries, ageing population, foreigners who main focus is on saving money earned here). Only tuition centres and spas can survive.

I see many businesses in Malls closing. So in future only a NTUC & food providers will survive

Mega shops like Mustaffa will survive. They don't have to pay rent, sell everything under the sun, use cheap labor, carry branded goods, ..... They also appeal to the price sensitive. Whenever I want to buy something electrical I will always go to Mustaffa & use the prices there as a baseline of what is a fair price in Spore, & then compare the prices with other places.

Stores like Parisilk, Goh Ah Bee, .... will survive. They have small shop fronts, carry no inventory but can get you most of the branded electrical goods.

Then there are stores like the Japan Store selling $2 dollar items. They seem to be doing well :eek:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see many businesses in Malls closing. So in future only a NTUC & food providers will survive

Mega shops like Mustaffa will survive. They don't have to pay rent, sell everything under the sun, use cheap labor, carry branded goods, ..... They also appeal to the price sensitive. Whenever I want to buy something electrical I will always go to Mustaffa & use the prices there as a baseline of what is a fair price in Spore, & then compare the prices with other places.

Stores like Parisilk, Goh Ah Bee, .... will survive. They have small shop fronts, carry no inventory but can get you most of the branded electrical goods.

Then there are stores like the Japan Store selling $2 dollar items. They seem to be doing well :eek:

Mustaffa is doing very well, not only with the Indian workers, Indian PMETs, Angmo PMETs and also locals. I go there in middle of the night and very surprised whole place crowded. Very tight walking space. Very good place to bulk buy spices. Only bad thing is lack of parking and small roads leading to the building (jam packed with cars at night).

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mustaffa is doing very well, not only with the Indian workers, Indian PMETs, Angmo PMETs and also locals. I go there in middle of the night and very surprised whole place crowded. Very tight walking space. Very good place to bulk buy spices. Only bad thing is lack of parking and small roads leading to the building (jam packed with cars at night).

Bro, you can tahan the BO ? It's like on board Air India.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if ikea starts selling swedish blonde sex at a dozen shots for $69, geylang will be in trouble.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

sell sagging mangoes first

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

IKEA-feat-21-Dec-2016-550x294.jpg

Cheap IKEA LuKan
$9.80 per carton (30 oranges)
Size: Rather good. Not small lukan.
Limited to 5 cartons per pax.
Signature oranges from Ip Man ?
then should be wing chun instead of yong chun :wink:
Maybe IKEA should launch Swedish Abalones next year!
then should be imported "nonok dalam tin" :p