• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Angmo Sexpert Predicted SG Inc Will Decay with Corruption & Collapse Back in 2000!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unbelieveable! Think must call him to help me predict 4D numbers!

The American author who predicted a clash of civilisations is again predicting that corruption will one day catch up with squeaky-clean Singapore.

SAMUEL Huntington, whose thesis of a coming civilisational clash has been disputed by Asian leaders, said yesterday that Singapore's prosperity cannot be sustained forever.

Corruption and decay would set in in the post-Lee Kuan Yew years as inevitably as civilisations would rise and fall, he said in an exclusive interview with the Business Times.

Prof Huntington made clear that he wasn't predicting that this would be happening any time soon. But there was a certain inevitability about the process of degeneration and decay in all societies, he said, and which Singapore may not be able to avoid as well.

"Lee Kuan Yew has made Singapore absolutely unique in this part of the world, by making it as one of the least corrupt political systems in the world.

"On world indices on corruption among countries, Singapore rates up among the few countries like Sweden and Denmark and New Zealand ... Now that is an tremendous achievement. The question is, how long can you maintain an uncorrupt political system," he said.

This is not the first time that the author of The Clash of Civilisations and the Remaking of World Order has made such a gloomy prediction about Singapore's future.

When he did it the first time, he said the "honesty and efficiency that Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew has brought to Singapore will follow him to his grave". That was quickly countered by SM Lee in 1996, who not only took issue but said "Singapore will be able to hold on even after I leave".

Mr Lee then said that the Singapore system could remain intact if Singapore leaders avoided succumbing to corruption.

The system could be preserved, he added, if Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong kept his team together, ensured self-renewal and continually adjust and adapt policies to changing circumstances.

According to Mr Lee, he was fully aware of the lessons of history which showed many a leader, like Nehru, Mao Zedong and Ho Chi Minh, betrayed by "some of their less worthy successors".

He had also seen how many Asian countries were degraded by corruption and nepotism. "In short, I had to pick up the gauntlet thrown down by history, the history of those nationalists who successfully led the anti-colonial fight for freedom, but failed to have honest and capable successors.

"This was long before academics like Professors Samuel Huntington predicted that Singapore's system would follow me to my grave," Mr Lee said then.

Prof Huntington was here for a seminar on Indonesia organised by Strategic Intelligence, a Singapore-based global provider of Asian business intelligence.

He was asked by BT whether he had since been more convinced that Singapore's prosperity would outlast Mr Lee.

But from his answer, it was plain that he isn't one person to change his mind so easily.

"Inevitably, in any society you have changes and evolution ... In most cases, after a period of great achievement and success, there tends to be a decline and degeneration," he said. "I think the Senior Minister has made great efforts to create institutions that will perpetuate it.

"But one has to face the fact that there are many situations in which there tends to be a certain process of degeneration and decay. I would hope that Singapore can avoid or delay that, but I think there is a real possibility."

Prof Huntington said his prognosis notwithstanding, he still held the Senior Minister in high regard for the achievements that he had brought for Singapore.

Describing Mr Lee as one of the "master builders of this century", he said the Senior Minister had done extraordinarily in making Singapore the society it is today.

Mr Lee had once said that the two of them had clashed over ideas. But Prof Huntington said this did not prevent them from maintaining contacts with each other, as they were due to do yesterday. "I greatly respect his insights and I always learn a great deal from him," said the American political scientist.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Angmo Sexpert Predicted SG Inc Will Decay with Corruption & Collapse Back in 2000

mighty empires and dynasties have fallen. singapore will too. matter of when.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Angmo Sexpert Predicted SG Inc Will Decay with Corruption & Collapse Back in 2000

Since 1965, when was it that sinkieland had ever been corruption free? Sinkieland thrives on corruption. The more the merrier!

CNA_angels_in_power-1.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U mean there will be no SG 100?Let's keep voting PAP to keep SG clean and prosperous.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

his prediction on clash of civilisation cum true oredi meh? ...

prediction on corruption in sinkieln is a nutting but a 4gone conclusion la ...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

U mean there will be no SG 100?Let's keep voting PAP to keep SG clean and prosperous.

Why have an independent SG when life for Singaporeans is increasingly miserable? Isnt it better if SG is part of malaysia?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I heard the degradation usually happens when a series of factors occur,like Rome for example.the wealth inequality gap gets too wide.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

I heard the degradation usually happens when a series of factors occur,like Rome for example.the wealth inequality gap gets too wide.

it happens when useless farts ask to be appreciated.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

it happens when useless farts ask to be appreciated.

the fact that pap demands that even pap junior ministers get paid higher than US President and got it shows how corrupt the sg whole system is

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In times like this, we should sing this old ndp song again. Won't you sing along with me?

[video=youtube;xoOheK6TTNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoOheK6TTNg[/video]

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

In times like this, we should sing this old ndp song again. Won't you sing along with me?

[video=youtube;xoOheK6TTNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoOheK6TTNg[/video]

Singaporeans who sang this song were proud of Singapore because LHL was not in charge then

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

mighty empires and dynasties have fallen. singapore will too. matter of when.

the rot has already started..... very bloated cabinet with heavy related staffing - the most expensive in the world
creation of useless jobs, one ministry run by two ministers and almost all PAP MPs are office holder of some sorts.........MP allowance is really full time pay done by part timers....... and yet govt keep on asking why productivity SO BAD?
situation already bad and yet govt growing economy by taxes, levies, creamoff etc.......... why unsubsidised petrol cost 80cents a litre in mY and here it is $1.90?????????? even so govt has NO qualm colluding with petrol comany to rip off sgian consumers adding on to high COE, ERP, road taxes etc etc............ where in the world you get socked so many times for your right to drive???? After so many years of paying up, papigs now tells you car lite ie it is their priviledge to drive NOT yours
what friggin govt do we hv here???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The rot started with LKY except that back then everyone not related to the Lee family were too afraid to take advantage of their positions & had to be satisfied with their million dollar salaries

Once LKY got older & feeble all the oppurtunists in the PAP started to take advantage until what you see today is a free for all grab at the big bucks $$$:eek: