• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Crippled Ex-NMP : Sinkies Have Lousy Work Attitude And Demand Work-Life Balance!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nmpcyy-1.jpg

On New Year’s day, Channel NewsAsia had a panel discussion titled Singapore Review 2015, in which one of the discussants, a polytechnic student, asked the panel a question on work-life balance.

“In moving forward in 2016, with skills future we are going to have a much more skilful workforce. Are we ready to adopt a work-life balance with actually shorter working hours, in changing the employment act with shorter working hours; and actually achieve more family time and family bonding. At the end of the day, long working hours is not equal to higher productivity.”

Former NMP Chia Yong Yong replied to that question with another question and asked the discussant what he would like to achieve with work-life balance. She said:

“I want to ask what you would like to achieve with work-life balance, as opposed to perhaps retaining your job, as opposed to the competition that you are getting from people from other countries. And probably even from your cohort who may be willing to work harder than you. If we want shorter hours, what are we willing to trade that in for?

As a lawyer, I have spoken with many clients, who have actually talked about attitude of Singaporean workers – that they want shorter hours but they want more pay, and they expect better benefits. And they are not necessarily as good as other foreign workers, foreign employees. So, there is that tension. So, what is it that we want, and if we are willing to give up some – yes.”

The discussant’s question and the response by Ms Chia has gotten mixed reviews.

“I guess SG is like a well-oiled machine. Constantly working and anyone hoping for “work life balance” will simply be taken over by those who dont need work life balance and foreigners. And those with no kids and singles will benefit from this.” -Raizal Md Rased

“The blunt point – obviously from an employer’s point of view – is that longer working hours is equating to keeping your job or even getting employment – as the world does not owe SG a living. However, some of us do believe SG’s survivability does not depend on longer working hours which will equate to a non-existent family life – which will create social issues in the long term – like increasing trend of divorce, low birth rate, problem kids etc. The concept of work-life balance proposed by some parts of the government, is the correct long term approach and will only work if it is backed by the law across the whole of Singapore.” -Andrew Tan

“Working less hours doesn’t mean not working harder. If Sweden can do it why can’t we?” -David Butler

“We can achieve work-life balance if we stop “wasting” time at work and just focus on the tasks which are given. When I first started out, I used to do 50-60 hours per week but now, I do 35-40 hours per week. At the end of the day, it’s all about perspective and what you want out of life. Making excuses is not going to help – I think.” -Siti Arbaiya

“Lady in red, well said. No one owes us a living.” -Liwei Kwok

One commenter’s views in particular resonated with a good number of people. Ong Ruo Yan said:

“Speaking up for the student and hardworking Singaporeans here.

I think the student raised a valid point. Our system is by no means horrible, but there is still a lot of stress even after hours. Ever had that dread of missing an email from your boss at 8pm (or later) and you’ve missed the “golden hour” of replying? I’m inclined to think that’s what the student was referring to. Stress even after clocking out. You’re essentially not spared from work with all the push emails and what not (which can be exciting, but that’s not the point).

A lot of comments are about our lack of productivity during working hours by surfing personal websites. You guys make it sound like only Singaporeans are doing it. I can’t speak for the other countries, but in the UK people here surf Facebook and look at adverts as well. Doesn’t mean we don’t deliver. And not all do this “break-taking”, SG and UK included.

There is no easy solution for this issue, since i think this boils down to cultural mindset (the Western side seems to understand the need for family time better than the Asians) and possible societal attitude (prone to criticising locals…but that’s Asian culture too).

Just a last point: I think it’s commendable to speak up at such a public event. Why are the people here thinking he’s lazy for asking this question, and not think he has the foresight? He can’t possibly just ask about his prospects of entering Uni can he. Lets not bash anyone and speak constructively.”

http://theindependent.sg/ex-nmp-say...ay-better-benefits-and-shorter-working-hours/

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I was minister at one of this talk cock sing song session,my advice to him if his goal in life is work life balance or not to work anymore would be to achieve financial independence asap.delayed gratification,disciplined savings, investing, compound interest and living a frugal life for 7 or 8 years.assuming he starts at 23,saving 24k a year investing at 8 percent a year,by the time he hits 30,when hes ready to marry and settle down and have kids,he would have at least 255k capital generating 20k income per month.even if he simply was to stop contributing(thus freeing up 24k income a year) this sum would continue compounding at 8 percent a year for another 25 years when he reaches 55 with a end sum of $1.7 million.easy life,the key is starting to save and invest as young as possible.a person who starts saving and investing at 30 is going to need to save $24k a year for 24 years(54 years old) just to catch up to the first guy who starts at 23 years old and only saved 7 years.

also dont forget to apply for australian pr......no one in this country is going to help u,especially not the government.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays already got a work life balance before millions of chinese horde migrated to malay archipelago. Malays were labelled lazy etc. Now chinese wants same thing.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This woman and her sister have been in the PAP forever yet pretend to be non partisan to be NMP whoch to me is another hypocrite like Calvin. She takeing up a valuable place of a non partisan does not seem to bother. So forget about morality and fairness from her.

Secondly by her answers she has no idea what Singapore and Singaporeans are facing. And she has certainly no idea what is happening elsewhere.

Every employer whether in the West or elseshere including Singapore will readily accept free labour. Second best is cheaper labour where the govt has no desire to implement measures for decent wages. Just look at the joke called Job Bank where foreigner candidates are told that they will be formally offered the role after 14 days to clear the job bank requirement.

If lawyers, professionals are freely admitted into the UK, Australia and the US, those very questions will be asked.

By the way the Govt is delightd with her performance and I am told she would eventually be like the Gautam Banaerjee, Fang Ai Lian etc who are considered safe pair of hands by the PAP and rewarded

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u got sinkies from cohorts who r betta dan others in maths n science ... summor most of dem graduate from nus n ntu which u boasted as lumpar 1 n 2 universities ...

y dun dey deserf betta pay dan ft's who either haf fake degrees or degrees from dunno where universities ...

u wan smarter sinkie workers but dun wan 2 pay 4 their betta quality? ...

yet u can pay n idiot astronomical salary who hide n run away from problems ...

summor dat burger can leisurely q 4 chicken wings 4 his family ... n hunt 4 virtual santa wen ze serious issue of terrexes being sent 2 ze meat grinder was burning hot ...

y shud sinkies settle 4 a lesser standard of wok-life balance? ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays were the first group to be displaced by this governments penchant for cheap labour. We laughed or pretended that we were safe. It was not the case. Work life balance requires a job not matter how menial it is in the first place.

Malays already got a work life balance before millions of chinese horde migrated to malay archipelago. Malays were labelled lazy etc. Now chinese wants same thing.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats why i said work life balance will never happen as long as all the power are in the hands of businesses and the capitalists......ze government is just a useless barking dog piece of underwear covering aurat. until u learn how to get hold of and weild some of that power urself,and fight back ur cpf and temasek u will forever be slaves.....why are switzerland free men?because their soverign wealth funds and all the ill gotten wealth they got from africa belongs to them and the citizens....each citizen gets a share of the spoils,each swiss citizen has some share ownership in the company called switzerland.....unlike singaporeans u guys are nothing but cheap disposable slaves.

cuckoldoolittle

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Crippled Ex-NMP already have AssHo and the pap to cater her every needs
and wants.
Even AssHo have to kneel and bow before
this socialite Crippled Ex-NMP Chia.[/h]Her Work- Her Life is already very well Balanced

How could she ever understand what "Real Work-Life Balance" means to an average sinkie with a family and children to feed?

yong20yong2.jpg

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is a hard-core pro-PAP NMP.Pathetically,she is crippled physically and mentally.Don't know what she is trying to prove ?
Singapore workers are the unhappiest workers in South-East Asia cos the annual GDP growth rates are tied to the Ministers'
remuneration

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u got sinkies from cohorts who r betta dan others in maths n science ... summor most of dem graduate from nus n ntu which u boasted as lumpar 1 n 2 universities ...

y dun dey deserf betta pay dan ft's who either haf fake degrees or degrees from dunno where universities ...

u wan smarter sinkie workers but dun wan 2 pay 4 their betta quality? ...

yet u can pay n idiot astronomical salary who hide n run away from problems ...

summor dat burger can leisurely q 4 chicken wings 4 his family ... n hunt 4 virtual santa wen ze serious issue of terrexes being sent 2 ze meat grinder was burning hot ...

y shud sinkies settle 4 a lesser standard of wok-life balance? ...

dime a dozen,nothing sinkies can do that 1.3 bil PRCs cant....for every 1 NTU NUS sinkie grad theres 100 PRCs in Harvard,Cambridge.Stanford,mit etc etc.first rate PRCs are either in their national universities or in Ivy leagues,2nd rates PRCs go to ang moh countries to study,like canada,Uk and australia or germany,swissland,scandinavia,those that come to singapore are 3rd rate,but even 3rd rate PRCs are stronger than sinkies.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at France and Germany - higher pay higher taxes shorter working hours longer holidays damm solid unions. go on strike every few months. and they have work life balance. look at scandavania countries. they are lauded to have work life balance. go field study jiak hong so many times , implement what fuck liao ?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Irrelevant or perhaps not. :biggrin:
Does she feel anything in between those legs of hers.

What the fuck does she knows about the work of everybody else unless she has worked in every industry. People are working 12 hours a day just to keep it going. She doesn't a life obviously given her crippled pussy doesn't mean everybody else don't.