• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Please Erase "You Are Not Going To Get Angels In Power All The Time"

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They were the first comments by a Minister on the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) investigations related to a staff of the Ang Mo Kio Town Council (AMKTC).

To cut the long story short: Victor Wong, the general manager and secretary of AMKTC has been removed from his duties and is under investigation by the CPIB. Wong works for the managing agent of AMKTC and was asked to go on leave after the town council received a complaint about him.

K Shanmugam, Minister for Home Affairs and Law, who was actually speaking at a news conference on another matter, told the media on Jan. 6 that we (referring to the government) “take probity in public office very, very seriously” and that the allegations would be “investigated and no one will be spared”.

More importantly, Shanmugam added that “no town council, no one, nothing will be swept under the carpet”.

Sweeping under the carpet was exactly what Channel NewsAsia and The Straits Times did to parts of his comments in their reports.

CNA_angels_in_power-1.jpg

Now, compare the quote in CNA a few hours later:

CNA_angels_in_power_censored.jpg

It’s sweet to know that the editors of CNA (owned by Mediacorp) and ST (owned by Singapore Press Holdings) have such telepathy in over-zealously censoring the Minister’s remarks.

After all, the Minister is not wrong to say that Singapore is not utopia — in fact, there have been ministers charged for corruption during Singapore’s early years.

http://mothership.sg/2017/01/st-cna...-to-get-angels-in-power-all-the-time-comment/

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holy shit! Does this mean Lee Kuan Yew has been promoted to archangel in the heavens above Singapore?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holy shit! Does this mean Lee Kuan Yew has been promoted to archangel in the heavens above Singapore?
acherly it's mentor-archangel - as they're the only ones allowed to use knuckle-dusters to keep korupt angels at bay.
the lower ranking ones only have crop-dusters to upkeep the greenery of tree-lined expressways :wink:

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
FAS also quietly had its direct funding from tote board withdrawn. No smoke without fire, why no club investigation into its $25m annual spending over the past few decades? 6 clubs each receive $800k each. What about the other $20m?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y dey remov it?

u find me a set of people in ze world, a society, where nobody commits mistakes in wat dey say n evrybody says tings correctly ...

sins ah loonz gang has been in charge, u haf had all kinds of nonsense spouting ...

u r not going 2 get angels in ah loonz gang all ze time ...

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who ask u 2 post tis? ...

u shud b helping ur boss 2 sweep tis under ze carpet ...
Wah lau. All the while I already said John tan is the most respectable pap doggy. This is the reason I address him as Sir mah. :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why they erase?It's romantic to hear PAP refer to themselves as angels.PAP is the party of angels.i think I'm falling in love with angels again.

[video=youtube;luwAMFcc2f8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwAMFcc2f8[/video]

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
I made a mistake; it should be:
Lord John Tan, 1st Baron Tan of Sammyboy
or
Lord John Tan, 1st Baron Tan of Sam's AlfrescoHeaven
or
Lord John Tan, 1st Baron Tan of Sam's Alfresco Coffee Shop
:p

Lol. I only used "My Lord" once as the greatest form of respect when Sir went missing.. as in "Where are you, my Lord" :p
Yes, exactly one month ago:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?238585-Oh-dear-where-is-my-respectable-successful-sir-John-tan-!
Where are you, my lord ! :eek:

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is shamugan trying to pull a perestroika or glasnost here?is he trying to bring down the PAP Union single handedly?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that statement is just a red herring. the real damaging statement they are desperately trying to remove is.....

"since the pap has been in charge you've had all kinds of corruption."