• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Banana Leaf Curry really does lower my blood pressure - Yeah !!!

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whenever I go for curry at Samy's, I found my blood pressure lowered mysteriously.

To test if it was a dream, I stayed off my blood pressure medicines (beta-blocker) and went for curry today.

Hah !! My suspicions were proven correct. Curry does indeed help to lower my blood pressure.

Did you experience this? What other tested foods can lower your BP?

Samys-Fish-Head-Curry-Singapore-9637.jpg

:smile::biggrin::smile:

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the internet :

Q. I accidentally learned that turmeric could help reduce my high blood pressure. It went from 160/80 to 140/60 after eating an Indian meal of curry.

After I made this discovery, my nutritionist daughter advised me to use 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric daily. I add it to a small clove of garlic and blend it with fruits in a soy shake I make daily. I have now lost weight and my blood pressure runs about 109 to 120/65.

A. What an interesting discovery. We don’t think doctors will prescribe curry, but rodent research suggests that curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, can lower blood pressure (Journal of Clinical Investigation, March, 2008).

Turmeric is the yellow spice used in curry and yellow mustard.

Some people may be allergic to turmeric. In addition, this herb may interact with the blood thinner Coumadin (warfarin) to cause dangerous bleeding.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2008/12/22/curry-lowered-h/

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, I did not consume any fish head at Samy's at Dempsey . All I had was the masala chicken, fried fish, and the vegetables provided.

I do miss the shop at Race Course Road called "OUR MAKAN SHOP" though..... their chicken curry was heavenly......

I do hope they have curry in the next life :o

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indian food the best. Brown and lovely. Tasty. Unlike bland chinese food. Thai and mslay food close second.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing Bro on tumeric advice.

"Our Makan Shop" was my favourite for their fish head curry. I have yet to come across another one else that can emulate them. All they are gone forever. Apollo and Samy is still the on the list.

No, I did not consume any fish head at Samy's at Dempsey . All I had was the masala chicken, fried fish, and the vegetables provided.

I do miss the shop at Race Course Road called "OUR MAKAN SHOP" though..... their chicken curry was heavenly......

I do hope they have curry in the next life :o

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tumeric is very high anti inflammatory qualities. I take it sometimes to lessen post workout muscle soreness.

The problem is it is very hard to be absorbed efficiently by the human body. I've read that it needs to be taken together with fats/oil.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the internet :

Q. I accidentally learned that turmeric could help reduce my high blood pressure. It went from 160/80 to 140/60 after eating an Indian meal of curry.

After I made this discovery, my nutritionist daughter advised me to use 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric daily. I add it to a small clove of garlic and blend it with fruits in a soy shake I make daily. I have now lost weight and my blood pressure runs about 109 to 120/65.

A. What an interesting discovery. We don’t think doctors will prescribe curry, but rodent research suggests that curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, can lower blood pressure (Journal of Clinical Investigation, March, 2008).

Turmeric is the yellow spice used in curry and yellow mustard.

Some people may be allergic to turmeric. In addition, this herb may interact with the blood thinner Coumadin (warfarin) to cause dangerous bleeding.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2008/12/22/curry-lowered-h/

u got salah anot.. 160 u better go horsebeter and see dogtor too high orlady

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tumeric is very high anti inflammatory qualities. I take it sometimes to lessen post workout muscle soreness.

The problem is it is very hard to be absorbed efficiently by the human body. I've read that it needs to be taken together with fats/oil.

i buy it whole and raw from farmers' market, cut it up, blend it with coconut milk and gulp it down. when whole it looks like galangal of the ginger family. sprouts and whole foods are selling it whole on shelves in the vege section.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ur good cholesterol is down by 20,that is way more dangerous than ur bad cholesterol,LDL doesnt protect against heart disease,its the HDL or ur good cholesterol.....this banana leaf curry is about to give u cardiac arrest the next time u take a shit.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This sounds interesting. When you take it do you eat the supplements or brew it yourself?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's incorrect.

For the body to effectively absorb turmeric, you need nothing other than black pepper. Note: it must be black pepper, not the white variety. The proportion of turmeric to black pepper is 1:1

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's incorrect.

For the body to effectively absorb turmeric, you need nothing other than black pepper. Note: it must be black pepper, not the white variety. The proportion of turmeric to black pepper is 1:1

don't need to black pepper lah. fresh turmeric is a root and can be blended or juiced like ginger. the juice gets easily absorbed by the gi tract while the pulp takes more time.