• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good Old Amos Yee

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little feedback from good old Amos:

I'd like to make my stance on free speech very clear. The hate speech laws in Singapore are absolutely awful and barbaric. The threshold for hate speech is so low in Singapore - the most ridiculous example is, I was literally sentenced for simply saying "F-Allah." Although I do think that those videos made a lot of people more aware of the horrid nature of the Singapore government and religion, if I continue with this style, humping the Q'uran and calling the PAP supporters "dogs," in the long term people would follow my style and my supporters would have a reputation of being overly vulgar and mean-spirited, and that would probably turn off many people who would otherwise be receptive to the political message. It is similar to what PETA is doing to Veganism.

Now, though I think that the style of my videos were over-the-top, should I have been sent to prison for it? Should I be sent to prison for committing hate speech and "intending to wound religious feelings?" Fuck no. These hate speech laws are like giving the death penalty to marijuana traffickers (which Singapore also does!). The actions do not deserve conducting overly harsh punishments that lack any respect for human rights and decency.

And I'll tell you, even though I will reduce the level of vulgar language and meanness that you saw in my previous work, my delivery will still be somewhat sharp and vulgar, packaged optimally for good activism.

I would probably at times feel it's necessary to slip in a few "F-Allah"s here and there. And in Singapore, that would land me in prison again! There is still a fear of prosecution if I behave the way I want and exercise my free speech in Singapore. I condemn this blatant violation of international human rights conducted by the ruling Lee family in Singapore that imprisoned me twice. These anti-free speech laws are barbaric, savage, and are arbitrarily applied.