• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat GCT Laments Not Being Appreciated

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
if it is based on meritocracy and not cronyism, what merit does TPL have?
According to:
news.pap.org.sg/young-pap/advisors_tinpeiling.html
TPL has the "merit" of being an alumna of:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Crescent Girls' School#Notable_Alumnae
which boasts:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanette_Aw
wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Liping
wikipedia.org/wiki/Lim_Hwee_Hua
and even:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Ching
as her fellow alumnae, so there is a high chance that all their many supporters/fans (especially the female ones) voted for TPL and, therefore, the PAP. :wink:
wikipedia.org/wiki/MacPherson_Single_Member_Constituency#Elections_in_2010s

Also, she's an alumna of:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hwa_Chong_Institution_people
which is, ironically, a very pro-PAP high school. :wink:

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GCT didnt have the courage to confront LKY and LHL when they accepted special discounts for Nassim Jade apts.

Singapore started to decline during GCT's premiership

I believe that GCT should have directed CID and CPIB to investigate that matter.
The individuals who were asked to investigate that matter, are not qualified to conduct and perform such tasks.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
TPL going to Marine Parade has nothing to do with GCT.

TPL home ground with PAP politics is Ulu Pandan. Her father a coffeeshop owner was active there as a PAP member. She was being mentored by Viv B and Lim Swee Say. Ulu Pandan comes under Holland - Bt GRC. In the run up to GE2011, East Coast GRC was identified as likely to fall based on the previous GE and WP gaining ground. Lim Swee Say then switched to East Coast. Though originally slated for Holland - BT under the care of Swee Say courtesy of LHL, the team felt that she was not strong enough and they then fielded Sim Ann who was senior civil servant and scholar and TPL does not come close.

It was then decided to send her to MP as it PAP stronghold. When she screwed up repeatedly GCT was so exasperated that he actually told the press that she was pushed into his GRC by the PM indicating that he did not pick her.

Not only she fucked up repeatedly and became a liability GCT and MP GRC ended up facing the more articulate and impressive Nicole Seah who clearly showed she was much much better than TPL.

The PAP being PAP to avoid looking silly now gives her everything to make her look good. I am told that she is still engaged with Ulu Pandan PAP branch as her "gang" is there. Don't be surprised if her husband replaces someone in Holland-BT as they believe she is working the ground for her husband.

GCT stepped down in 2004 long before GE2011 and has been sucking air since. There was no need to remove him. He was needed as valuable cover for Old Man who did not have any cabinet role or responsibility to occupy the Istana and travel free all over the place. Now that old man is dead, they don't need GCT cover.

I thought TPL was planted there so that hopefully MP GRC could fall? Before that election, there were rumors of power struggle with wooden goh fraction. Even dead bastard had to come up with agreement with wooden goh after that election to step down and just be some emeritus shit?

If MP and wooden goh was so important that they could not fall, that skinny bimbo wouldn't have been placed there, consider how black that wood head's face was pre-election.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that GCT should have directed CID and CPIB to investigate that matter.
The individuals who were asked to investigate that matter, are not qualified to conduct and perform such tasks.

if he truly wants to know the truth, GCT shd have directed CPIB and CID to investigate if he truly wants to know the truth. But after knowing the truth, did GCT have the courage to go after LKY and LHL?

So, out of cowardice, perhaps GCT rather not want to be told by CPIB that corruption was involved in the Nassim Jade case.

To not know that it was corruption means GCT didnt have to confront LKY.

Koh Beng Seng had the courage. But sadly, GCT failed him and Singapore

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT didnt have the courage to confront LKY and LHL when they accepted special discounts for Nassim Jade apts.

Singapore started to decline during GCT's premiership

Well, if he continues to hails the exceptionAL family as a indispensable part of future development of Singapore. Then I think he deserve it.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, if he continues to hails the exceptionAL family as a indispensable part of future development of Singapore. Then I think he deserve it.

GCT is nothing but an obedient dog to the LEE family. What did he deserve?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
GCT stepped down in 2004 long before GE2011 and has been sucking air since. There was no need to remove him. He was needed as valuable cover for Old Man who did not have any cabinet role or responsibility to occupy the Istana and travel free all over the place. Now that old man is dead, they don't need GCT cover.

GCT stepped down in 2004 but he was holding the SM post after that. The SM post has some bite and some power to it because it was set up for his predecessor in that SM position, OLd Fart. Nominally, SM is the second most power position after PeeM. That is why after GCT was relieved of the post, this position was retired and no longer available. Therefore, Your suggestion he was sucking air after he stepped down in 2004 is wrong. He was only sucking air after 2011 when the SM post was abolished. As I posted earlier, he was forced out and negotiated a golden parachute for himself. i.e. $16K a month MP job for doing nothing and the ceremonial post of ESM, but with budget for office, expenses, benefits and nice fat salary.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT stepped down in 2004 but he was holding the SM post after that. The SM post has some bite and some power to it because it was set up for his predecessor in that SM position, OLd Fart. Nominally, SM is the second most power position after PeeM. That is why after GCT was relieved of the post, this position was retired and no longer available. Therefore, Your suggestion he was sucking air after he stepped down in 2004 is wrong. He was only sucking air after 2011 when the SM post was abolished. As I posted earlier, he was forced out and negotiated a golden parachute for himself. i.e. $16K a month MP job for doing nothing and the ceremonial post of ESM, but with budget for office, expenses, benefits and nice fat salary.

As SM, GCT sat in cabinet Mtgs and is kept in touch with Govt policies and can influence Cabinet decisions. As ESM, he is a nobody, but is just an MP. Anyone with an ounce of pride, wld have graciously stepped down. But GCT is thick skin. I hope he stays for the next GE and see his vote go down to less than 50%. But alas, I dont think he has the courage to want to know the truth

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
As SM, GCT sat in cabinet Mtgs and is kept in touch with Govt policies and can influence Cabinet decisions. As ESM, he is a nobody, but is just an MP. Anyone with an ounce of pride, wld have graciously stepped down. But GCT is thick skin. I hope he stays for the next GE and see his vote go down to less than 50%. But alas, I dont think he has the courage to want to know the truth

GCT will not run in the next GE. that's my read on it. But he will hold the ESM post till his death.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT will not run in the next GE. that's my read on it. But he will hold the ESM post till his death.

ESM is an honorary title. It means absolutely nothing except for the person who craves recognition.

I too think GCT shd retire and enjoy his sunset years. But he may stand if:
1. PAP is short of candidates
2. He, a vainpot, wants to prove that he can get more than 55% votes

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
for being a multi millionaire instead of sinking with NOL, he got a lot to be thankful for!!!!
appreciation my foot............ curse him for warming seat for the spoilt brat

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
for being a multi millionaire instead of sinking with NOL, he got a lot to be thankful for!!!!
appreciation my foot............ curse him for warming seat for the spoilt brat

GCT got paid more than what he did. He should be thankful to Singaporeans. What is there to be appreciative to him? Shameful GCT

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
All PAP members ought to thank Singaporeans for giving them a job

Yeah lah,u all PAP members better wake up your farking idea,U all should be grateful to us singaporeans for giving u a job.But that doesn't mean that u can suka suka enrich yourselves at the expense of the people.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah lah,u all PAP members better wake up your farking idea,U all should be grateful to us singaporeans for giving u a job.But that doesn't mean that u can suka suka enrich yourselves at the expense of the people.

Many PAP members are corrupt and will continue to enrich themselves regardless of what we said unless we enforce incorruptibility on them. We can vote them out or prosecute them. But with CPIB answering to LHL, SPF and Judiciary on their side, prosecuting them is difficult

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
They only can be prosecuted when the opposition is in power .When the DPP came to power in 2016 winning the presidency and legislature,the ex-Kuomingtang president Ma Ying Jiu was charged for corruption ,abuse of power and violation of secrets act.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many PAP members are corrupt and will continue to enrich themselves regardless of what we said unless we enforce incorruptibility on them. We can vote them out or prosecute them. But with CPIB answering to LHL, SPF and Judiciary on their side, prosecuting them is difficult

Singaporeans who are not corrupt will not join PAP. Those who join pap are like Victor Wong, who wants to wear two hats, Yang Yin who wants to get millions from aged Singaporean ladies, Michael palmer who wants free mangoes and free Lauras, david Ong who wants free Wendys, Steve Tan who wants free women. There are many in pap who have not been exposed yet