• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Long Term Traffic Jam?

jw5

Loyal
they need to remove overhead crossings to reduce incidence of upskirt videos of spg's wearing skirts. just a minor inconvenience for primary school kids but a great boost in protection of sinkie women's right to modesty (and privacy of their golden pussies).

They also need to remove the udderpasses, err...... I mean underpasses to reduce incidence of downblouse videos............ LOL......... :biggrin:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think about it, the entire Marine Parade Road has been feeding Victoria School, Victoria Junior College, Katong Convent, NgeeAnn Pri, St Pats, Katong Convent Pri, TaoNan School. If all schools start at the same bloody time, of course jam lah!

DGE should look at it and mandate the schools over this cluster to start at different timings. VJ can start later and sing Mari Kita at 8.30, the secondary schools sing at 8.00, primary schools sing at 7.30 as usual.

True. But the new traffic light aggravates the congestion problem

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
they need to remove overhead crossings to reduce incidence of upskirt videos of spg's wearing skirts. just a minor inconvenience for primary school kids but a great boost in protection of sinkie women's right to modesty (and privacy of their golden pussies).

tat is a fool idea. letting people watch colored undies and camel toes and plenty of panties n such is like stuffing them with plenty of ciggies, eventually they will be cured and lost all appetites

35D2C2F400000578-3668010-image-m-62_1467296199541.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It was KBW's idea. I raised the issue of narrowing the road to one lane and how it hinders rescue vehicles rushing to the scene in case of a fire or emergency

Ditto to your point and get someone to check how many actually uses that narrowed strip? I jog there often enough in the morning to see many using the zebra crossing and/or anywhere they feel like it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her business is built by her own money and her own abilities. She is unalike the pap who use tax payers money. She is no tyrant. But she deserves to get whatever she wants because she is the boss who built her business through her sweat and tears. She gets what she wants, anyway she wants it

is that you, jaslyn?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tat is a fool idea. letting people watch colored undies and camel toes and plenty of panties n such is like stuffing them with plenty of ciggies, eventually they will be cured and lost all appetites

that will be a gynae.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
silver zones should be like areas where u run over grouchy ole fogey like GCT and dont face any charges

Some folks would soon be ran over at the Telok Kurau Rd and East Coast road junction.
Went to the Geylang Lor 29 Hokkien Mee today and saw some kutu driving in the opposite direction.

For the uninitiated, when one turns into Telok Kurau from from Marine Parade road, there used to be 4 lanes, leftmost being a left-turn lane, 2 lanes going straight, the right-most being a right-turn lane. Somehow the 4 lane traffic has been reduced to a 3 lane traffic, left-turn lane, 1 lane going straight, the last lane for straight and right-turning.

I was wondering why the kutu was on the non-existent 4th lane which was previously the right-turn lane and noticed that the lane markings weren't scrapped off completely. Clearly it is confusing drivers who turning right into East Coast road heading towards Siglap. Coming from the Telok Kurau road towards Marine Parade Road, there's 2 lane traffic, that poor chap on the right lane had to horn and gesture to that kutu who was clearly in the opposite direction.

LTA, can scrap off the lane markings completely before more accidents occur at this junction?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Decided to kaypoh kaypoh a bit this morning, noticed the silver zone around Marine Terrace now has railings around to direct human traffic, but the vehicles are jammed all around Marine Terrace and Marine Crescent. It's like Bangkok now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reporting live from Blk 51 @ 0730... ahhh... those blue pinafore reminds me of my Chung Cheng days...

Updates @ 0830: traffic clears like magic about 10~15 minutes you hear the Mari Kita along Marine Terrace and Marine Crescent... Marine Parade Road clears momentarily before the traffic builds up again when the working crowd heads to office... Still Road South is like BKK too! :p:p:p

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ditto to your point and get someone to check how many actually uses that narrowed strip? I jog there often enough in the morning to see many using the zebra crossing and/or anywhere they feel like it.

people shd try to use pedestrain crossings. It is safer and does not impede traffic flow. MOT shd not narrow roads because that causes traffic flow problems

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some folks would soon be ran over at the Telok Kurau Rd and East Coast road junction.
Went to the Geylang Lor 29 Hokkien Mee today and saw some kutu driving in the opposite direction.

For the uninitiated, when one turns into Telok Kurau from from Marine Parade road, there used to be 4 lanes, leftmost being a left-turn lane, 2 lanes going straight, the right-most being a right-turn lane. Somehow the 4 lane traffic has been reduced to a 3 lane traffic, left-turn lane, 1 lane going straight, the last lane for straight and right-turning.

I was wondering why the kutu was on the non-existent 4th lane which was previously the right-turn lane and noticed that the lane markings weren't scrapped off completely. Clearly it is confusing drivers who turning right into East Coast road heading towards Siglap. Coming from the Telok Kurau road towards Marine Parade Road, there's 2 lane traffic, that poor chap on the right lane had to horn and gesture to that kutu who was clearly in the opposite direction.

LTA, can scrap off the lane markings completely before more accidents occur at this junction?

LTA didnt supervise the contractor for the scrapping paint job

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Decided to kaypoh kaypoh a bit this morning, noticed the silver zone around Marine Terrace now has railings around to direct human traffic, but the vehicles are jammed all around Marine Terrace and Marine Crescent. It's like Bangkok now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reporting live from Blk 51 @ 0730... ahhh... those blue pinafore reminds me of my Chung Cheng days...

Updates @ 0830: traffic clears like magic about 10~15 minutes you hear the Mari Kita along Marine Terrace and Marine Crescent... Marine Parade Road clears momentarily before the traffic builds up again when the working crowd heads to office... Still Road South is like BKK too! :p:p:p

I was driving along Bartley road, braddell road, Lornie road at abt 8.45am. The jam was bad.

SG is congested

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fuck!!!! I just Kena today at the exact spot you are talking about and after reading your post so more... Dunno heng or suay man :P

I was north bound on marine terrace towards telok kurau and some idiot south-bound-turning-right driver drove into my lane, forced me to take evasive action.

LTA, your sub-con not doing their job properly. Left the old lane markings on and forgot to erase.