• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Hokkien driver: Wah, kanina eh cheebye, siao liao, siao liao, Transcab liao liao

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...m-video-reveals-possible-fate-taxis-singapore

Trans-Cab has just announced a cut in rental rates of their taxis, in a bid to help lighten the burden of drivers, who have "told the company that third-party apps like Uber and Grab have taken a toll on [their] earnings".

Even if you're not a frequent user of taxis or private-hires, the reality that taxi drivers are facing a harder time due to the competition that came with the emergence of Uber and Grab is one that doesn't need much introduction or background.

While as consumers, we win with a larger variety of services, and promo codes being dished out like it's Christmas every single day, taxi drivers are feeling the heat when it comes to securing their livelihood.

However, recently, Second Minister for Transport Ng Chee Meng announced that changes to the Land Transport Authority's (LTA) Taxi Availability (TA) framework will take place from January 2017, in a bid to level the playing field between private-hires and taxis. The changes will entail that taxis will no longer be required to clock a minimum daily mileage of 250km, and operators will "no longer have to meet availability requirements between 6am to 7am and 11pm to 12am, otherwise known as "shoulder peak periods"".

But of course, the newcomers aren't completely at loggerheads with the taxi companies, as their GrabTaxi and UberTAXI services allow consumers to make taxi booking via their apps.

In fact, Grab announced at the start of September this year that they will be bringing all 7,000 or so Trans-cab drivers onto their platform.

It was Grab's first collaboration with a taxi operator, and Teo Kiang Ang, Trans-cab's Managing Director, explains that they decided on collaborating with Grab as they believe that their technology will be able to bring in more ride bookings for Trans-cab drivers.

Whether or not the playing field will eventually be levelled out with the measures remains to be seen, but a recent dashcam video seems to have revealed that taxi company Trans-cab isn't doing very well currently.

Just an hour or so ago, Facebook page Thelocalsociety uploaded a video of a car cruising in between what seems to be never-ending lines of idle Trans-cab taxis., along with caption "What happen (sic) to Transcab? Lots of cars not taken up for rental. Probably Uber & Grab is hitting hard.".

The time stamp on the video suggests that it was recorded yesterday.

What was even more revealing was the background commentary (of sorts) that came with it, by,we're guessing, a Trans-cab driver going back to the taxi depot to return the car.

Speaking entirely in Hokkien, the owner of the gruff voice didn't say much, but here's a rough translation of the main gist of what he said:

"So many cars ah, siao* liao, siao liao. Trans-cab finished liao." (Siao means crazy in Hokkien)

While we can't be entirely sure if the idle cabs captured on the video truly reflects the reality of Trans-cab and taxi companies in Singapore, it won't be a surprise if it was true, either.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have driven for smrt, trans-cab, premier and comfort. all the years, i stayed as relief driver cos' i dun like to be tied down as a hirer.

i remember when i was driving for smrt, drive halfway, cab's brake malfunction. that time, there were passengers in my cab. i have to stop with hand brake and call them to tow the vehicle back. kanna complain once for fucking an indian lady, smrt never take action.

trans-cab drivers very rowdy. anytime, ready poon pee pee can get into a fight type. their mechanics are all from china but one good thing about transcab is that they treat their drivers better than customers.

premier also not bad, from hoe chang road shift to changi. but one thing their accounts very messy, and they will send debt collector to your house if you owe them money.

comfort, knn eh typical GLC style run by cronies. i hate it but that time, they have the most calls, so even you reach Tuas area, do not fret, sure have passengers going out of that area. they very strict with drivers, and in there, it's women who call the shots not the guys. as for the drivers, they are very petty and calculative, they style they adopt are influenced by the management of comfort, fucking GLC mentality. when the top squeeze their drivers, the drivers also in turn squeeze their relief. one word to describe comfort is they "buay gan", literally means cannot fuck. they dun take care of drivers, this is a well known fact. the feeling i have is when driving for them is they wayang to show a bit of welfare but in actual, they take back more from you. typical PAP!

my experience with the above taxi companies were in the past. I have stopped driving since Uber came into the picture. a lot of disruption and competition, taxi drivers, i reckon nowadays dun make as much as before. what to do! this is sinkieland, they won't protect you just merely paying lip service.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I realised more n more taxi uncles are joining grab taxi. Not sure how grab takes the cut from them .

i was drinking kopi one rainy day and looking out at the taxi stand at katong eleven twoping. saw a line of cabs waiting for passengers. 1st time ever. i suppose either everyone drives or subscribes to uber or grabtaxi in katong.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was drinking kopi one rainy day and looking out at the taxi stand at katong eleven twoping. saw a line of cabs waiting for passengers. 1st time ever. i suppose either everyone drives or subscribes to uber or grabtaxi in katong.

So grab and uber should start charging the taxi company for helping them to sustain .

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I realised more n more taxi uncles are joining grab taxi. Not sure how grab takes the cut from them .

Bro, you should invest your $500,000 in developing a new app called "GrabWaist" or "GrabSlimWaist". Can approach those handbag boutiques in Ngee Ann City to place advertisements on your new app.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab and uber are above gahmen regulation. No need meter, hire sign on roof etc. Less regulation, less costly. This is why there should be less gshmen regulation if businesses want to thrive.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the assimilation of the taxi drivers have begun.We are the Uber.Prepare for assimilation.Resistance is futile.

allowing Uber into Singapore is Ho Jinx's biggest mistake,first we will spend 800 million dollars in subsidies to destroy all competition,then we will assimilate all taxi drivers one by one.soon all of singapore will belong to us.

[video=youtube;WZEJ4OJTgg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8[/video]

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a very important note to all taxi drivers who want to guai lan with PAP, DUN DO IT! They can mess you up, making you half dead after driving for a shift. haha...if they mark you, you will sooner or later realise that you will want to quarrel or fight with your passengers, and get into the wrong side of the law. they can manipulate your movement, not joking. i have experienced all these. they can make you so extremely worked up that you want to ramp into the wall. just dun forget lasup matas and taxi companies are birds of the same flock, especially comfort delgro with the bond among the siao char bors. take it or leave it, my advice!