Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,642
    My Reputation Points: 2762 / Power: 3

    Default AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!



    SINGAPORE - The general manager and secretary of Ang Mo Kio Town Council (AMKTC) has been removed from his duties and is under investigation by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB).

    Mr Victor Wong, who works for CPG Facilities Management, the managing agent of the town council, was asked to go on leave by his company after the town council received a complaint about him in September, town council chairman Ang Hin Kee told The Straits Times on Thursday (Dec 29).

    He added that the case had been referred to the CPIB and Mr Wong was removed from his positions at the town council last month.



    An acting general manager, Mr Lim Kian Chiong, has been appointed to replace him, according to a notice published last month in the Government Gazette.

    Mr Lim is also an employee of CPG Facilities Management, contracted to manage the estate.

    Mr Ang, who is an MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, said the town council received a complaint in September about Mr Wong concerning "the way he handles contracts and dealings in the town council".

    He added that the complaint "arose out of his dealings which relates to probable behaviour needing investigation done by CPIB".

    "Needless to say, the town council ourselves will render all the assistance needed to ensure zero tolerance for corruption," said Mr Ang.

    "There's responsibility on the part of our contractors to do the job properly, if they do it inappropriately then we will take follow up actions with regards to getting them replaced (and) sending the case for investigation, making sure the necessary steps are taken."

    Mr Ang declined to reveal details about the case, citing ongoing investigations, but said that the town council constantly reminded its staff to declare any interests concerning tenders that the town council was awarding.

    Staff from the managing agent were also reminded that "if there are declarations to be made, if there are interests to declare, the people involved (must) make those declarations", he said.

    He added that the MPs of the GRC had made it a point to personally check on projects performed by its contractors, "so not 100 per cent is done by the managing agent with no oversight".

    AMKTC is responsible for the housing estates in Ang Mo Kio GRC, which is helmed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

    Mr Ang said that activities on the ground in the town council were unaffected by the development.

    "We have made sure that people on the ground, the staff and officers on the ground continue to do their work properly supervised," he said.

    Mr Wong could not be reached for comment on Thursday evening.

    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...der-cpib-probe
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,642
    My Reputation Points: 2762 / Power: 3

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Possible for admin mod to modify the title of this thread to " AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!" ?
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    19,454
    My Reputation Points: 3371 / Power: 7

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Must be WP's fault again!

    Who is going to do the spin ...Shanmu or Vivian? These two are the biggest snakes in cabinet. They can twist and turn to make Jesus into a villain and make Satan into God.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,931
    My Reputation Points: 228 / Power: 8

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by winnipegjets View Post
    Must be WP's fault again!

    Who is going to do the spin ...Shanmu or Vivian? These two are the biggest snakes in cabinet. They can twist and turn to make Jesus into a villain and make Satan into God.
    Yes, I am not surprised that PAP will spin this and blame WP for this alleged corruption

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    16,240
    My Reputation Points: 2382 / Power: 10

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Why the fucking CPIB never investigate the Lehman mini bond scandals? Did the PAP town council head honchos receive some kickbacks to park their money in such dubious investments? Did the CPIB investigate them at all?

    PAP Town Councils - What A Fiasco


    Nov 18, 2008
    FINANCIAL CRISIS
    Town councils' exposure: $16m
    Another $3m invested in Pinnacle Notes Series 6 could be at risk
    By Goh Chin Lian

    EIGHT town councils (TC) run by the People's Action Party have about $16 million invested in troubled structured products.

    The lion's share of $12 million is from two TCs: Holland-Bukit Panjang ($8 million) and Pasir Ris-Punggol ($4 million).

    The products include Minibonds linked to bankrupt US investment bank Lehman Brothers and the now worthless Merrill Lynch Jubilee Series 3 LinkEarner Notes.

    Dr Teo Ho Pin, chairman of the Holland-Bukit Panjang TC as well as coordinating chairman for the 14 PAP town councils, disclosed this yesterday.

    Earlier in Parliament, Senior Minister of State (National Development) Grace Fu identified the two TCs when she was asked whether a stricter cap on risky investments was needed.

    In his statement, Dr Teo defended the TCs' investment strategy, saying the funds are diversified across deposits, securities and other financial products.
    Surely there must be some accountability for this. Unlike Temasek and GIC, town councils have no way of pretending that their money is not public money.
    This is not the first time I am criticising how the town councils handle public money. You can read this post that I wrote last year: You Give Your Money To Your Town Council So That It Can Play The Stock Market.
    Maybe I should change the title of my current post to "You Give Your Money to Your Town Council So That It Can Buy Lehman Minibonds".
    The fact that town councils invest your conservancy fees into stocks, shares, bonds and structured products really just goes to show that Singaporeans have been paying way too much in conservancy fees.
    What do town councils need so much money for, anyway? As of last year, they had more than $1,000,000,000 of excess cash in their sinking funds! Surely it doesn't cost that much to build a few playgrounds and basketball courts, and to pay some Bangladeshi workers to clear the rubbish and sweep the floor every day.
    Note that town councils aren't responsible for maintaining everything in your HDB estate. Organisations like the National Parks Board pay for the maintenance of the parks; while the Land Transport Authority pays for maintaining the roads and bus-stops; the Singapore Sports Council pays for the maintenance of the public swimming pools and sports stadiums etc.
    In yesterday's Straits Times, Dr Teo Ho Pin, coordinating chairman for the 14 PAP town councils, is reported to have said that town councils need to build up their sinking fund for long-term improvement works, like replacing lifts every 28 years.
    Seems like a poor excuse to me.
    Under the Lift Upgrading Programme, the town council pays only a very small fraction of the overall cost. For example, according to the HDB website, on average the town council pays only 7.6% of the cost of upgrading the lift for a 4-room flat in a standard block, or approximately $900.
    Holland-Bukit Panjang and Pasir Ris-Punggol lost $12 million. That could have upgraded lifts for more than 13,000 flats. All at one go ... and not over the next 28 years!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,080
    My Reputation Points: 144 / Power: 6

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Wats the figure involved, 4 digits, 5 digits,or 6 Digits?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    933
    My Reputation Points: 374 / Power: 2

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    so can we subject this CB Loong AMK GRC to go through an independent 2 year audit like what they subject WP to?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    204
    My Reputation Points: 280 / Power: 1

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    shan will advise to focus on ahtc.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    34,964
    My Reputation Points: 1591 / Power: 2

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Aren't there any good looking people in Singapore?

    Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,307
    My Reputation Points: 1050 / Power: 4

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leongsam View Post
    Aren't there any good looking people in Singapore?
    it is very sad to see TC to employ this kind of fuck face GM.
    In NZ or australia, this kind of fuck face can only work in burger joints, flipping burger
    Quote Originally Posted by HK14K View Post
    No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
    a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

    only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,181
    My Reputation Points: 4545 / Power: 11

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan View Post
    Possible for admin mod to modify the title of this thread to " AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!" ?
    ur mind oni got amdk ...

    ... juz another 3.5224˘ worth ... (gst 7%, inflation 8% (2008) n tariff 21% (2008), 23.32% (2010), 9.8%(2011) incl.) ...
    fr n original, humble 2˘ ... u now got a whopping 3.5224˘ worth fr me! ...
    tis value is fully guaranteed (wun morning say dun guarantee & @ nite say guarantee) ...
    ...


    world cup 2014 chiobu n colorful fans updated: 2day
    octopus regina makes world cup 2014 predictions updated: 25jun

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    187
    My Reputation Points: 207 / Power: 1

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leongsam View Post
    Aren't there any good looking people in Singapore?
    only in the private sector. good looking people don't need to suck balls and work in Government or GLC.

    i am sure you are extremely good looking, some would say beautiful even!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,931
    My Reputation Points: 228 / Power: 8

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by winnipegjets View Post
    Must be WP's fault again!

    Who is going to do the spin ...Shanmu or Vivian? These two are the biggest snakes in cabinet. They can twist and turn to make Jesus into a villain and make Satan into God.
    All wayang only.

    Likely that Victor will be let off and we will be told that he has done nothing wrong?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,128
    My Reputation Points: 855 / Power: 9

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leongsam View Post
    Aren't there any good looking people in Singapore?
    blame it on the newater, it fucks up your looks and muddles the brains.
    nothing whatsoever to do with lky's dotter or the absence of melanin granules - for them, it's the genes

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,287
    My Reputation Points: 4367 / Power: 11

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    it pays to join ruling leegime. just look at that fugly botak ong. so ugly can still go deep in joy tube of chiobu milf. sinkie women are attracted to money and power. don't need to be good looking or have a perky sexy butt.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,931
    My Reputation Points: 228 / Power: 8

    Default Re: AMD TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by eatshitndie View Post
    it pays to join ruling leegime. just look at that fugly botak ong. so ugly can still go deep in joy tube of chiobu milf. sinkie women are attracted to money and power. don't need to be good looking or have a perky sexy butt.
    most girls are attracted to money or power

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    978
    My Reputation Points: 215 / Power: 8

    Smile Re: AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan View Post


    SINGAPORE - The general manager and secretary of Ang Mo Kio Town Council (AMKTC) has been removed from his duties and is under investigation by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB).

    Mr Victor Wong, who works for CPG Facilities Management, the managing agent of the town council, was asked to go on leave by his company after the town council received a complaint about him in September, town council chairman Ang Hin Kee told The Straits Times on Thursday (Dec 29).

    He added that the case had been referred to the CPIB and Mr Wong was removed from his positions at the town council last month.



    An acting general manager, Mr Lim Kian Chiong, has been appointed to replace him, according to a notice published last month in the Government Gazette.

    Mr Lim is also an employee of CPG Facilities Management, contracted to manage the estate.

    Mr Ang, who is an MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, said the town council received a complaint in September about Mr Wong concerning "the way he handles contracts and dealings in the town council".

    He added that the complaint "arose out of his dealings which relates to probable behaviour needing investigation done by CPIB".

    "Needless to say, the town council ourselves will render all the assistance needed to ensure zero tolerance for corruption," said Mr Ang.

    "There's responsibility on the part of our contractors to do the job properly, if they do it inappropriately then we will take follow up actions with regards to getting them replaced (and) sending the case for investigation, making sure the necessary steps are taken."

    Mr Ang declined to reveal details about the case, citing ongoing investigations, but said that the town council constantly reminded its staff to declare any interests concerning tenders that the town council was awarding.

    Staff from the managing agent were also reminded that "if there are declarations to be made, if there are interests to declare, the people involved (must) make those declarations", he said.

    He added that the MPs of the GRC had made it a point to personally check on projects performed by its contractors, "so not 100 per cent is done by the managing agent with no oversight".

    AMKTC is responsible for the housing estates in Ang Mo Kio GRC, which is helmed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

    Mr Ang said that activities on the ground in the town council were unaffected by the development.

    "We have made sure that people on the ground, the staff and officers on the ground continue to do their work properly supervised," he said.

    Mr Wong could not be reached for comment on Thursday evening.

    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...der-cpib-probe

    Yet another corruption scandal involving the PAP gahmen again?...

    But it's an honest mistake, so let's move on...:
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...nt/192862.html

    But with stratospheric salaries, everything remains dignified:
    "If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
    - MP Lim Wee Kiak apologises for comments on pay
    [IMG URL]

    With a first class salary comes a first class gahmen and judiciary:...


    Indeed, pay before performance is very much part of the modern day PAP wayang kulit show...
    Last edited by bic_cherry; 30-12-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    "The measure of a man is best defined by his sincerity, not the thickness of his wallet, nor the opulence of wealth" ~ Matthew 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"- (NIV)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,518
    My Reputation Points: 465 / Power: 9

    Default Re: AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    KPMG MUST conduct a full audit of AMK TC immediately.Is the PAP Govt going to have double standards ?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,824
    My Reputation Points: 1499 / Power: 9

    Default Re: AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    ah victor is a black sheep crony! i 'd not be surprised that there are many more like him lurking around PAP. 斯文败类!
    With Perseverance comes reward, was that what people mean to tell me?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    21,426
    My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 11

    Default Re: AMK TC Gen Manager Under CPIB Probe!

    With all that money floating around I am not surprised by the corruption in the PAP. However I'm surprised that the PAP is making this affair public? Normally such things are dealt internally. Now there will be many who will question the integrity in the PAP. If the PAP does not bring in an independant auditor there will be questions about a double standard.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Football: Instructor under CPIB investigation
    By silentisgolden in forum Sports/Games/Hobbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 12:26 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 02:42 AM
  3. AMK-YCK FB Page under attack...
    By metalslug in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 12:57 PM
  4. AMK TC Not So Clean After All. Fake Urine Detector Exposed!
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 11:20 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 08:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •