Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spectacles

My Reputation Points: 3371 / Power: 7

Default Re: Spectacles

Quote Originally Posted by ckmpd View Post
    Maybe you looked prosperous, so they overcharged you
    I skeleton looking ...no better than a person living in slum.

My Reputation Points: 228 / Power: 8

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegjets View Post
    I skeleton looking ...no better than a person living in slum.
    Cannot be....

My Reputation Points: 3371 / Power: 7

Maybe...Singapore is doomed under pap
    Life in sinkapore is going to be tough as a sovereign state. It needs to be a part of a bigger entity. That sinkapore became independent was the work of an egoistic person who wanted to run a state. Since he could not run Malaya, he settled for tiny dot. He made sinkees' lives tough while he and his family enjoyed the fruits of the labour of sinkees.

It is time to evaluate our options.

My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 11

If you have found a decent optician in Spore but still want to save $. You can continue to get a pair from Spore. Then get the prescriptions from your Spore opticians & use it to make a 2nd pair in JB or Thailand.

I always make sure that I have 2 pairs of spectacles. I always keep one as a backup because my prescription is bad & they usually need 1 week to make a pair. When I got my spectacles from Issac they had to order the lens from HK .

My Reputation Points: 706 / Power: 9

Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    If you have found a decent optician in Spore but still want to save $. You can continue to get a pair from Spore. Then get the prescriptions from your Spore opticians & use it to make a 2nd pair in JB or Thailand.

I always make sure that I have 2 pairs of spectacles. I always keep one as a backup because my prescription is bad & they usually need 1 week to make a pair. When I got my spectacles from Issac they had to order the lens from HK .
    Which shop did you make your specs in Thailand?
    How long is the waiting and do they have only plastic or glass lens?

My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

oh thats a good advice to have 2 pairs.

My Reputation Points: 156 / Power: 3

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    every morning at 10am, they take buses to Singapore to serve Singapore men and leave Singapore by 8pm. they dont want to stay overnight.
    Who serve Sinkie men after 8pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Which shop did you make your specs in Thailand?
    How long is the waiting and do they have only plastic or glass lens?
    I used the prescription I got from Spore & went to the Optical 88 branch at MBK. It on in the ground floor. They used to offer glass lenses but now only offer plastic lenses. I went with Hoya because they had the thinnest lenses. I got them with an Ich Berlin titanium frame http://www.ic-berlin.de/en_GB

There is a small optician store at Sukhumvit between soi 4 & 6 or is it 7?, that sells lenses made of glass. It is not the Top Charon store that are also in that area. . The store is family owned & the owner confirmed that glass lenses are available even for the extreme myopia. Glass lenses are manufactured in Thailand.

For those with serious myopia they need at least 1 week to make a pair.

My Reputation Points: 4367 / Power: 11

I used the prescription I got from Spore & went to the Optical 88 branch at MBK. It on in the ground floor. They used to offer glass lenses but now only offer plastic lenses. I went with Hoya because they had the thinnest lenses. I got them with an Ich Berlin titanium frame http://www.ic-berlin.de/en_GB

There is a small optician store at Sukhumvit between soi 4 & 6 or is it 7?, that sells lenses made of glass. It is not the Top Charon store that are also in that area. . The store is family owned & the owner confirmed that glass lenses are available even for the extreme myopia. Glass lenses are manufactured in Thailand.

For those with serious myopia they need at least 1 week to make a pair.
    might as well move permanently to thighland. your life has becum penny pinching to the max. it's miserable.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

Quote Originally Posted by eatshitndie View Post
    might as well move permanently to thighland. your life has becum penny pinching to the max. it's miserable.
    I travel often & take advantage of my travels to get cheaper prices.

For example I've never had a haircut in Spore for the last 10+ years & I keep my hair short I go to the barber & not a saloon. Have had my haircuts in Thailand, Indonesia & Malaysia.

Whenever I am in BKK I always make a visit to MBK to eat there, window shop , get some exercise. Same, same with Siam Paragon. So while I am there why not get a pair of spectacles AND take advantage of cheaper prices AND a VAT refund when I leave Thailand

I don't have to be penny pincher but you have to admit that Spore prices are getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by johnny333; 30-12-2016 at 01:56 AM.

For example I've never had a haircut in Spore for the last 10+ years & I keep my hair short I go to the barber & not a saloon. Have had my haircuts in Thailand, Indonesia & Malaysia.

Whenever I am in BKK I always make a visit to MBK to eat there, window shop , get some exercise. Same, same with Siam Paragon. So while I am there why not get a pair of spectacles AND take advantage of cheaper prices AND a VAT refund when you leave the Thailand

I don't have to be penny pincher but you have to admit that Spore prices are getting ridiculous.
    Singapore's high rentals and various taxes are killing businesses in SG

Singapore's high rentals and various taxes are killing businesses in SG
    Prices increase is standard operating procedure with the PAP. So why are people now complaining?

My Reputation Points: 4545 / Power: 11

My friend told me rental is so high in SG that all spectacle shops in Singapore send their orders to be made in JB
    rentals of sinkielan spectacles shop is a spectacle, spectacles made in jb is spectacular ...

... juz another 3.5224˘ worth ... (gst 7%, inflation 8% (2008) n tariff 21% (2008), 23.32% (2010), 9.8%(2011) incl.) ...
    fr n original, humble 2˘ ... u now got a whopping 3.5224˘ worth fr me! ...
    tis value is fully guaranteed (wun morning say dun guarantee & @ nite say guarantee) ...

world cup 2014 chiobu n colorful fans updated: 2day
    octopus regina makes world cup 2014 predictions updated: 25jun

Whenever I am in BKK I always make a visit to MBK to eat there, window shop , get some exercise. Same, same with Siam Paragon. So while I am there why not get a pair of spectacles AND take advantage of cheaper prices AND a VAT refund when I leave Thailand

i make frequent trips to sg specially to buy made in sg jimbo or feiloong boxer shorts. they don't have them where i am.

My Reputation Points: 1050 / Power: 4

i went to Goldcoast australia and many Javanese (Jakarta / Surabaya / Semarang) tourists told me that Goldcoast is cheaper than Singapore and airtickets from Jakarta to Brisbane are cheaper than to Singapore.
    Quote Originally Posted by HK14K View Post
    No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
    a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

i make frequent trips to sg specially to buy made in sg jimbo or feiloong boxer shorts. they don't have them where i am.
    Singapore make shorts? which factory in SG arh?

Singapore make shorts? which factory in SG arh?
    yup, posted pics of them in a couple of threads by claire. there are 2 brands: jimbo and or fei loong with a flying horse symbol. made in sg. $4.50 per short. white ones have disappeared. only grey and blue ones are sold in hdb sundry shops. if i can find the factory i will buy it. old lady selling them tells me they are made in seamstresses' homes by elderly sinkie ladies. they are dying off, and the shorts will soon be history. i've bought everyone i could on last trip, but not the xxxl size as my butt is firm, perky and great for grabbing.

yup, posted pics of them in a couple of threads by claire. there are 2 brands: jimbo and or fei loong with a flying horse symbol. made in sg. $4.50 per short. white ones have disappeared. only grey and blue ones are sold in hdb sundry shops. if i can find the factory i will buy it. old lady selling them tells me they are made in seamstresses' homes by elderly sinkie ladies. they are dying off, and the shorts will soon be history. i've bought everyone i could on last trip, but not the xxxl size as my butt is firm, perky and great for grabbing.
    I am surprised that such a factory can survive in SG

I am surprised that such a factory can survive in SG
    can't find fei loong brand in sg anymore. jimbo brand is still around heartland shops if you dig deep enough into the crotch. my old white jimbo shorts.....

IMG_3819.JPG

can't find anymore white ones, thus resort to grey ones. but they like the white ones are aging grey (no pun intended).

IMG_3820.JPG

Thread Information