• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Medical Intern Places for Citizens first - Oz

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For privacy reasons I am leaving out the name as it is the one grandkids of the one of the richest and respected families in Singapore for decades.

She completed medicine in one of the Universities in Australia this year and it was also the first year that places for internship were limited. The OZ authorities made it clear that graduating students who are citizens will be offered places first. These students were offered places in July of this year. In late November a number of Singaporeans were offered places and she was one of them. She and others waited anxiously and patiently for their turn.

The interesting thing is that International students who pay a fortune to study Medicine in OZ never once complained and fully understood why OZ were firm about offering places first to their citizens and did not go by the grades.

When we heard the story, without a second thought agreed that if it was the Singapore Government, they will go by grades, and put a cursory premium on fees for show.

What do you think?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is affirmative action for useless natives like our neighbour up north. That is not we want. Singapore is a meritocracy. :smile:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
For privacy reasons I am leaving out the name as it is the one grandkids of the one of the richest and respected families in Singapore for decades.

She completed medicine in one of the Universities in Australia this year and it was also the first year that places for internship were limited. The OZ authorities made it clear that graduating students who are citizens will be offered places first. These students were offered places in July of this year. In late November a number of Singaporeans were offered places and she was one of them. She and others waited anxiously and patiently for their turn.

The interesting thing is that International students who pay a fortune to study Medicine in OZ never once complained and fully understood why OZ were firm about offering places first to their citizens and did not go by the grades.

When we heard the story, without a second thought agreed that if it was the Singapore Government, they will go by grades, and put a cursory premium on fees for show.

What do you think?

Natural aristocrats must go there for re training...........

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is affirmative action for useless natives like our neighbour up north. That is not we want. Singapore is a meritocracy. :smile:

so having a CCB with tudung as e Prez is meritocracy??? every time I see her spouting shit thru her froggy mouth I spuke........ boy such shit can become Prez ......... not even 50 yrs flooder or weak heart TarMuGee deserve my respect..... I am not not racist but there must be a red line somehow and not to hv it shafted down our throats

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know what is your problem. Your sentences are too long. It's makes difficult to read and very boring to read.

Try to break up into smaller little sentences. Don't write daily conversation as if you are writing the Constitution.