• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 130km to eat Ah See Wanton Mee !!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never thought I will do it for a bowl of wanton mee but I heard of Ah See Wanton Mee so many times that I thought I better close this chapter once and for all. I even met one bloke in London who raved about it.

So with couple of kakis we headed North. Most came along for the ride. Here is the address.
Jalan Jenang Dalam, Kampung Pegawai, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia. Its in the heart of town and not in some ulu area.

And it turned out to be the real deal - memories of good hawker fare of yesteryears started to flood thru. The noodle taste and texture, the sauce and the wanton all were excellent. One of the kakis who came from the ride had 3 rounds while the rest of us had 2 rounds. We then found out that everything including the noodles are prepared upstairs of the shophouse. Its a family run joint that began in the 1940s and now in the hands of the 3rd generation. The name of the shop is Chop See Kee but more commonly known as Ah See Wanton Mee as explained by the locals.

Seriously if you yearn for the good old days, this has to be in your bucket list.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No big deal.
I used to drive all the way to KL to satisfy food cravings.
Rich folks fly to other countries in their private jets just for Makan

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I never thought I will do it for a bowl of wanton mee but I heard of Ah See Wanton Mee so many times that I thought I better close this chapter once and for all. I even met one bloke in London who raved about it.

So with couple of kakis we headed North. Most came along for the ride. Here is the address.
Jalan Jenang Dalam, Kampung Pegawai, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia. Its in the heart of town and not in some ulu area.

And it turned out to be the real deal - memories of good hawker fare of yesteryears started to flood thru. The noodle taste and texture, the sauce and the wanton all were excellent. One of the kakis who came from the ride had 3 rounds while the rest of us had 2 rounds. We then found out that everything including the noodles are prepared upstairs of the shophouse. Its a family run joint that began in the 1940s and now in the hands of the 3rd generation. The name of the shop is Chop See Kee but more commonly known as Ah See Wanton Mee as explained by the locals.

Seriously if you yearn for the good old days, this has to be in your bucket list.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely check it out the next time I am that way.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who gives a God damn flying fuck on what you eat and do

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
17856470283_8053bbbaac_c.jpg

Ah See Wantan Mee, Batu Pahat

Chop See Kee (Ah See Wantan Mee)

Chinese Restaurant · Kampung Pegawai
Address: 2, Jalan Jenang Dalam, Kampung Pegawai, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia
Hours: Open today · 8:30AM–9:30PM
Christmas Day might affect these hours

18472844312_eedfa8ce72_c.jpg

thumb_600.jpg

17854493064_6cc58da143_c.jpg

2016-12-25 (2).jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro, thats the shop. See the photo and feel like doing another run in a couple of month's time, this time see if I can find any other forgotten fare the is around the vicinity.

Ehhh... Kopi O one cup how much Ringgits MR $ ???

54ec.jpg

Still got MR$4.50 = S$1.45 for "small" plate one ???

tks.

attachment.php

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Jalan Jenang Dalam, Kampung Pegawai, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia. Its in the heart of town and not in some ulu area ...
got loong q 1 anot? ... haf 2 wait loong loong 2 get a table or fud anot? ...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thanks Bro, thats the shop. See the photo and feel like doing another run in a couple of month's time, this time see if I can find any other forgotten fare the is around the vicinity.

They saythey got kway teow too. Did you try it?

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have not been that way in quite a long time , but I remember the roti channai there at any mamak stall being better than what we have here.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the tip, will definitely check it out the next time I am that way.

drop by Senkerang for best ikan pari masak by a Chinese who gets her fresh stingray from her fishmonger brother nearby wet market
steam prawns oso super.........
dun know address but next to a medium size river ........ cooked food centre opposite to wet market
every Sunday got Pasar Pagi there