• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [Breaking] Truck ploughs through crowded Berlin xmas market - 9 killed, 50 injured

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[FONT=&amp]Truck ploughs into crowd at Berlin Christmas market, nine dead

[/FONT]
Posted 20 Dec 2016 04:41

866e4a6d-8308-4c16-89a3-58372e11d642.jpg

[FONT=&amp]
BERLIN: A truck ploughed into a crowded Christmas market in the German capital Berlin on Monday evening, killing nine people and injuring up to 50 others, police said.

German media, citing police at the scene, said first indications pointed to an attack on the market, situated at the foot of the ruined Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church, which was kept as a bombed-out ruin after World War Two.

The incident evoked memories of an attack in France in July when Tunisian-born man drove a 19-tonne truck along the beach front, mowing down people who had gathered to watch the fireworks on Bastille Day, killing 86 people. The attack was claimed by Islamic State.

The truck careered into the Berlin market at what would have been one of the most crowded times for the Christmas market, when adults and children would be gathering in the traditional cluster of wooden huts that sell food and Christmas goods.

Berlin police said nine people were killed

"I heard a big noise and then I moved on the Christmas market and saw much chaos...many injured people," Jan Hollitzer, deputy editor in chief of Berliner Morgenpost, told CNN.

"It was really traumatic."

Police cars and ambulances converged quickly on the scene as a huge security operation unfolded. The fate of the driver of the truck was not immediately clear, but Bild newspaper said he was on the run.

Emma Rushton, a tourist visiting Berlin, told CNN the truck seemed to be travelling at about 40 mph (65 Kmh).

Asked how many were injured, she said that as she walked back to her hotel, she saw at least 10.

Julian Reichelt, editor in chief of Bild Berlin, said that there was currently a massive security operation under way.

"The scene certainly looks like a reminder of what we have seen in Nice," Reichelt said,

(The story was refiled to fix the headline)

(Reporting by Michael Nienaber; Writing by Robin Pomeroy and Ralph Boulton)

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]- Reuters[/FONT]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Breaking] Truck ploughs through crowded Berlin xmas market - 9 killed, 50 injure

Berlin Christmas market attack: 'Several killed' after lorry ploughs into crowd

Harry Cockburn

4 minutes ago

[FONT=&amp]At least nine people died and more than 50 were injured when a truck ploughed into a Berlin Christmas market in what police said was probably a deliberate attack.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Video of the aftermath showed people helping the injured on the ground.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Citing police at the scene, German media said first indications pointed to an attack on the market, situated at the foot of the ruined Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church, which was kept as a bombed-out ruin after World War Two.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Eyewitnesses reported that the lorry entered the market "at some speed - perhaps as high as 40mph", knocking down stalls before eventually coming to a standstill.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Video showed destroyed hoardings and stalls.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Mike Fox, a tourist from Birmingham, said that the large truck missed him by only about three meters as it drove into the market, tearing through tables and wooden stands. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
"It was definitely deliberate," he said, adding that he helped people who appeared to have broken limbs, and that others were trapped under Christmas stands.

Another, Emma Rushton agreed that "it wasn't an accident."

[FONT=&amp]
She told Sky News: "It was going at 40mph through the middle of the market. There was no way it could have come off the road and it showed no signs of slowing down."
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]She added: "There were lots and lots of people, this is Monday evening, people had finished work. There were tourists there."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Jan Hollitzer, deputy editor in chief of the Berliner Morgenpost said: "I heard a big noise and then I moved on the Christmas market and saw much chaos...many injured people," "It was really traumatic."[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
A photo posted by his newspaper showed damaged tables and stalls.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Berliner Zeitung newspaper said police believed there to be multiple injuries, but police could not immediately be reached to confirm.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Police cars and ambulances converged quickly on the scene as a huge security operation unfolded. The fate of the driver of the truck was not immediately clear, but Bild newspaper said he was on the run.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
The incident evoked memories of the attack of the July attack in the French town of Nice when a Tunisian-born man drove a 19-tonne truck along the beach front, mowing down people who had gathered to watch the fireworks on Bastille Day, killing 86 people. The attack was claimed by Isis.

[/FONT]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Breaking] Truck ploughs through crowded Berlin xmas market - 9 killed, 50 injure

Thank you Obama for fucking up Syria and helping spread the political Islam contagion into Europe. Now the Euro nationalists have the excuse they've been praying for to start WW3.

neo-nazi.jpg

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks to Angela Merkel for killing Germany with Islamic terrorist.

I hope the truck go over these leftist retards.

refugees-welcome-banners.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

It could be a uber self driving truck!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

-----
On her way to work one mornin',
Down a path alongside the lake,
A tender-hearted woman,
Saw a poor half-frozen snake.
His pretty colored skin
Had been all frosted with the dew,
"Poor thing," she cried, "I'll take you in,"
"And I'll take care of you."
"Take me in, tender woman,
Take me in, for heaven's sake,
Take me in, tender woman,"
Sighed the snake.

She wrapped him up all cozy,
In a comforter of silk.
And laid him by the fireside
With some honey and some milk.
Well she hurried home from work that night
And soon as she arrived,
She found that pretty snake
She'd taken in had been revived.

Sighed the snake.

Now, she clutched him to her bosom,
"You're so beautiful," she cried.
"But if I hadn't brought you in,
By now you might have died."
Now she stroked his pretty skin again,
And then kissed and held him tight.
Instead of saying, "Thanks,"
That snake gave her a vicious bite.
Sighed the snake.

"But, I saved you," cried that woman,
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous,
And now I'm gonna die."
"Aw, shut up, silly woman,"
Said that reptile, with a grin.
"You knew damn well I was a snake,
Before you brought me in."
"Please, take me in, oh, tender woman,
Sighed the snake.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you Obama for fucking up Syria and helping spread the political Islam contagion into Europe. Now the Euro nationalists have the excuse they've been praying for to start WW3.

neo-nazi.jpg

U are blaming Obama for some thing the right wing started a long time ago nearly 30 years in Afghanistan and Iraq?Greedy American corporations wanted oil and now Trump is electing esso CEO to the administration.obama had nothing to do except pick up the pieces after the carnage u guys created.Now u guys want to declare war on China and blame it on the liberals?By god have the right wing no shame?I hope China pounds US into the dirt over the next 20 years.then we have to listen to no more American bullshit no more.china Russia and the sand niggers will pound us into dust.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

-----
On her way to work one mornin',
Down a path alongside the lake,
A tender-hearted woman,
Saw a poor half-frozen snake.
His pretty colored skin
Had been all frosted with the dew,
"Poor thing," she cried, "I'll take you in,"
"And I'll take care of you."
Sighed the snake.

She wrapped him up all cozy,
In a comforter of silk.
And laid him by the fireside
With some honey and some milk.
Well she hurried home from work that night
And soon as she arrived,
She found that pretty snake
She'd taken in had been revived.

Sighed the snake.

Now, she clutched him to her bosom,
"You're so beautiful," she cried.
"But if I hadn't brought you in,
By now you might have died."
Now she stroked his pretty skin again,
And then kissed and held him tight.
Instead of saying, "Thanks,"
That snake gave her a vicious bite.
Sighed the snake.

"But, I saved you," cried that woman,
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous,
And now I'm gonna die."
"Aw, shut up, silly woman,"
Said that reptile, with a grin.
"You knew damn well I was a snake,
Before you brought me in."
"Please, take me in, oh, tender woman,
Sighed the snake.

That's why Myanmar must kick those Muslims out.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Islam has been defamed! German police gong cheebye caught the wrong man! Peaceful Muslim defamed as mass murderer!

BERLIN: German police think that the man from Pakistan who was arrested as a suspect in the attack on a Berlin Christmas market was not the actual perpetrator, Die Welt newspaper reported on Tuesday (Dec 20), citing senior security sources.

"We have the wrong man," said a senior police chief. "And therefore a new situation. The true perpetrator is still armed, at large and can cause fresh damage," the paper quoted the source as saying.

Berlin's police chief said it was not clear if the arrested man was the driver. Police said on Twitter: "The temporarily arrested suspect denies the offence. Therefore we are particularly alert. Please be also alert."

Earlier on Tuesday Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere had told reporters that the suspect was Pakistani and had arrived in Germany on Dec 31, 2015, seeking asylum. His request was still pending, the minister said.

De Maiziere added that Monday's bloodshed had so far not been claimed by the Islamic State organisation or any other group. He said however: "We have no doubt that this terrible event was an attack."

Chancellor Angela Merkel on Tuesday told reporters: "There is much we still do not know with sufficient certainty but we must, as things stand now, assume it was a terrorist attack."

She added: "I know it would be especially hard for us all to bear if it were confirmed that the person who committed this act was someone who sought protection and asylum."

Twelve people were killed in the assault at one of Berlin's most-visited attractions. 48 others were injured, including 18 who are severely wounded.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-christmas-market-attacker-still/3382216.html

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Islam has been defamed! German police gong cheebye caught the wrong man! Peaceful Muslim defamed as mass murderer!

IEDs not used this time. Thank goodness :smile::smile::smile:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Merkel and the loony left take in the poison snake to get bitten.

[video=youtube;8axWyK8nGuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8axWyK8nGuQ[/video]

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal

You dumb puki PAP pig. The 'right' terrorist will STILL be another islambabi pig. What has changed? :oIo:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

LHL condemned this incident but NOT detention of our Terrexes........... how come???

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

He paid millions of dollars to his generals for what? Find work for them to do lah. While he shake legs on Facebook every day.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nowadays terrorists don't need bomb or guns.

Just drive a heavy vehicle into a crowd will do it nicely

Allahu akbar

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

once elon musk and tesla come out with automatic driving all these problems will be solved,no more terror behind the wheels.anyone caught driving without automatic pilot will be heavily penalised or jailed.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Berlin truck attack: Police hunt for Tunisian suspect
40 minutes ago

_93068611_036977477-2.jpg

A manhunt is under way across Europe after prosecutors identified a suspect in Monday's deadly lorry attack on a Berlin Christmas market.

German prosecutors named the man they are searching for as Anis Amri, 23, from Tunisia, warning he could be armed and dangerous.

His residence permit was found in the cab of the lorry.

It has emerged that he was reported to counter-terrorism police last month and had been facing deportation since June.

The German authorities are offering a reward of up to €100,000 (£84,000; $104,000) for information leading to his arrest.

Reports suggest he may have been injured in a struggle with the lorry driver, found murdered in the cab. The attack claimed 12 lives in all.
_93070318_img_6612.jpg

Image copyright GERMAN INTERIOR MINISTRY
Image caption: A French version of the European Arrest Warrant issued for Anis Amri

P
olice are searching a migrant shelter in the Emmerich area of North Rhine-Westphalia, western Germany, where the suspect's permit was issued.
_93071398_berlin_manhunt_map624-2.png

Chancellor Angela Merkel has met her security cabinet to discuss the investigation into the attack.

In another development, the German cabinet approved plans agreed last month to allow more video surveillance of public places.

'Identified as a threat'

The warrant lists six different aliases used by Anis Amri, who at times tried to pass himself off as an Egyptian or Lebanese.

He is reported to have travelled to Italy in 2012 and then on to Germany in 2015 where he applied for asylum and was granted temporary leave to stay in April of this year.

Ralf Jaeger, the minister of interior of North Rhine-Westphalia, said on Wednesday that the claim for asylum had been rejected in June but the papers necessary for deportation had not been ready.

Muslims at a vigil in Berlin spoke of their love of the city and of Germany"Security agencies exchanged their findings and information about this person with the Joint Counter-Terrorism Centre in November 2016," the minister said.

Germany's Spiegel news magazine reports that the suspect was "classified as a so-called danger, a police category of people who are suspected of being capable of an attack, and who were therefore regularly checked".

Tunisia, Mr Jaeger said, had denied Anis Amri was its citizen, so the authorities had had to wait for temporary passport documentation from Tunisia.

"The papers arrived today from Tunisia," Mr Jaeger added.

Sueddeutsche Zeitung reports that the suspect moved within the circle of an Islamist preacher, Ahmad Abdelazziz A, known as Abu Walaa, who was arrested in November.

Some 49 people were also injured when the lorry was driven into crowds at the Breitscheidplatz Christmas market. So-called Islamic State said one of its militants carried out the attack but offered no evidence.

Polish citizen Lukasz Urban was found dead on the passenger seat with gunshot and stab wounds.

Investigators believe the lorry was hijacked on Monday afternoon as it stood in an industrial zone in north-western Berlin, Germany's Bild tabloid reports.

Mr Urban had stopped there after the delivery of Italian steel beams he was carrying was postponed until Tuesday.

GPS data from the vehicle reportedly shows it made small movements "as if someone was learning how to drive it" before leaving for the city at 19:40 (18:40 GMT), heading for the Christmas market near the Kurfuerstendamm, Berlin's main shopping street.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why do you have so little faith in Islam? Who else can perform such a cowardly attack on innocents?