• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Ah Neh Intolerant of Devout RC Family Burning Incense At HDB Corridor!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
woodlands_inconsiderate_neighbour_burn_incense_corridor_1.jpg

Before I begin on this post I'd like to say that I am definitely not one to resort to such extreme measures especially over matters that can be handled in better. alternative ways. But when the situation becomes as dire as this one, then I have no other choice.

Today morning started out fine. I was enjoying breakfast with my mother, something that has become a rarity with our schedules. My mother had advised me against doing this. But that is the kind of person my mother is, patient. I on the other hand, am not willing to show patience to such inconsiderate behaviour. Shortly into our meal, the familiar repugnant odour of incense papers burning. This only rang one thing in my head: it had to be them. My family has not been on speaking terms with the family opposite my home for over a decade and we have grown to live separately, with only one issue: their incense burning.

I opened my door today to this huge flame outside my home and my neighbour, the lady captured in the picture attached burning her incense paper along the common corridor so brazenly. Even as I was taking the photos here she was indifferent, but all I could wonder was how could she do it without flinching when I was struggling to keep my eyes opened as I took these photos? As I write this post in my bedroom which is in the corner most part of my home, my eyes still burn from the incense.

I've reported this issue of incense burning multiple times to the town council. I had called them but to no avail. It puzzles me that for a country that prides itself in its efficiency such a glitch can happen. As an individual with childhood asthma and extreme sensitivity to dust and small particles, I found it more baffling that I was told by the police when I had called them today that there's not much they can do except for me to "close my windows". I refuse to accept such a futile band-aid solution. Especially when only my main door was opposite theirs and even with it shut I was feeling uncomfortable in my own home.

These neighbours are apparently members of the Residents Committee under my block. May I ask on what grounds are they allowed to be members of the RC when they are aware burning of incense paper at common corridors is not condoned but they continue to do so anyway so brazenly? As an Indian in a multi-cultural society, I am more than aware that individuals are reserved the right to religious expression. But how can such behaviour ever be condoned if it diminishes the quality of living of those around? I refuse to be passive and turn the other cheek at such ludicrous behaviour. If members of other faiths can learn to practice their faiths with consideration to those around them why is there an exception for them?

The fourth photo shows the extent to which they have gone to hide their burning, by conveniently painting their half of the common corridor and leaving my side of the corridor with the same old layer of paint. It definitely does not take a scientist to deduce the extent to which there has been incense burning occurring along the common corridor.

This occured at Block 718 Woodlands Avenue 6, #04-644. Sembawang Town Council Housing & Development Board National Environment Agency (NEA) I implore you to take the just action that should have been taken far long ago about this.

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/sinchita.gaskarth/posts/1151566291587443

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/a...-hdb-corridor-town-council-police-refuse-take
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Neh Pig aka nick ChineseDog. Your neighbour 1 year burn a few time you complain. What about you and your filthy smelly family subjecting them daily to your repulsive body odour.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah Jamban said hes very proud of wat tat woman did. Jah Jamban very proud of his culture.
Bwahahahahh....

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too be fair the fire is quite big.. Could have burnt the flat down..N all these burning n offering should be some downstairs

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whats wrong with these retarded sinkie chinks?the stupid town council dunno for what go and put the large rectangle burning container right in front of the block next to the lift,now every week can breathe the retarded smoke and incense smell for hours and hours night and day.are sinkie chinks immune to the smoke and smell?

just look at this retarded shit i saw last year next to the fucking school compound.

7nDT8hd.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The RC member is actually burning paper for the wandering spirits in the neighbourhood. The writer should be grateful that no ghosts have disturbed his family... this is all down to the gracious generousity and public spiritness of his good RC member neighbour!

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apa logic?

When you burn hell money, you attract wandering roadside spirits.
Then they hang around your house. They then threaten you to burn more.... or else....

Wandering roadside spirits are not entities that are reasonable or moral......

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whats wrong with these retarded sinkie chinks?the stupid town council dunno for what go and put the large rectangle burning container right in front of the block next to the lift,now every week can breathe the retarded smoke and incense smell for hours and hours night and day.are sinkie chinks immune to the smoke and smell?

you're not supposed to look back at the fire according to chink superstition. if you do it means you have left something behind or longingly yearn for the past in life and the pastlife, just like lot's wife did looking back at burning g&s and became petrified into a pillar of salt. chinks have similar superstitions and legends to jews, no wonder they consider every cent earned or stolen very valuable. :p

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apa logic?

When you burn hell money, you attract wandering roadside spirits.
Then they hang around your house. They then threaten you to burn more.... or else....

Wandering roadside spirits are not entities that are reasonable or moral......

Only hungry ghosts will disturb the living. If they are full, they will sleep or go and watch the new Star wars movie

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you're not supposed to look back at the fire according to chink superstition. if you do it means you have left something behind or longingly yearn for the past in life and the pastlife, just like lot's wife did looking back at burning g&s and became petrified into a pillar of salt. chinks have similar superstitions and legends to jews, no wonder they consider every cent earned or stolen very valuable. :p

Tis one must ask Jah Jamban to double confirm. Cos Jamban told ev1 here he practise all chinese culture..including customs n traditions. Wonder if 1 day his hse kena burnt down. I bet he will be so proud tat he will cm here n cry baby boooo tat Malay or Indian touch his hse to ashes:rolleyes:

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
we complain about the haze from Indonesia but this haze caused by incense burning in our own backyard is hot potato. PAP will continue to kick this can down the road.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
we complain about the haze from Indonesia but this haze caused by incense burning in our own backyard is hot potato. PAP will continue to kick this can down the road.

Will Ah Neh be arrested for inciting religion and racial hatred /??