• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why Malays find their Muslim identity to be more salient than their "Malay" ancestry

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Malays find their Muslim identity to be more salient than their "Malay" ance

Chinese Muslim? U mean Admiral cheng ho.

U just need to google...all the answers are there. Didnt i told u i am no historian?:rolleyes:

With the advent of Islam, latter bring darkness to light. No more supertitious stuffs like offering this and tat. No praying to idols.

The chink and the Indian muslims brought Islam to the Malays, many m&ds like to talk as if Islam originated from m&d race. Indian people are very nice people and they brought 3 religions to the malays. You admitted you are not a historian but cannot admit muslim clerics are not historians.

Islam actually bought about darkness to south east asian races. The south east asian races reached their peak before Islam arrived, the golden age of the malay race was during the period of Raja Parameswara.

Islam bought about backwardness, superstitious beliefs and practices of Hudud, female sex organ mutilation, sharia laws, obsession with 72 virgins in heaven and terrorism.

Please don't deny muslims don't practice idolism, all of you idolised prophet muhammad but denied the history his true misdeeds.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why Malays find their Muslim identity to be more salient than their "Malay" ance

Duluxe, u asked to clarify on matters pertaing to my race culture or tradition. Tats y i replied to ur post. But now seems tat u have a hidden agenda. As religion is a sensitive topic. U can say wat u like abt my belief. Cos i do not wish to hurt or ridicule other beliefs like wat u just did.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Chinese Muslim? U mean Admiral cheng ho.

U just need to google...all the answers are there. Didnt i told u i am no historian?:rolleyes:

With the advent of Islam, latter bring darkness to light. No more supertitious stuffs like offering this and tat. No praying to idols.

I would like to know more of how Islam brought light to darkness. That is probably what you meant.

Are those cultures or peoples that reverted to Islam more advanced, enjoy better rights, better behaved, lower crime rate, longer life spans etc as compared to kafirs?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Duluxe, u asked to clarify on matters pertaing to my race culture or tradition. Tats y i replied to ur post. But now seems tat u have a hidden agenda. As religion is a sensitive topic. U can say wat u like abt my belief. Cos i do not wish to hurt or ridicule other beliefs like wat u just did.

His post is abrasive but you can't deny it contains some valid discussion points, especially this one:
Islam bought about backwardness, superstitious beliefs and practices of Hudud, female sex organ mutilation, sharia laws, obsession with 72 virgins in heaven and terrorism.

Why don't you try and rebut his post point-by-point?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The malay race put their faith in their leaders to handle all state matters. Its the leaders who screw the malays.
The japanese promised independence. Sent malays to japan for training. The chinese on the other hand,butchered the malays who did not want to become communists.

The MPAJA did not butcher malays because of their race after the war. They dealt retribution to all collaborators - chinese, indian or malay.

And the MCP did not target the Malays during the confrontation. All races got hit as long as they were working for the British (and later the Malaysian Federation). In fact, there were a number of Malays in the MCP who fought along side the chinese during the Emergency. It's just that the Malaysian government tries to paint the malayan communist movement now as a race war. And judging from your responses, it's working very well.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would like to know more of how Islam brought light to darkness. That is probably what you meant.

Are those cultures or peoples that reverted to Islam more advanced, enjoy better rights, better behaved, lower crime rate, longer life spans etc as compared to kafirs?

Probably the light he is talking about is the Islamic light that enabled the Malay race to embrace the superior Arabic way of life in religion, names, dressing codes, festivals and sexual practices.

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal

One sentence can summarise. It takes a idiotic stupid retarded religion like islam to control a idiotic stupid retarded race like m&ds. Fits like a tee.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His post is abrasive but you can't deny it contains some valid discussion points, especially this one:

Why don't you try and rebut his post point-by-point?

He can't cos it is not written in the Koran.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can you read the title of this thread again? Does it contain 'Muslim'? Nobody can discuss about m&d cultures and festivals without mentioning Islam. If you have honestly missed my earlier post on this, go back and read again. Islam is synonym to malay values, culture and heritage.

Everyone in the world knows very well muslims are extremely sensitive and insecure even on valid comments made on islam or koran.

Why do you think thousands of muslims turned out in Jarkata to protest over a small but valid comment made by Ahok? They are too free, no lah.

Last edited:

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

whoami missed to mention another great gift Islam brings to its converts, the gift of peace. Converts are zealot light beams and promoters of peace, kafirs are the trouble makers.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U very sure ALL CHINESE follow their culture proudly? Open ur eyes big big, dumb ass. I malas nak spoon feed u.

fuck u nigger m&d at least a significant percentage of Chinese have their own culture unliike m&ds like you nigger.

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal

fuck u nigger m&d at least a significant percentage of Chinese have their own culture unliike m&ds like you nigger.

Ohhh..I just have to ask the resident idiot this question. Let's see what dribble he comes out with.

We had LKY (bless his soul) talk about the superior Asian values (read : chink values)..but don't see much of that here. Unless you consider whinging and moaning as some of those values. Anyway.....

Sooooo..Jah, what exactly is this "own culture" that the Chinese mob have? (Folks..this might be a good one).

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

As for culture/tradition we still don our baju kebaya/kurong etc.

?

This photo shows young Malay girls in authentic sarong kebaya in the' 70 without the arabic headgears.

14484629_10153818637482073_5647316184300074944_n.jpg

Please read my thread on tudung, https://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?235213-How-Tudung-Hijab-is-killing-the-Malayu-Culture

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ohhh..I just have to ask the resident idiot this question. Let's see what dribble he comes out with.

We had LKY (bless his soul) talk about the superior Asian values (read : chink values)..but don't see much of that here. Unless you consider whinging and moaning as some of those values. Anyway.....

Sooooo..Jah, what exactly is this "own culture" that the Chinese mob have? (Folks..this might be a good one).

You don't know Chinese culture? :rolleyes: Then again a miscreant who pretends to be intelligent but fails miserably wouldn't have the means to grasp it even if i told you. Nothing surprising.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chinese culture is slowly being overtaken by modern norms. How many Chinese couples don their dynastic robes when they get married? How many Chinese families today bind their daughter's feet? It took us generations and foreign conquests with a great deal of suffering to change our customs. And we are still adapting to the changes in society. Do not bring us back to the dark ages.

Cheers!

You don't know Chinese culture? :rolleyes: Then again a miscreant who pretends to be intelligent but fails miserably wouldn't have the means to grasp it even if i told you. Nothing surprising.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Malay race is a confused lot. Without individuals who stand out uniquely in modern society, they have to rely on other "races" or "customs" to seek and attempt to forge an identity. Too bad they do not want to be seen as Indonesians, who have a rich and diverse indigenous culture. Islam is sort of being pushed into these nations, but it is up to the individual to accept, or at least determine how much Islam they want to assimilate into their lives. Every Indonnesian child at school is taught their history, their geographical patchwork and is aware of the different tribes in the 17k+ islands. By secondary school, the national idea of pancasila is well ingrained in their mindset, so they are a secular country, open to all religious practices. Just that islam is seen as a confrontation to "western" liberalism and may be deemed as anti-Asian, which may be the reason it is supported my many.
Coming back to the Malay identity, this is an area for the Malays community to address. Our Asianess reduces the level of ideological attack on its established norms, so it is going to be difficult for anyone or group to speak out against it, let alone demonstrate against it. Different viewpoints are seen as anti-establishment and may be interpreted as attempts to destabilise the ruling order.
Anyways, that's just my view. I do not care or bother about such social issues. Have other things to do. Like fishing, and picking up playing guitar again.

Cheers!

1. m&ds don't celebrate any festival that can link to their racial identity except Islamic holidays

2. m&d names are arabic names, incidentally more non-malay people like me are more curious to know their pre-islamic names and pre-islamic origin. Although the Iranians are muslims, they retain their persian names

3. Yes, more appropriate and concise to call them south east asia arabs rather than Malay

whoami, your comment will be the most salient here.

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal

Silly boy!

Can claim chinese have their own culture but that whoami chap doesn’t have one. When asked, you could only retort back with a “you don’t know chinese culture”?

Admit it ..you know jackshit about your own culture. Your outward behaviour of cultural superiority is a feeble attempt to hide your deep rooted insecurities. Whyleh....your indo maid bottle fed you when baby? Mummy never breast feed you?..tsk tsk.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Silly boy!

Can claim chinese have their own culture but that whoami chap doesn’t have one. When asked, you could only retort back with a “you don’t know chinese culture”?

Admit it ..you know jackshit about your own culture. Your outward behaviour of cultural superiority is a feeble attempt to hide your deep rooted insecurities. Whyleh....your indo maid bottle fed you when baby? Mummy never breast feed you?..tsk tsk.

ROFL at you not knowing Chinese culture when you live in SG. :rolleyes: it's everywhere in SG and yeah whoami being a m&d doesn't have his own m&d culture but some desert dwelling inhabitants culture from thousands of miles away. Unless you can tell me m&d culture with 0 islamic influence and who practices it. Go ahead tell me. Dumb m&d.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Malay race is a confused lot. Without individuals who stand out uniquely in modern society, they have to rely on other "races" or "customs" to seek and attempt to forge an identity. Too bad they do not want to be seen as Indonesians, who have a rich and diverse indigenous culture. Islam is sort of being pushed into these nations, but it is up to the individual to accept, or at least determine how much Islam they want to assimilate into their lives. Every Indonnesian child at school is taught their history, their geographical patchwork and is aware of the different tribes in the 17k+ islands. By secondary school, the national idea of pancasila is well ingrained in their mindset, so they are a secular country, open to all religious practices. Just that islam is seen as a confrontation to "western" liberalism and may be deemed as anti-Asian, which may be the reason it is supported my many.
Coming back to the Malay identity, this is an area for the Malays community to address. Our Asianess reduces the level of ideological attack on its established norms, so it is going to be difficult for anyone or group to speak out against it, let alone demonstrate against it. Different viewpoints are seen as anti-establishment and may be interpreted as attempts to destabilise the ruling order.
Anyways, that's just my view. I do not care or bother about such social issues. Have other things to do. Like fishing, and picking up playing guitar again.

Cheers!

There is a Chinese saying to that type of behavior which is to wear the butt skin of someone on their face hence some m&ds follow arabs some follow shit skins some follow western culture like punk etc.

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malay puki culture is to laze take drugs commit petty crimes molest funk own mothers and daughters and deliver pizza. Who say no culture.