• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why Malays find their Muslim identity to be more salient than their "Malay" ancestry

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. m&ds don't celebrate any festival that can link to their racial identity except Islamic holidays

2. m&d names are arabic names, incidentally more non-malay people like me are more curious to know their pre-islamic names and pre-islamic origin. Although the Iranians are muslims, they retain their persian names

3. Yes, more appropriate and concise to call them south east asia arabs rather than Malay

whoami, your comment will be the most salient here.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Malays find their Muslim identity to be more salient than their "Malay" ance

Sang Nila Utama

A pre-Islamic Malay name or a Indian influenced name?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why Malays find their Muslim identity to be more salient than their "Malay" ance

Sang Nila Utama

A pre-Islamic Malay name or a Indian influenced name?

The ones that retains their Malay identity are the Indonesians. They are still proud of their heritage not like the m&d in Malaysia. However, Indonesia is getting more and more fundamental Islamic also.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Because the Malay race is always easily bought. During ww2 they were bought over by the Japanese who promised them positions of power in the liberated colony. After that the donations from wahab Sunnis turned them hardcore conservative Muslims.

And most recently Chinese central government's cheque books turned them into very firm allies...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

whoami, your comment will be the most salient here.

I am no historian. Some "qualified" historians already answer ur queries.

Anyway do u rather have ur names as tan ah kow, tan ah ter? Or rather have tan ah heng, tan ah huat? Do u rather have ur descendants retain their ancestor names like tan ah ter, tan ah kow in the name of preserving ur tradition/culture?

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Brown muslims are all stewPIG terrorists .................

[video=youtube;IhGPlwty5jk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhGPlwty5jk[/video]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Because the Malay race is always easily bought. ..

And let's not forget how easily Raffles "acquired" Singapura from an out-of-favour sultan's son to elevate his authority. Seriously, I don't think the inhabitants in this part of the world knew the basics of capitalism like currency and commerce until 200 years ago. That explains why Malays can't manage wealth

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And let's not forget how easily Raffles "acquired" Singapura from an out-of-favour sultan's son to elevate his authority. Seriously, I don't think the inhabitants in this part of the world knew the basics of capitalism like currency and commerce until 200 years ago. That explains why Malays can't manage wealth

Count urself lucky. Sinkieland still survive. But things may be different years ahead if u know wat i mean. History tell us no one will forever be NO 1. When Dr M suggested bringing down the causeway, wat did GCT said?:rolleyes: Now when Najib bring in huge investments fm Middle finger, wat did the readers here said? Sounds to me latter macam sour grapes.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Count urself lucky. Sinkieland still survive. But thKings may be different years ahead if u know wat i mean. History tell us no one will forever be NO 1. When Dr M suggested bringing down the causeway, wat did GCT said?:rolleyes: Now when Najib bring in huge investments fm Middle finger, wat did the readers here said?

You are mistaken. I have never counted myself blessed to be born here as a 2nd generation sinkie. Although we have shared history with other races, it seems everyone is keen to go to bed with outsiders to destroy the collective cultural identify. When I'm in China I am not Chinese. When I'm in sinkapore i feel like it's not my home anymore even though I have spent most of my life here.

Sounds to me latter macam sour grapes.
You still don't get the picture do you? Your ancestral home will now work with mine to destroy sinkapore

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are mistaken. I have never counted myself blessed to be born here as a 2nd generation sinkie. Although we have shared history with other races, it seems everyone is keen to go to bed with outsiders to destroy the collective cultural identify. When I'm in China I am not Chinese. When I'm in sinkapore i feel like it's not my home anymore even though I have spent most of my life here.

But not everyone agree with u. Especially Jah Jamban. To him all Chinese are the same whether u r JiuHuKia Chinese, Prc, or Sinkie chinese.

You still don't get the picture do you? Your ancestral home will now work with mine to destroy sinkapore

But Sinkie grment always said if Msia prosper, Sinkieland also prosper rite?

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But not everyone agree with u. Especially Jah Jamban. To him all Chinese are the same whether u r JiuHuKia Chinese, Prc, or Sinkie chinese.

Why should everyone agree with me? Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and change it when they seem fit
But Sinkie grment always said if Msia prosper, Sinkieland also prosper rite?
Prosper at whose expense? And who do u think will benefit from the Chinese investment funds? Najip's wife or the average man on the street?

Please lah.. u are just reinforcing my point that Malays know shit about wealth

Last edited:

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/stop-aping-arabs-johor-sultan-tells-malays

Stop aping Arabs, Johor Sultan tells Malays

KUALA LUMPUR, March 24 ― The Johor Sultan has urged Malays to retain their culture instead of trying to imitate the Arabs, amid growing conservatism among Muslims and adoption of Arabic cultural practices.

Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Sultan Iskandar told English language daily The Star that he preferred using Malay words like “Hari Raya” and “buka puasa” (breaking fast), instead of the respective Arabic terms “Eid al-Fitr” and “iftar”.

“If there are some of you who wish to be an Arab and practise Arab culture, and do not wish to follow our Malay customs and traditions, that is up to you. I also welcome you to live in Saudi Arabia,” Sultan Ibrahim was quoted saying in the interview published today.

“That is your right but I believe there are Malays who are proud of the Malay culture. At least I am real and not a hypocrite and the people of Johor know who their ruler is,” the outspoken ruler added.

The Johor sultan’s remarks come amid the so-called “Arabisation” of Islam in Malaysia, where there is increasing pressure on Muslim women to wear a headscarf and to cover their “aurat”, as well as the growing popularity of Arabic terms and dress like the “jubah”.

Sultan Ibrahim also told The Star that he has shaken women’s hands, even as conservative Muslims frown upon members of the opposite sex shaking hands.

“Why must I change? You do not have to be fanatic. If they (women) are not sure, I ask if they want to shake my hands. If they do not want to shake my hands, there is no problem,” he was quoted saying.

The ruler also criticised the Batu Pahat Public Works Department (JKR) for putting up a notice that warned Muslim women that they would be hung by their hair in hell if they did not cover up.

State Public Works, Rural and Regional Development committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad reportedly said the notice would be taken down.

“Since when is JKR, whether at state or district level, being put in charge of religious matters? Their main job is to make sure the roads are properly maintained and not worry about women’s hair,” Sultan Ibrahim was quoted saying.

“It is not the business of government departments to worry about people’s dressing. Just do what you are paid to do and mind your own business,” he added.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ohor-sultan-tells-malays#sthash.pTiIMmz5.dpuf

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

What are their answers?

"qualified" historians = islamic clerics ??

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So the Johorean Mats wanna marry child brides ?
And kiss little boy's penis ? :p

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyway do u rather have ur names as tan ah kow, tan ah ter? Or rather have tan ah heng, tan ah huat? Do u rather have ur descendants retain their ancestor names like tan ah ter, tan ah kow in the name of preserving ur tradition/culture?
Chinese and indian names have much more combinations, what you know are peasant names. What you know look very limited and you don't even know the name of a famous chinese muslim?

Persians are next door neighbours with the arabs and they are able to preserve their cultures, festivals and names. They celebrate more persian originated festivals than islamic festivals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_festivals_in_Iran

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Count urself lucky. Sinkieland still survive. But things may be different years ahead if u know wat i mean. History tell us no one will forever be NO 1. When Dr M suggested bringing down the causeway, wat did GCT said?:rolleyes: Now when Najib bring in huge investments fm Middle finger, wat did the readers here said? Sounds to me latter macam sour grapes.

Can write in proper english you dumb m&d? Also what middle finger? China invests in your mudland country and you call it middle finger? Shows how ungrateful you m&ds are.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

fuck u la nigger what tan ah kow tan ah ter?

FYI putting ah in front of someone's name is just the local way of addressing someone informally mostly used amongst family members or the older generation. Real Chinese names are not tan ah kow or ah ter. In any case these are all Chinese names used by Chinese ppl unlike you wearing the backside skin of arabs on your faces and becoming fake arabs. At least Chinese ppl have their own culture and follow them proudly unlike m&ds like you. Now play your victim card. :rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No virgins no everlasting life in his eternal kingdom,no opportunity to exact revenge on those who oppress you and look down on you,what more u want?

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

whoami,

Malays today cannot live without Islam, without Islam the malayu race will lose their sense of identity.

To be a Malay you must be a Muslim.

The Malay race must be grateful to the great Indian Muslims for bringing Islam to them. Malays must allow Indian Muslim men to fcuk their minahs to show gtatitude.

IndiaDK

Last edited: