• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Deskjet printers and cartridges - triviality of the business thinking behind

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays, you probably can buy a rather good HP deskjet for $50 and to replace the cartridges, you will also probably fork out slightly more money. the idea behind this strategy is to get pple to buy their cheap printers and spend more on their ink cartridges for few cycles before you will get a new printer. who really change printer when the ink is used up? i doubt none so consumers ignorantly will continue to buy up their ink cartridges.

it's the same for mobile phone subscription which i find it morally incorrect! the business pple behind all these mobile subscriptions are ripping consumers off their arses. i reckon that's why there is a need for fourth telco.

Microsoft is also another greedy MNC trying to rip pple off by paying for their Office 365 subscription annually. it was not like that when bill gates was in charge.

now, i know why i look both ways before i cross the road cos' i have lost faith in humanity!

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never hear of people complaining about buying hundreds dollars of Xbox or PlayStation and later buys even more hundreds of dollars of games.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
pple got used to being exploited and they think nothing of spending more on expendables.

life was simpler when i was younger, e.g. you pay $100 for a typical machine and $10 for the machine's consumables. literally, MNCs trick pple into buying their cheap printers and rip them off with their cartridges.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
it's the same for mobile phone subscription which i find it morally incorrect! the business pple behind all these mobile subscriptions are ripping consumers off their arses. i reckon that's why there is a need for fourth telco.

now, i know why i look both ways before i cross the road cos' i have lost faith in humanity!

All the telcos owned directly or indirectly by govt. the reason the consumers are being ripped off is because they are an oligopoly. Their collusion among themselves is what is unjustly keeping prices high.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember getting a Canon ink jet printer 10+ years ago. I learn't my lesson & have avoided ink jets ever since :smile:
I now only use a laser printer & never have to worry about replacing ink cartridges. Each toner cartridge is good for a few thousand pages.

There are also companies who sell re-fillable ink cartridges. Companies like Epson have learn't that people are not stupid & they have started to sell cartridges that can be refilled.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember getting a Canon ink jet printer 10+ years ago. I learn't my lesson & have avoided ink jets ever since :smile:
I now only use a laser printer & never have to worry about replacing ink cartridges. Each toner cartridge is good for a few thousand pages.

There are also companies who sell re-fillable ink cartridges. Companies like Epson have learn't that people are not stupid & they have started to sell cartridges that can be refilled.

when you need to clean the printer when your print outs are smurged of the laser jet, it's going to be very troublesome compared to cleaning ink jet printers. i also doubt laserjet is as economical as inkjet ones. i used to own a mono laserjet many years ago before they introduce multi-function laserjet. your toner doesn't come cheap too.:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when you need to clean the printer when your print outs are smurged of the laser jet, it's going to be very troublesome compared to cleaning ink jet printers. i also doubt laserjet is as economical as inkjet ones. i used to own a mono laserjet many years ago before they introduce multi-function laserjet. your toner doesn't come cheap too.:smile:

Laserjets are used extensively in the offices I have worked in. There are the one designer as workhorses & the ones for the home. I own 2 of them a small HP laser printer & a Fuji Xerox all in one, which is is also a scanner, fax, & laser printer.

I've never had to cleaned my laser printers. The small unit is good for about 1,000 to 2,000 before I need to replace the toner. The Fuji is rated for around 4,000 pages. I had a large Fuji color laser printer but the mechanism is complicated & got jammed when I was moving, so I decided to get the simpler black & white printer.

They have always been more economical than ink jets. With inkjets you need to replace the different color inks & they do dry up often especially if you don't use them frequently.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laserjets are used extensively in the offices I have worked in. There are the one designer as workhorses & the ones for the home. I own 2 of them a small HP laser printer & a Fuji Xerox all in one, which is is also a scanner, fax, & laser printer.

I've never had to cleaned my laser printers. The small unit is good for about 1,000 to 2,000 before I need to replace the toner. The Fuji is rated for around 4,000 pages. I had a large Fuji color laser printer but the mechanism is complicated & got jammed when I was moving, so I decided to get the simpler black & white printer.

They have always been more economical than ink jets. With inkjets you need to replace the different color inks & they do dry up often especially if you don't use them frequently.

alright de...you got your experience and i see no point arguing further. i respect your views.:smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
interesting,i think xiaomi and huawei should go into telecom business instead,there is no money in manufacturing especially electronics the profit margins are really slim unless u are apple u can get idiots to pay u $1000 for a $300 phone or $4300 for a $1000 laptop.

this year iv probably spent at least $800 on singtel and starfuck 3g and mobile broadband charges and my state of the art red mi note 3 only cost $199 from lazada.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak krafty you dumb jamoke, dun like consoles buy pc; dun like ms office 365 use open office or pages in mac; dun like expensive ink cartridge get commercial printers. Everything you whine about there is alternative. That the beauty of free market and demo crazy. Who needs to print docs at home anyway? :rolleyes: