• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Private home prices to dip another 7% next year, rentals down 10%, huat ah!

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/business/private-home-prices-drop-3-7-next-year-ocbc-analysts

SINGAPORE — Private home prices in Singapore are forecast to dip by 3 to 7 per cent next year, while rents are expected to fall by 5 to 10 per cent, burdened by persistent housing oversupply and the imminent rise in interest rates, said OCBC Investment Research analysts Eli Lee and Andy Wong Teck Ching in a report published on Friday (Dec 9).

Although housing prices are seen continuing the decline that began since the second half of 2013, a severe drop is unlikely, as significant buyer demand is expected to come into the market at lower price points, while the Government may ease cooling measures if the economic outlook deteriorates rapidly, they added.

“We believe that the current physical oversupply situation would persist over 2017, which will continue to drive falling prices ahead. We entered the current oversupply situation in late 2013, and the islandwide vacancy rate rose 3.3 percentage points from 5.4 per cent as at end-2012 to 8.7 per cent as at end of the third quarter in 2016. Similarly, the rental index of the private residential sector islandwide dipped 10.6 per cent as at end of the third quarter in 2016 from its peak in the third quarter of 2013,” said the analysts.

Meanwhile, rising interest rates will add pressure on mortgagors and curtail marginal demand, with the US Federal Reserve set to raise its benchmark rate target next week for the first time in a year. Investors see a 95 per cent probability of a 25-basis point rate rise to between 0.50 and 0.75 per cent at the Fed’s Dec 13-14 meeting, indicated federal funds futures pricing on Friday.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3% to 7% dip for home prices and 5% to 10% dip for rentals? what kind of stupid ranges are these? if they are knowledgeable, they will be more specific. it shows they are not sure and anyhow humtum with wide ranges. anybody with no education in sg can predict a downturn in property values in vague useless ranges.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Federal Reserve? Or are we hearing Rothschild are disturbing the economy again. 7billion people in this world let Rothschild destroy their wealth.

Where is Trumpet who said will destroy this Rothschild family.

Again this evil British Empire never stop destroy the world.

http://www.todayonline.com/business/private-home-prices-drop-3-7-next-year-ocbc-analysts

SINGAPORE — Private home prices in Singapore are forecast to dip by 3 to 7 per cent next year, while rents are expected to fall by 5 to 10 per cent, burdened by persistent housing oversupply and the imminent rise in interest rates, said OCBC Investment Research analysts Eli Lee and Andy Wong Teck Ching in a report published on Friday (Dec 9).

Although housing prices are seen continuing the decline that began since the second half of 2013, a severe drop is unlikely, as significant buyer demand is expected to come into the market at lower price points, while the Government may ease cooling measures if the economic outlook deteriorates rapidly, they added.

“We believe that the current physical oversupply situation would persist over 2017, which will continue to drive falling prices ahead. We entered the current oversupply situation in late 2013, and the islandwide vacancy rate rose 3.3 percentage points from 5.4 per cent as at end-2012 to 8.7 per cent as at end of the third quarter in 2016. Similarly, the rental index of the private residential sector islandwide dipped 10.6 per cent as at end of the third quarter in 2016 from its peak in the third quarter of 2013,” said the analysts.

Meanwhile, rising interest rates will add pressure on mortgagors and curtail marginal demand, with the US Federal Reserve set to raise its benchmark rate target next week for the first time in a year. Investors see a 95 per cent probability of a 25-basis point rate rise to between 0.50 and 0.75 per cent at the Fed’s Dec 13-14 meeting, indicated federal funds futures pricing on Friday.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rothschild family wealth also come from opium drug trafficking doing big in China.

British Empire modern USA was built from drug trafficking opium trade in China.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One cannot just see the percentage, in terms of absolute sum it is greater $$ saving that sales price falls 7% while rental drops 10%.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt that rent has fallen just by 10%. There is a recession going on. The unit next to mine has been vacant for a few months now.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like we couldnt see the train wreck coming,they have been desperately building those condos nonstop near Tan jong Rhu and mountbatten and cramming people in for the past 8 years like they are afraid the gravy train is going to run out.And it finally did.thank god we are not a oil producing nation like norway.PAP cant see past their own greed.

Hope this godforsaken island sink into the sea.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt that rent has fallen just by 10%. There is a recession going on. The unit next to mine has been vacant for a few months now.

25% is more like it….yet the asshole agents keep talking things up to safeguard their commissions….there are too many of these bottom feeders around anyway…they need culling.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
25% is more like it….yet the asshole agents keep talking things up to safeguard their commissions….there are too many of these bottom feeders around anyway…they need culling.

Best to fall 50% for both and that will be fantastic $$$$ savings and great time to buy!

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A readjustment of 65-75% is just about right. It would serve the purpose of wealth destruction of the poor to guarantee no issues of wealth transfer among the poor and reflect the true Singapore economy that was inflated during the reign of the clown to make him look good. Things would have been better if it were kept status quo. But you know his maths like shit wan. Degree and accolades all can buy wan.

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weak demand in leasing market

From 2009 to 2013, she bought four apartments and two retail shop spaces.

The 45-year-old property investor who wanted to be known as Michelle aimed to capitalise on the property boom.

Today, one shop space sits empty. The other five properties, while rented out, do not command enough to account for the property loans she is servicing for all six properties.

Michelle's predicament is what the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is sounding a note of caution on.

In its Financial Stability Review released last week, it warned of emerging risks in property. Prolonged weak growth, low interest rates and rising political risks have raised concerns about global financial stability.

MAS noted: "In particular, before investing in property, investors should be aware that rising vacancy rates, declining rentals and impending interest rate increases mean that they may not always be able to rely on rental income to service their investment property loans."

Michelle, who works in the sales industry and earns $20,000 a month, would know.

With her rental income not enough to cover her loans, she has been paying the shortfall out of her own pocket.

She told The New Paper last Thursday: "I really have to work very hard to close more deals, so that I can pay off the loans. If I can get past these two years, it should be okay. I can manage as long as I don't splurge on anything."

Due to the market situation, Michelle, who is single and lives in a condominium, had to slash the rent for her tenants with expiring lease contracts to retain them.

For instance, her fully furnished shoebox apartment at RV Edge, off River Valley Road, used to fetch $3,200 a month in 2013. This year, she reduced the rent by close to 20 per cent in line with the market rate.

Michelle's situation is common today due to the weak demand in the leasing market, resulting in what R'ST Research director Ong Kah Seng called a tenant's market.

It means cost-conscious tenants have more choices and are less likely to proceed with something that runs in excess of their budget.

"It used to be that investors would be able to earn a certain percentage a month from their rental income, what we call rental yield. In today's context, it's very much about offsetting mortgage repayments on a monthly basis.

"These days, there is a risk of properties running vacant as there are more choices for tenants," said Mr Ong.

Property investment blogger Vina Ip added that demand has slowed because there are fewer expatriates working here now - a result of the government's tightening of employment pass approvals since 2013.

Coupled with the softer demand is a surge in new private residential completions in the past two years, Mr Ong said.

He predicts a slight improvement in the leasing market demand next year as new completions will be moderated.

Figures from the Urban Redevelopment Authority show that 16,167 new units are expected to be completed next year, down from 27,498 expected to be completed at the end of the year.

"I won't expect demand to pick up or rentals to actually improve, but I have high hopes that the market will stabilise, or not worsen as much as compared to this and last year," he said.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/weak-demand-leasing-market

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing new. More than a decade ago the rental market was in doldrums too with rental below mortgage and i remember at that time even got article saying it's better to rent than to buy. It's good to go back to square one.

Weak demand in leasing market

From 2009 to 2013, she bought four apartments and two retail shop spaces.

The 45-year-old property investor who wanted to be known as Michelle aimed to capitalise on the property boom.

Today, one shop space sits empty. The other five properties, while rented out, do not command enough to account for the property loans she is servicing for all six properties.

Michelle's predicament is what the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is sounding a note of caution on.

In its Financial Stability Review released last week, it warned of emerging risks in property. Prolonged weak growth, low interest rates and rising political risks have raised concerns about global financial stability.

MAS noted: "In particular, before investing in property, investors should be aware that rising vacancy rates, declining rentals and impending interest rate increases mean that they may not always be able to rely on rental income to service their investment property loans."

Michelle, who works in the sales industry and earns $20,000 a month, would know.

With her rental income not enough to cover her loans, she has been paying the shortfall out of her own pocket.

She told The New Paper last Thursday: "I really have to work very hard to close more deals, so that I can pay off the loans. If I can get past these two years, it should be okay. I can manage as long as I don't splurge on anything."

Due to the market situation, Michelle, who is single and lives in a condominium, had to slash the rent for her tenants with expiring lease contracts to retain them.

For instance, her fully furnished shoebox apartment at RV Edge, off River Valley Road, used to fetch $3,200 a month in 2013. This year, she reduced the rent by close to 20 per cent in line with the market rate.

Michelle's situation is common today due to the weak demand in the leasing market, resulting in what R'ST Research director Ong Kah Seng called a tenant's market.

It means cost-conscious tenants have more choices and are less likely to proceed with something that runs in excess of their budget.

"It used to be that investors would be able to earn a certain percentage a month from their rental income, what we call rental yield. In today's context, it's very much about offsetting mortgage repayments on a monthly basis.

"These days, there is a risk of properties running vacant as there are more choices for tenants," said Mr Ong.

Property investment blogger Vina Ip added that demand has slowed because there are fewer expatriates working here now - a result of the government's tightening of employment pass approvals since 2013.

Coupled with the softer demand is a surge in new private residential completions in the past two years, Mr Ong said.

He predicts a slight improvement in the leasing market demand next year as new completions will be moderated.

Figures from the Urban Redevelopment Authority show that 16,167 new units are expected to be completed next year, down from 27,498 expected to be completed at the end of the year.

"I won't expect demand to pick up or rentals to actually improve, but I have high hopes that the market will stabilise, or not worsen as much as compared to this and last year," he said.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/weak-demand-leasing-market

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
my tenant in toa payoh is moving out end of the month. my other friend is looking for tenant in chinatown. my property agent also advertising on facebook looking for tenant. looks like my social circle all looking desperately for tenant and is a tell tale sign that all is no good and rental market is berri bad in s'pore.

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
my tenant in toa payoh is moving out end of the month. my other friend is looking for tenant in chinatown. my property agent also advertising on facebook looking for tenant. looks like my social circle all looking desperately for tenant and is a tell tale sign that all is no good and rental market is berri bad in s'pore.

Cut rental - better to cover part of the mortgage than nothing at all. You still have to pay maintenance even if unit is vacant.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some Sporeans rely on these rentals for their retirement income. I wonder what they are going to do now:confused:

Many are probably from the 70% who supported the PAP. I hope they learn that you can't put all your eggs in one basket. They have given LKY to much power. Now it is hard to get rid of his son.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some Sporeans rely on these rentals for their retirement income. I wonder what they are going to do now:confused:

Many are probably from the 70% who supported the PAP. I hope they learn that you can't put all your eggs in one basket. They have given LKY to much power. Now it is hard to get rid of his son.

They should go back and live in their HDB. HDB are public flats meant for living not investment. This will set PAP back in the right path too.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should go back and live in their HDB. HDB are public flats meant for living not investment. This will set PAP back in the right path too.

You smoking what har? CPF has been used for punting and to burn money overseas so as to keep wealth levels of the poor low.Whose pockets the money flowed into is the more interesting story.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You smoking what har? CPF has been used for punting and to burn money overseas so as to keep wealth levels of the poor low.Whose pockets the money flowed into is the more interesting story.

Ya this will force govt to revise CPF monthly payout higher for retirement needs. At the same time will correct the greediness of HDB sinkies who think they are entitled to pay little for their flats and yet get high rental.