• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 37% increase in medical insurance premiums and not a squek

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This story was hidden in TNP - nobody seems to have made a fuss but 37% increase in premiums is astronomical and more shocking is the rationale - because claims have increased? So whats the point of buying medical insurance if you are not meant to claim unless you need it? As previously discussed in this forum, the whole medical system here is truly buggered.

Insurers have started raising premiums for Integrated Shield hospitalisation plans (IPs) by as much as 37 per cent.

This move will hit many people given that around 66 per cent of the population have such policies.

The increases so far apply only to IPs that cover private hospitals.

However, the market talk is that NTUC Income's premium increase may not be confined to the highest-class IPs as its claims experience appears to be broad-based.

The three insurers that have raised premiums - AIA, Aviva and Prudential - say the hikes are necessary to make it commercially viable for them to continue offering the cover.

IP premiums were last revised in early 2013, but claims have shot up significantly since then.

The average IP claims incidence rate - the rate at which policyholders make valid claims on their insurance plans - has been escalating at about 9 per cent a year.

Larger medical bills, greater healthcare consumption and the increased use of newer and costlier procedures have sparked the increase in medical costs - and IP claims.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/views/more-needs-be-done-rein-health-insurance-costs

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
70% are happy with the increase. You may leave this utopia island if you can't afford it. Nobody is stopping you!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
70% are happy with the increase. You may leave this utopia island if you can't afford it. Nobody is stopping you!

Can see or not, "greater healthcare consumption". Obviously Yao Siew sinkies claim and claim for the smallest thing chow Keng for MC! :mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I go to see a doctor, it is the doctor who decides what kind of treatment I get.

So who are making all the claims, the patient or the doctors :confused: I think the medical profession has too many doctors that try to exploit the ignorant patients.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let the medical schools produce more doctors...... let them practice anywhere and everywhere - homes, schools, outcall......

Aim to cut costs.....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh it's OK recently I went to stay in class A for minor surgery. Insurance premiums increase is no $$ loss for me hahahahah.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In OECD,when taxes exceed 45% spending will grind to a halt. We are at >50%. But people continue to spend

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This story was hidden in TNP - nobody seems to have made a fuss but 37% increase in premiums is astronomical and more shocking is the rationale - because claims have increased? So whats the point of buying medical insurance if you are not meant to claim unless you need it? As previously discussed in this forum, the whole medical system here is truly buggered.

Insurers have started raising premiums for Integrated Shield hospitalisation plans (IPs) by as much as 37 per cent.

This move will hit many people given that around 66 per cent of the population have such policies.

The increases so far apply only to IPs that cover private hospitals.

However, the market talk is that NTUC Income's premium increase may not be confined to the highest-class IPs as its claims experience appears to be broad-based.

The three insurers that have raised premiums - AIA, Aviva and Prudential - say the hikes are necessary to make it commercially viable for them to continue offering the cover.

IP premiums were last revised in early 2013, but claims have shot up significantly since then.

The average IP claims incidence rate - the rate at which policyholders make valid claims on their insurance plans - has been escalating at about 9 per cent a year.

Larger medical bills, greater healthcare consumption and the increased use of newer and costlier procedures have sparked the increase in medical costs - and IP claims.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/views/more-needs-be-done-rein-health-insurance-costs

2.5 million FTs with their 3rd world diseases are driving up the cost of health care in singapore.

balapundek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh it's OK recently I went to stay in class A for minor surgery. Insurance premiums increase is no $$ loss for me hahahahah.

I am thinking you surgery to remove your brain is it? Like that of course is minor surgery since your brain so small. Only day surgery yes?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
long time already that medicines is cheaper in JB than those sold by govt hospital n polyclinics............ how come?
just simple profiteering,,,,,,,,,,, govt does it, now insurance jump in
petrol in JB 80 cents why here so expensive? now malusia oso hantam sg motorist by incr VEP to 20 RM when Borneo and Thailand borders much lower...... their reasoning is sg govt can hantam, so can we........

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking you surgery to remove your brain is it? Like that of course is minor surgery since your brain so small. Only day surgery yes?

Remove my small brain? Looks like you had surgery to remove your small heart. And it must have been black.