• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singaporeans First

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we must let Singaporeans know that a vote for the pap is a vote for foreigners first. A vote for pap is also a vote for scholarship for a foreign child. If he votes for pap, next time dont complain if his son's job is given to a foreigner. The situation is bad now, but if Singaporeans continue to vote for the pap, the situation will get worse.

So vote for Singaporeans, vote out the pap
To retain control of the Sinkie government until the end of the world, the PAP only needs to cater to the majority, which I've explained before:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?235838-This-Is-Terrible-and-Horrible&p=2515882#post2515882
I dare say that at both GE2011 and GE2015, at least roughly 45% of the valid votes were from women, and at least another roughly 15% from male civil/public servants (including regulars in the SAF and Police), male employees of GLCs, and old men in their 60s and 70s.

And for GE2015, the remaining 10% came from new citizens, ignorant/delusional/cowardly/greedy male Sinkie first-time voters in their 20s, and finally at least 100,000 (at least 4% of the eligible voters) male voters who voted for some opposition party at GE2011 but flipped and voted for the PAP at GE2015:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?216301-VALID-Opposition-votes-for-GE2011-was-803-482-but-654-289-(ex-TP-GRC)-for-GE2015
so you're just wasting your time and energy preaching, "vote out the PAP"; especially here at sammyboy.com, where the majority of members and guests are already anti-PAP voters. :wink:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
To retain control of the Sinkie government until the end of the world, the PAP only needs to cater to the majority, which I've explained before:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?235838-This-Is-Terrible-and-Horrible&p=2515882#post2515882

so you're just wasting your time and energy preaching, "vote out the PAP"; especially here at sammyboy.com, where the majority of members and guests are already anti-PAP voters. :wink:

Why are you trying to discourage me to canvas against the pap?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why are you trying to discourage me to canvas against the pap?

You and papsmearer don't get it do you? Sure canvas all you want. But coming here to canvas is like going to a Scientology forum and asking people to convert to Scientology.

People who go to the Scientology forum are probably already scientologists and people who are not a scoentologists will not visit the Scientology forum.

It is like going to Anfield and asking people to support Liverpool football club instead of Manchester United. And thinking I am doing a great service to canvas for more support for LFC.

You guys get it? Oh well......sinkies.....

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When some people post here, the audience is not really sammyboy forummers.

In the 2015 GE, the group of pundits who were going around spreading rumours that the opposition was going to make big gains also posted in sammyboy forum. They used the account "mahjojohn". Through these postings, they steered people into believing that multiple GRCs and SMCs would fall and PAP would crater to 50% vote share.

The audience was not SBF. The audience was the larger population of uncertain or undecided voters who could potentially be swayed by such a rumour. When people get wind of such rumours swirling around, they go online to check it out, and one key stop is SBF, besides obvious social media sites like Facebook.

SBF was used as a platform to scare undecided voters into the PAP camp.

ckmpd's thread was reposted on Facebook recently. So you can't claim the content here is not read by some larger audience. You don't know who it will impact. That's why people continue to post here, because of this potentiality. There's also the lure of newcomers who may not share the entrenched belief system of the oldies here.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
When some people post here, the audience is not really sammyboy forummers.

In the 2015 GE, the group of pundits who were going around spreading rumours that the opposition was going to make big gains also posted in sammyboy forum. They used the account "mahjojohn". Through these postings, they steered people into believing that multiple GRCs and SMCs would fall and PAP would crater to 50% vote share.

The audience was not SBF. The audience was the larger population of uncertain or undecided voters who could potentially be swayed by such a rumour. When people get wind of such rumours swirling around, they go online to check it out, and one key stop is SBF, besides obvious social media sites like Facebook.

SBF was used as a platform to scare undecided voters into the PAP camp.

ckmpd's thread was reposted on Facebook recently. So you can't claim the content here is not read by some larger audience. You don't know who it will impact. That's why people continue to post here, because of this potentiality. There's also the lure of newcomers who may not share the entrenched belief system of the oldies here.

Good point. However, going by mahjojohn's simple strategy during the 2015 GE it shows the true deep down mindset of the people of Singapore. They are so fearful of the PAP losing power.

The whole notion of trying to "show Singaporeans the light by posting on SBF" has been around for almost 2 decades now? What has it achieved? Nothing.

If anything the real progress by the opposition has been made when they attracted credible candidates. However I do not see that trend improving. The capable people want to have less to do with politics directly and reap their rewards and high salaries while they can. Others migrate.

I believe the true reason is because when people analyze carefully what they are fighting for (and I mean real sacrifice) they realize Singapore is just a small tiny dot island on the map, with no resources whatsoever besides paper money, and a bunch of hopeless citizens who love to kpkb and wait for someone else to fix their problems. If it isn't fixed they blame the guy who offered to come help. Bunch of A-holes.

jw5

Loyal
Good point. However, going by mahjojohn's simple strategy during the 2015 GE it shows the true deep down mindset of the people of Singapore. They are so fearful of the PAP losing power.

The whole notion of trying to "show Singaporeans the light by posting on SBF" has been around for almost 2 decades now? What has it achieved? Nothing.

If anything the real progress by the opposition has been made when they attracted credible candidates. However I do not see that trend improving. The capable people want to have less to do with politics directly and reap their rewards and high salaries while they can. Others migrate.

I believe the true reason is because when people analyze carefully what they are fighting for (and I mean real sacrifice) they realize Singapore is just a small tiny dot island on the map, with no resources whatsoever besides paper money, and a bunch of hopeless citizens who love to kpkb and wait for someone else to fix their problems. If it isn't fixed they blame the guy who offered to come help. Bunch of A-holes.

You are also an A hole. And a moron. :biggrin:

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st of all, s'pore isn't a great country like america, canada or even australia. the need for immigrants is thus justified.