• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat FT apunehs get free Starbuck food, Sinkies get free PAP shit, who U voted for?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]Foreign workers get to enjoy unsold Starbucks snacks[/h]
Ms Dipa Swaminathan distributing some of the food items from Starbucks outlets to foreign workers (from left) Satish Kumar, 30; Sundara Murthy, 26; Vijay Kumar, 30; and Ganeshan Siva Kumar, 29.ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

Lawyer teams up with 10 of the coffee chain's outlets in food redistribution programme
Foreign worker Murugan Ganeshan was pruning plants outside Capitol Tower in the punishing 4pm heat two Saturdays ago when a woman approached him.
The Indian national was initially puzzled.

Then as lawyer Dipa Swaminathan, 44, explained that she was giving him free food from coffee chain Starbucks, he broke into a smile.
Mr Murugan, 46, who has been in Singapore for seven years, said he was delighted by her thoughtful gesture.

While most Singaporeans have Saturdays free, most foreign workers continue toiling, constructing buildings and fixing roads.
To bring them a little joy, Ms Swaminathan has teamed up with 10 Starbucks outlets to give away unsold food items to migrant workers in the stores' vicinity.
"As you know, they would never be able to go into Starbucks and get a drink or muffin. What better thing to do than to take perfectly good food destined for the bin and to give them a snack," said the Singapore permanent resident.
This food redistribution project started by chance in May, when Ms Swaminathan visited Starbucks' Singapore Polytechnic outlet to buy coffee for parents of players on her son's tennis team.
"I saw they had a whole container full of pastries and I knew that they close at 4pm on Saturdays. So I asked if they were throwing away all the food and if they could give it to me instead and I'll go pass it to migrant workers," she said.
She paid for her coffee, drove out, and passed the pastries to workers mending the road. A Facebook post she put up then went viral.
"Some people thought it was a donation initiated by Starbucks and they were saying they will start patronising Starbucks because it is doing such a good thing," said Ms Swaminathan, assistant general counsel at Singtel.
"Using that, I wrote to Starbucks - including their worldwide CEO - and said, 'You've got so much good publicity out of this, why not consider doing it in Singapore?' "
So from June, the Singapore Polytechnic outlet started passing the unsold food to the lawyer. And by October, the project had expanded to 10 Starbucks outlets in schools or in the business district - which are also stores that close earlier on Saturdays.
Through Facebook, Ms Swaminathan has mobilised a group of 10 to 15 volunteers to help her collect food from the various outlets each week, and later distribute it to workers nearby.
She estimated that each outlet passed the volunteers 20 to 30 items every week.
Each week, the food goes out at random to workers nearby.
"Literally within minutes, it's donated because there are migrant workers everywhere in Singapore," she said, adding that the random distribution allows volunteers to reach different groups of workers instead of heading to the same work sites each week.
Distributing the food immediately also means the pastry will not go bad before it reaches the workers.
In March, 7,600 Starbucks stores in the United States started donating ready-to-eat meals to food banks.
The coffee chain said it is thinking about how to extend this programme to Singapore.
"We are also encouraged that we have customers, like Dipa, who are passionate about these causes as well," said a Starbucks spokesman.
Ms Swaminathan has been helping migrant workers through several projects.
Each Deepavali, she collects money from friends to buy and distribute phone cards to foreign workers in Little India so they can call home.
She also collects raincoat donations for foreign workers who have to work through bad weather.
Mr Murugan said: "Usually, people here don't notice us and we don't receive goodies.
"But now, I'm happy to know there are (people) who care about us and appreciate our work."
• For more information on Ms Swaminathan's work with migrant workers, visit itsrainingraincoats on Facebook.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies get to taste the glorious bittersweet taste of Juche and our glorious meritorius great leader!!!!!and the invigorating feeling of our concentration labour camps!!!!!

[video=youtube;rA1LFD6xfi4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA1LFD6xfi4[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these banglas are agreed contractual paid slaves,why are u feeling sorry for them?if really want to help 400,000 of banglas why not fight for minimum wage in this country??

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
better yet lets go one step furher,implement 10% tax on all condos and landed property built to help these bangras out and give them welfare,and implement 10 percent tax on the rich to help the poor in singapore ok boh?like that the cardboard picking aunties and the toilet cleaners and dish washers wont feel left out.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vat a goot idea. Nehs are known to be cheapo. Bet she pilfered some of the free pastries before passing them on to the workers. Quite inappropriate of the staff to allow a third party to handle such things. I think we need to investigate how much of the pastry goes to foreign workers. :mad:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think a lot of poor sinkies would love to have some starbuck freebies. This bitch lawyer Deeper Swami is a corporate lawyer working for Singtel. But she is originally from Bangalore India. That is why this bitch keeps doing charity work for Indians from India, but do nothing for local sinkies. Why a GLC like SIngtel must hire FT lawyers, I have no idea.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next in the news would be, Starbucks desi distributor gets raped while distributing expired food to ah nehs. 1 waffles for 1 black muffin free.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
better yet lets go one step furher,implement 10% tax on all condos and landed property built to help these bangras out and give them welfare,and implement 10 percent tax on the rich to help the poor in singapore ok boh?like that the cardboard picking aunties and the toilet cleaners and dish washers wont feel left out.

Taxes only help the PAP & their cronies. All we get are GST credits & CPF top ups that we cannot touch.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Notice something both the workers and lawyer are the same race and nationality. How come when it comes to construction workers and giving them free stuff it always has to be shit skins? What about helping tiong workers

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Notice something both the workers and lawyer are the same race and nationality. How come when it comes to construction workers and giving them free stuff it always has to be shit skins? What about helping tiong workers

The PAP always like to say that we are an integrated society with many races and religions living in harmony. They spend millions on integrating FTs. Then you have this lawyer Deeper Swami who does charity work only for people of her own race and culture and same country. She is nothing more then a rascist. Similar to you.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Starbuck giving away food to Indian workers-how about those from Myanmar, Thailand, PRC, ect2

Best part is many local uncle(some having served NS?) and aunties carrying cardboard (for exercise) also never eat in Starbuck before-did TCJ give them free food?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP always like to say that we are an integrated society with many races and religions living in harmony. They spend millions on integrating FTs. Then you have this lawyer Deeper Swami who does charity work only for people of her own race and culture and same country. She is nothing more then a rascist. Similar to you.
fuck off nigger now you sound like pig face fat fuck btw before you tell me anything go lecture syed putra, sam leong etc.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why Starbuck giving away food to Indian workers-how about those from Myanmar, Thailand, PRC, ect2

Best part is many local uncle(some having served NS?) and aunties carrying cardboard (for exercise) also never eat in Starbuck before-did TCJ give them free food?

These aunties and uncles would love to eat free Starbucks too. But apparently, this FT lawyer making money in zikapore off a GLC has already chop all the free food.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
This filthy desi will steal some of the loot to feed her filthy family first and sell some to her unsuspecting neighbours, take out all the meat then pass the crumbs to the bangala in return for a fuck.

Why would a shitskin desi be nice without an agenda.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come Singtel need to hire FT pundek lawyer??? There are so many LT lawyers here........... WTF

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think a lot of poor sinkies would love to have some starbuck freebies. This bitch lawyer Deeper Swami is a corporate lawyer working for Singtel. But she is originally from Bangalore India. That is why this bitch keeps doing charity work for Indians from India, but do nothing for local sinkies. Why a GLC like SIngtel must hire FT lawyers, I have no idea.

There are very few countries which do not insist that corporations or employers must hire locals first, before they hire foreigners.
During my initial years, it was very challenging to obtain and renew my annual work VISA is Toronto.
At my firm, I was the only non-Canadian who stayed on to qualify, other than one from Bahamas, and the one and only exchange student a year.