• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Today alone, 2 Ang Moh Govts PMs quited job NZ & Italy

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://news.vice.com/story/new-zealands-popular-prime-minister-resigns-out-of-nowhere

“I have left nothing in the tank”

New Zealand's popular prime minister resigns out of nowhere
New Zealand’s popular prime minister resigns out of nowhere

By Tim Hume on Dec 5, 2016

New Zealand’s John Key was the second prime minister in the space of a news cycle to announce his plans to resign, not long after his Italian counterpart Matteo Renzi said he too was stepping down.

But unlike Renzi, who had said he would quit if the Italian public voted “no” in Sunday’s referendum on constitutional reform, Key faced no such challenge to his leadership.

With no scandals engulfing his premiership, the announcement at his weekly press conference Monday landed as a bombshell.

“This has been the hardest decision I’ve ever made and I don’t know what I’ll do next,” said the 55-year-old. “But for me this feels the right time to go.”

Eight years after he took the country’s top job, Key’s center-right National Party government is still riding high in polls — with approval ratings close to 50 percent — and looking a strong bet to win a fourth three-year term in next year’s general elections.

He said the decision was motivated by a sense that the time was right to leave on his own terms. “A lot of leaders stay at the top too long,” he told reporters.

He also spoke of the pressures faced by his family, saying children Stephie and Max, both in their early 20s, had been subjected to “extraordinary levels of intrusion.” Stephie, a visual artist whose work features near-naked photographs of herself, and Max, a DJ, have both been a source of intrigue for New Zealand’s media and subject to scrutiny on social media.

Key’s background as a wealthy international currency trader made him an unlikely candidate to be a leader in egalitarian New Zealand. But he enjoyed a meteoric rise since leaving the world of finance to enter politics in 2002, becoming leader of the National Party — then in opposition — in 2006, before leading them into power in 2008.

Key’s knack for unnecessarily placing himself in awkward situations in front of the media gave plenty of fodder to his critics. He planked, he Gangnam Styled. He sashayed down a catwalk. He surprised reporters at a press conference by over-sharing news of his vasectomy. Perhaps the biggest political crisis he faced personally was when an Auckland waitress revealed last year that he had a habit of jokingly pulling her ponytail every time he entered her cafe, prompting her to complain.

But on the whole, these quirks seemed only to endear him to middle New Zealand, which warmed to his easygoing nature and lack of pretension. Key’s “dorky dad” persona was a useful political asset for a millionaire currency trader-turned politician.

His eight years in power provided a period of stability as the country negotiated the global financial crisis and a number of devastating earthquakes — in marked contrast to neighboring Australia, which saw four people lead the country during the same period.

Throughout, Key proved a populist while eschewing conservative morality politics, supporting gay marriage and rejecting his predecessor’s attempt to play divisive, race-based politics by stirring up white grievance against the Maori population.

His shock departure now makes next year’s election into a much more interesting proposition. Key has said he supports his deputy prime minister and Finance Minister, Bill English, to succeed him. But the dour politician previously led the party to a crashing defeat 14 years ago, and lacks Key’s unlikely charisma.

Cover: ASSOCIATED PRESS

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why can't Gay Loong say the same thing? I have nothing left in the tank...............the PRC has taken all my tanks. LOL.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i bet arse loong feels the same too....i mean his entire prime ministerialship have been a struggle,one cock up after another a neverending mockery,people keep telling him he cant fill his father's shoes,hes been living under his lao peh's shadow all his life,now not only does he realise many singaporeans disrespect him,even China and US and his friend najib disrespect him as well.i bet that tank is feeling pretty empty by now.....why is he still clinging on to power?should have gave up before 2015 election.he lived to see his nemesis destroyed but what is it worth?he too will go to his grave a broken man.

he and chee soo juan should make a movie together "no country for old men singapore version" two bitter nemesis fighting to a thread of their lives,dragging their bloodied face limp rag doll bodies with broken arm across the gravel,grasping for the gun to finish

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
H64ElyE.jpg

What are you waiting for?? IMBECILE CAOCHEEBYE!