• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PLA Colonel laughing at SAF Terrex technology 17 years behind PRC junks!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the summary.

This is all very interesting, but honestly based on your description, it doesn't really sound particularly cutting edge to me. I mean colored screens, showing positioning of friendly/enemy units, linking to UAV videos and receiving orders securely sound pretty modern, but the key question which I am struggling to understand is "what is so unique about it?" I have been hearing similar technologies around for quite some time. Maybe the integration done by the Terrex is good enough for export to western markets, but is it really that big of a deal?

If it's really that revolutionary, why is the Terrex not a global arms success or at least armed forces all around the way actively lobbying to procure? To date besides Singapore, it seems only the USMC (not the most sophisticated and technologically advanced branch in US service) is considering it (not yet awarded). I would have thought something that is sophisticated enough for PRC to want to invest in all the resources and engineering talent to reverse engineer should be pretty well known in the arms industry and able to change their military in a meaningful way. That was not the impression I was getting based on my limited google research. In fact the Terrex has a very limited online footprint in industry and arms enthusiast sites.

Very difficult for ST to break into. Countries using the Russian system will stick to the Russian where as countries using the western weapons will likely buy from reputable western suppliers. Countries that are poor will buy from China. So where does ST stands in the market segment?

This is why stakes are very high for STK to succeed in the usmc project for it greatly raise their profile in the world's arm market. Other users will take a second look at STK products.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fitting after all we are trying to be the next north korea superpower.

our hardware may be outdated but our enemies fear us because of our indomitable spirit and heartware!!!!!our goosesteps march in uniform and solidarity and draws the cheers of millions,our salute points to hitler's mustachio.north korea....i mean syngalpohru is best korea!!!!!gyeol san gui!!!!!Lee Kuan Yew!!!!Gyeol san gui!!!!Lee kuan yew!!!!!

[video=youtube;XQXHIOSHTCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQXHIOSHTCo&index=5&list=FLNvi2EPLDsmB9HCDEKczgzA[/video]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thanks for the summary.

This is all very interesting, but honestly based on your description, it doesn't really sound particularly cutting edge to me. I mean colored screens, showing positioning of friendly/enemy units, linking to UAV videos and receiving orders securely sound pretty modern, but the key question which I am struggling to understand is "what is so unique about it?" I have been hearing similar technologies around for quite some time. Maybe the integration done by the Terrex is good enough for export to western markets, but is it really that big of a deal?

If it's really that revolutionary, why is the Terrex not a global arms success or at least armed forces all around the way actively lobbying to procure? To date besides Singapore, it seems only the USMC (not the most sophisticated and technologically advanced branch in US service) is considering it (not yet awarded). I would have thought something that is sophisticated enough for PRC to want to invest in all the resources and engineering talent to reverse engineer should be pretty well known in the arms industry and able to change their military in a meaningful way. That was not the impression I was getting based on my limited google research. In fact the Terrex has a very limited online footprint in industry and arms enthusiast sites.

The lack of sales success of the Terrex is not due to the fact that its not an advanced or good AFV. its simply due to the market. there are not a lot of armies in the world that use wheeled AFVs. Even the SAF has 800 plus Bionix to the 135 Terrex. Most armies prefer tracked IFVs like M2 Bradley and M113 and other such AFV/APCs. There are over 6700 of M2/M3 Bradley in service a but less then 3000 wheeled Strykers in the US Army. For mobility and protection, most tracked AFVs are better then wheeled.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Very difficult for ST to break into. Countries using the Russian system will stick to the Russian where as countries using the western weapons will likely buy from reputable western suppliers. Countries that are poor will buy from China. So where does ST stands in the market segment?

This is why stakes are very high for STK to succeed in the usmc project for it greatly raise their profile in the world's arm market. Other users will take a second look at STK products.

In addition to this, because of the high american content in the vehicle, it can only be sold to countries friendly and approved by the US, hence further restricting its sales potential.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
images

PLA retired junk old 8X8 combat vehicles, recycled for police use. Very old still better then SAF TERREX.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the summary.

all that is just high tech rubbish,i can do the same if i install a ipad into a APC,my ipad or lenovo pad can control drones too,uplink to my go pro camera,gps my vehicle position,whatsapp other APC or tank commanders....all these IT and tech stuff things can be easily done nowadays to make ur army "3g".

but when it comes to the real engineering,like finding new composite materials for ur armor,designing a engine better than rolls royce,turrets that can fire laser and homing missiles,stealth composite etc etc.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
fitting after all we are trying to be the next north korea superpower.

our hardware may be outdated but our enemies fear us because of our indomitable spirit and heartware!!!!!our goosesteps march in uniform and solidarity and draws the cheers of millions,our salute points to hitler's mustachio.north korea....i mean syngalpohru is best korea!!!!!gyeol san gui!!!!!Lee Kuan Yew!!!!Gyeol san gui!!!!Lee kuan yew!!!!!

[video=youtube;XQXHIOSHTCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQXHIOSHTCo&index=5&list=FLNvi2EPLDsmB9HCDEKczgzA[/video]

our enemies only fear 3 things during invasion.

1/ cannot pass ERP gantry without iV unit.

2/ caught in little india riot and police no where to be found to help them.

3/ caught in geylang with their pants down.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chinese are a moralistic people. They know what it means to be bullied. They understand the meaning of justice. But they have lost their sense of humility when they become prosperous. They have become proud and arrogant ,and they are becoming blind to their own faults.

It is clear that the confiscation of the Terrex is an assertion of their might and power over small countries.

Just like the story of David and Nathan in 2 Samuel 12.

The Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, “There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor. The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.

“Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him.”

David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this must die! He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity.”

Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man!

Last edited:

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you check combat net radio and battlefield management system, you will find many brands/vendors worldwide.

china can get a good system from any of them.

thales is selling the same radio to morocco - prc can borrow one and have a good look.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
if you check combat net radio and battlefield management system, you will find many brands/vendors worldwide.

china can get a good system from any of them.

thales is selling the same radio to morocco - prc can borrow one and have a good look.

If its so easy, then why don't they borrow a F-16 from the Pakistanis and have a good look?

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
If its so easy, then why don't they borrow a F-16 from the Pakistanis and have a good look?
i am sure they already have...and put whatever they liked into the j10. anyway i did not say the chinese were trying to build the radio. if they just wanted to find out more, there is no need to take it apart like reverse engineering.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
i am sure they already have...and put whatever they liked into the j10. anyway i did not say the chinese were trying to build the radio. if they just wanted to find out more, there is no need to take it apart like reverse engineering.

Its not as simple as you say. The Chinese can take apart the Terrex and all its relayed equipment. Not for the purpose of reverse engineering it, but they might share it with the Russians or any of their Allies for the day. The russians will certainly pay for one when the Chinese make it known they will not return the Terrex. expect Free sample Terrex to be given to North Korea and Pakistan. They can cut them up and copy anything they want from them. The ST Terrex program suppliers can't be too thrilled about this.

Last edited:

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allied comms codes kena copied by PLA. Now they know what the American soldiers are talking about.

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not as simple as you say. The Chinese can take apart the Terrex and all its relayed equipment. Not for the purpose or reverse engineering it, but they might share it with the Russians or any of their Allies for the day. The russians will certainly pay for one when the Chinese make it known they will not return the Terrex. expect Free sample Terrex to be given to North Korea and Pakistan. They can cut them up and copy anything they want from them. The ST Terrex program suppliers can't be too thrilled about this.

the impression is that prc does not have anything like those 2 systems on the vehicle, and once they see it, the security of us and sg is compromised.

even if prc does not have anything remotely like them, they can buy similar systems from many suppliers worldwide. And then reverse engineer them, since prc refuses to be held hostage by any supplier.

if prc has to have those thales radios, they can make an offer to thales. if thales refuses, then prc may approach user countries for a set. then reverse engineering can start.

my impression is that prc is just taking a look at the radios and there is no need for such terror. you can have yours.

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be a fucking retard lah, even St Engineering is not that stupid. Who designs a modern assault rifle without full auto? If you look at the SAR-21 at the back of the rifle near the end of it where the back pad is, there is a small circular round pin. Its on the lower half of the rifle. Its about the size of a 5 cent coin. You push it to the left and its full auto. to the right is semi auto.

Semi auto is much more accurate than full auto. Full auto is wasting bullets like Rambo Bo-Bo shooters.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prc are laughing because they have seen more high tech and innovative engineering from ISIS toyota terrorist trucks,the versatility,the tonnage,the indestructible engine and drive shaft,the horsepower,the ability to form a one man or integrate into a thousand man army.Toyota the name jihadists believe in.