• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Experience between Lazada & Q0010 online shopping

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Lazada is just a shinier more prestigious version of alibaba selling chink crap,but narrower selection and more mainstream products and more expensive.a amazon still the best of course if they bother to deliver to sg.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think about it. Who did I make the order with? Lazada of course.
I do not know who all their service providers are & don't care. If I have any issues with an order than it should be taken care of by the company I did business with i.e. Lazada.

For example if you buy a flat from HDB & find problems with it, who would you complain to? The trouble in Spore is that once a company has your $$$, they will ignore you.

got your point

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Lazada is just a shinier more prestigious version of alibaba selling chink crap,but narrower selection and more mainstream products and more expensive.a amazon still the best of course if they bother to deliver to sg.

You dumb nigger the reason why you search between these sites is then you'll have more choices. Even if all sites have the same product the prices might be different. That's why trip advisor has pricing from different sites like agoda, booking, hotels.com etc. The point is no one site fits everyone's needs and this applies to online shopping too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to buy from Q0010 but closed my account after recent bad experience . I did not receive my item (normal mail ) but was refused a refund after a long exchange of emails with the seller and Q0010 admin. I was told to check with Singpost regarding the missing parcel.

Made my first purchase from Lazada on 11 Nov and received the item on 15 Nov. Made another purchase on 26 Nov and received item on 29 Nov. Both deliveries were made by NinjaVan, fuss free and efficient.

Between the two, it's Lazada for me.

I think you've just been lucky. I buy many things online from iHerb, Amazon, eBay, Qoo10 & lately Lazada. I have had problems with wrong items being sent, damaged items & items going missing. I understand that mistakes are made & can accept that but what makes me angry is the attitude of some of the local companies.

I've even received extra items from iHerb e.g. brushes for applying makeup :biggrin: Also had one shipment that was damaged during transit & it was disposed of. A representative from the shipping company gave me a call to inform me of the damage. Of course iHerb gave me a refund. IHerb also checks up on their local shipper by sending surveys to customers, asking if & when they have received their orders.

The shipping company they use is Singpost :biggrin: However it is a special arrangement & they do check on the performance.

By the way I finally received a reply from Lazada, they apologised that their shipping company couldn't make the shipment & will cancel the order as I requested. Now I can proceed to get the item elsewhere :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lazada and q0010 will not survive when Amazon starts to operate in singapore.

What kind of LJ name is Lazada and q0010?

When Amazon opens shop in Spore, not only Lazada & Qoo10 will be in trouble. Many of the brick & mortar shops may have to close . It happened in the US & in Spore it is going to be worse because of the high rentals.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought I had cancelled the order but I guess Taqbin don't read their emails from Lazada or maybe they did receive the cancellation notice & finally decided to send the thing to me:confused: Sometimes you have to bang some tables to get action :smile: What surprised me is that they have people working on Sundays:eek:

Lucky thing I was at home to receive the delivery. I was actually planning to go to Sim Lim in the afternoon to talk to Video Pro about buying the ATX case from them. I thought delivery companies don't work on Sundays & it was safe to leave home. The problem with buying online is that you have to be at home to receive the items.

Buying online is here to stay & should be painless. Unless of course something goes wrong :wink:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought I had cancelled the order but I guess Taqbin don't read their emails from Lazada or maybe they did receive the cancellation notice & finally decided to send the thing to me:confused: Sometimes you have to bang some tables to get action :smile: What surprised me is that they have people working on Sundays:eek:

Lucky thing I was at home to receive the delivery. I was actually planning to go to Sim Lim in the afternoon to talk to Video Pro about buying the ATX case from them. I thought delivery companies don't work on Sundays & it was safe to leave home. The problem with buying online is that you have to be at home to receive the items.

Buying online is here to stay & should be painless. Unless of course something goes wrong :wink:

Hmm.. Having an online purchasing issue is actually quite a small issue. Are you that worried????

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm.. Having an online purchasing issue is actually quite a small issue. Are you that worried????

Actually depends on the type of person you are. I like to avoid unecessary problems if possible.

All week I couldn't leave home without worrying about missing the delivery man. Wouldn't be a problem if it was a delivery from Amazon because they do re-deliveries but local companies can give you plenty of headaches if you aren't at home.

The problem is with the unpredictable behaviour of the local delivery person. If you aren't at home to receive a package they can leave the package at your door step, hide it behind potted plants,...etc. It would help if companies had a proper procedure e.g. SMS prior to delievry to give you advance warning, or make the deliveries at night,...

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually depends on the type of person you are. I like to avoid unecessary problems if possible.

All week I couldn't leave home without worrying about missing the delivery man. Wouldn't be a problem if it was a delivery from Amazon because they do re-deliveries but local companies can give you plenty of headaches if you aren't at home.

The problem is with the unpredictable behaviour of the local delivery person. If you aren't at home to receive a package they can leave the package at your door step, hide it behind potted plants,...etc. It would help if companies had a proper procedure e.g. SMS prior to delievry to give you advance warning, or make the deliveries at night,...

they will just leave costly items outside the house ? $10 item ok but not $100 item. if it is registered mail, someone is supposed to sign for it, no ?

so you can assemble the pc now ? :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time assign a shop to accept yr parcel, eg police station. Police very free one lot of eat snakes.

Can deliver to yr office. many are doing just that.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they will just leave costly items outside the house ? $10 item ok but not $100 item. if it is registered mail, someone is supposed to sign for it, no ?

so you can assemble the pc now ? :biggrin:

The Coolermaster case I bought is I think too heavy for someone to run off with :smile:
The box was wrapped up in black plastic. If it wasn't delivered to my doorstep I don't see how I could have dragged the case home. Nice case but pretty heavy

It's SOP for someone to sign for the items that is delivered to your door. I avoid delivery my mail. Even with signing for items I've had things gone missing but I did get a refund without too much hassle from Qoo10.

I've now got almost everything, still waiting for the motherboard & CPU which should arrive next week. I did check online on the status of my Amazon order & the CPU is at Spore customs, while the motherboard is on a plane to Spore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time assign a shop to accept yr parcel, eg police station. Police very free one lot of eat snakes.

Can deliver to yr office. many are doing just that.

I would probably have gotten my parcel earlier like 2 days after putting in my order if I had done a self collection from one of those locker boxes thingees you find at post offices & 7-11.
The reason I ordered the ATX case online is because it included delivery to my home. No way I could have gotten the big sucker home without a lot of effort because it's big & heavy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would probably have gotten my parcel earlier like 2 days after putting in my order if I had done a self collection from one of those locker boxes thingees you find at post offices & 7-11.
The reason I ordered the ATX case online is because it included delivery to my home. No way I could have gotten the big sucker home without a lot of effort because it's big & heavy.

Is it a full tower or a half tower?

Do you play video games or install a lot of HDDS inside?

The reason why i am asking is cos the gfx cards used for high end gaming are larger in size and require half tower/tower sized casings to put in and also if you attach alot of pci e devices/sata devices like internal hdds then you require either an ATX sized mobo or a larger one if you don't need them like just 1 HDD with no raid function then an mATX mobo is required and you can use a smaller sized gfx card which doesn't require a half tower casing.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it a full tower or a half tower?

Do you play video games or install a lot of HDDS inside?

The reason why i am asking is cos the gfx cards used for high end gaming are larger in size and require half tower/tower sized casings to put in and also if you attach alot of pci e devices/sata devices like internal hdds then you require either an ATX sized mobo or a larger one if you don't need them like just 1 HDD with no raid function then an mATX mobo is required and you can use a smaller sized gfx card which doesn't require a half tower casing.

I've got an old full ATX tower which I'm using as a side table :biggrin:
Those things are I think too large.

I'm replacing my mini-ATX case because I'm getting the Intel 6700k which does not come with a CPU cooler because it is an unlocked processor.
I'll be using a 212 EVO cooler which is quite tall.

I actually prefer the aluminum Lian Li cases because they are light & are easy to move about. That is what I'm using now with my i7 machine equipped with an SSD & 4TB HDD. However I went with the Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5 because of it's flexibility & cooling. This will be my future active machine & I will relegate my Lian Li machine as a full time torrent machine.

I'll probably stick to the built-in VGA video because graphic games give me a headache. The only games I still play are older versions of Heroes of Might & Magic. The reason I went with Skylark is that there are rumours that Kaby Lake processors will not run Win 7.0 ? I don't like Win 8.1, 10, ... I am already having problems running old versions Heroes of MM on Win 7.

I may get a gfx card but not to run games but to have multiple monitors. I used to run 3 monitors & may decide to it again in the future :smile:

This is what I received today the Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5

[video=youtube;B5v_Ifk3tII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5v_Ifk3tII&t=128s[/video]

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe you should only purchase from an online stores which they had a delivery systems that fit you conveniences.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe you should only purchase from an online stores which they had a delivery systems that fit you conveniences.

In the past I've purchased from Lazada & the experience was positive.

Their procedure was straightforward, their shipper will SMS & give you 2 options. Delivery to a locker or delivery to your home address. So once you receive the SMS you can usually expect home delivery in 2 days. This didn't happen & I think think they misplaced/forgot about my delivery. Delivery was only done after I cancelled the order.

However this was before Lazada was bought over by Jack Ma. There could be many changes going on behind the scenes that we do not know about? I've worked in the corporate world & whenever there is a new boss changes are inevitable.

I expect more changes when Amazon opens up in Spore. The problem with the local companies is their weak procedures. Look at how Amazon uses the internet. They indicate where a package is & when to expect delivery. The local companies only use the internet to take orders, after the order is taken you wait & pray :smile: Some customers may get an SMS warning of an impending delivery, & some don't.

Yesterday I went to Sim Lim because I forgot to order thermal paste & was shocked that the price varied from $9 to $29 depending on quality of the paste. Some had nano particles. Amazon sells the good stuff for about SIN$15. I couldn't wait for another deliver from Amazon, so I paid $19 for the middle quality thermal paste. It will be interesting to see how the local shopping scene changes after Amazon starts their operations here.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess I haven't learn't my lesson about Lazada & decided to order a few small item from that company. Again I was played out :o

After ordering I checked & they indicated a shipping date of 27th December. Then yesterday(Thursday 15th) I got a sms that my package was with some company named "LGS-SG3" & to check my email. Well I checked my email & I got more details & it still indicated a ship date of between 27th Dec to 10th Jan.

Then today when I got back from running some errands, I saw 2 notices slipped under the door to notify me of an unsuccessful delivery & I am suppose to go to the post office to get my items:eek: I did check my email in the morning & received nothing but when I checked my email again after I got back, I got an email to warn me that delivery would be today:rolleyes:

Come on Lazada, why can't you update the emails on the actual delivery dates & give a person some warning? Don't you know that Sporeans are busy & need sometime to make arrangements. In my case I could have waited at home if I knew the items were being delivered that day.

Now I have to go down to the post office. Tomorrow is a Saturday and the post office closes at 2pm & the notice I got indicates that I'm suppose to go after 2pm:eek:
I was going to take a trip on Monday for a few days. Now those plans are in jeopardy because of Lazada :mad:

I paid for standard delivery & yet Lazada will only make one delivery attempt. Companies like Q0019 & Amazon provide alternative re-delivery attempts, if you are not at home the first time.

Let this be a warning to those who are thinking of ordering anything from Lazada. If you don't have someone at home be prepared to visit the post office to pick up your items. As for me I will shop elsewhere.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nobody mentioned aliexpress? it is my go-to online e-commerce platform after ebay and taobao. I use it for items not sold by lazada or qoo10.

even if said item is sold by lazada or qoo10, but made in China, i will turn to aliexpress or taobao. you will save more at the expense of longer shipping times.

aliexpress, taobao and ebay has all the buyer protection and refund guarantees that you need.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody mentioned aliexpress? it is my go-to online e-commerce platform after ebay and taobao. I use it for items not sold by lazada or qoo10.

even if said item is sold by lazada or qoo10, but made in China, i will turn to aliexpress or taobao. you will save more at the expense of longer shipping times.

aliexpress, taobao and ebay has all the buyer protection and refund guarantees that you need.

I bought from aliexpress too.. Hassle free delivery.. Or maybe I opt for express DHL.. Hehe.