• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Q&A Re-install Windows

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I not IT savvy guy.
I hope someone can advise me.

Remember the time windows 10 free upgrade.
My original windows is not 10.
I did upgrade. Problem arise.

While i boot up my cpu, it does the bootig as usual but when running the window 10, it hanged. I reboot and run few times, keep hang. Windows 10 just wont run.

Now since i cant run windows to my desktop, how to reintall the old windows from my original cd?

Thanks

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
How old is yr pc?

Min 4G ram. Are u still in 32 bit? If u upgrade to 64 bit u may not work if yr pc is 32.

Do you mean when booting, i insert the cd in, it will auto run the cd and prompt to run?
Or when booting i need to go set up and run cd drive?

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mean when booting, i insert the cd in, it will auto run the cd and prompt to run?
Or when booting i need to go set up and run cd drive?

You set the boot order in your computer CMOS setup. Press F2 when computer boots up.

Usually it's F1 or F2

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS, the man who claimed to own an exotic pet shop and have a jap wife should be able to help you. I mean help yourself.

singularity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where did you buy this pc from? Branded ones usually come along with a recovery DVD. Or is it from some sim lim shop?

You can run a clean install of W7, but that will wipe out all your data in the OS drive. Things like favorites stored in your browser and not synced with some online account will be gone. Do you keep regular data backups?

To see if you are able to repair your OS drive (thereby salvaging all your data),

- download the ISO image of W10 from the link given above (use official sources and not torrents),
- burn onto DVD or (USB drive using win32diskimager),
- insert DVD / flash drive before booting up pc,
- hit F2 during boot up to enter BIOS / UEFI
- change boot sequence to that of DVD / USB disk as 1st,
- save and exit setup,
- allow the installation disk to load,
- select the "repair" option,
- pray hard that it is fixed.

If not, get another blank hard disk / SSD, clean install W7 / W10 onto it, set that as the OS drive (1st to boot under BIOS) and your faulty drive as data drive, boot into windows using the new drive and copy the files from the faulty OS drive. Or plug this faulty drive into another pc and copy your data off it.