• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Can She Sue?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not me but the aunty is thinking of suing NParks.

You missed her point. It is not the weather that she blames. It is the green, mossy surface which NParks didnt keep clean. She is not sure she has a case.

She thinks she has a case to recover medical costs from NParks

Who did she vote for?

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went jogging at East Coast Park this morning.

Saw a 50+ aunty slipped and fell on her back. She fell hard and hit her backside quite badly. I helped her up and she was groaning in pain. I advised her to see a doctor. She said she will see her doctor and probably get an x-ray done.

The jogging path was green with moss, wet and was littered with fallen wet leaves due to the overnite rain. She asked whether she could sue NParks for not keeping the path fit for jogging. Interesting question. helped her take pictures of the path.

Any legal eagle here who can advise?

Pictures where ? :mad:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....anches-at-church-Paralysed-woman-gets-500-000

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every small thing also sue. Got so much free time to go to court? No need to work meh?

If there is no crack sound there shouldn't be any serious injuries.

Shits happens all the time. Always watch where you are going.

LHL sues a jobless Singapore citizen. Did you say anything?

NParks didnt take care of jogging path and caused pretty aunty to fall and maybe crack her back. Why cant sue?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once, i want to take up a legal case against NPark..

They do grass cutting on a sunday morning in Pasir Ris Park. WTF.???

As we all know we bring our children to park on Sunday and the little tots will be running around enjoying the open space.

What happen was i was riding a bike and pass by the ah Neh who was cutting the grass. And out of a sudden, a piece of small stone hit my bike handle and ricochet and pass my head, missing my eyes by centimetres.. What if the projectile hit my eye and blinded me...??

Now, if the projectile is a piece of broken glass and hit a child"s head and gets embedded in the brain?

What will NPark do>??? Send flowers to the little child hospital bed and say hello to her in the hospital.??

Sometimes these highly paid MIW wants to enjoy their weekends and put us in danger .

So if you see these grasscutter doing their work on Sundays or Public holidays, call 999 to protect your love ones..

Thanks for sharing. But cant sue because you were not injured

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since the path was unsafe..she should not have jog there..so by deliberately going into an unsafe zone..whose fault is it?

A lay person like the aunty will not know whether path is safe until she is injured. NParks is the professional and has to do its due diligence to keep path safe

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lay person like the aunty will not know whether path is safe until she is injured. NParks is the professional and has to do its due diligence to keep path safe

After the rain n the moss etc..she no eyes to see? If she walking normally n it's slippery n she PK..at least can say I walk n fell as walking n control balancing is easier...so damn slippery due to design etc still can argue.but she jogging in unsafe area.. anyway the answer is no unless she is big shot...n can transfer minister or she is LWL..soo too bad for her. Pappies protect only themselves

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the rain n the moss etc..she no eyes to see? If she walking normally n it's slippery n she PK..at least can say I walk n fell as walking n control balancing is easier...so damn slippery due to design etc still can argue.but she jogging in unsafe area.. anyway the answer is no unless she is big shot...n can transfer minister or she is LWL..soo too bad for her. Pappies protect only themselves

I think she is seeking advice. I dont know what she will do. I think it is not easy to win even if she has a good case. But it is good that she is considering her options

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I think she is seeking advice. I dont know what she will do. I think it is not easy to win even if she has a good case. But it is good that she is considering her options

Even my dog knows how to avoid wet and slippery surfaces. This woman you're talking about must either be blind or stupid or both.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even my dog knows how to avoid wet and slippery surfaces. This woman you're talking about must either be blind or stupid or both.

i dont know her. But she is not blind and she looks and sounds intelligent. That's why she knows her right and she knows NParks neglected the jogging track

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

the whole track was wet because of the overnite rain. Cant avoid the wet track unless she didnt jog. But what she didnt see was the moss

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the whole track was wet because of the overnite rain. Cant avoid the wet track unless she didnt jog. But what she didnt see was the moss

she can start a curling awakening in sg and aim to win olympic gold by turning a negative experience into a positive one. sg gov can never do anything right in your eyes. spend taxpayer money to build walking/jogging tracks and footpaths for sinkies to exercise and you kpkb. if tracks, walkways and paths are left as dirty muddy trails you also kpkb. heads you win tails they lose.

image.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL sues a jobless Singapore citizen. Did you say anything?

NParks didnt take care of jogging path and caused pretty aunty to fall and maybe crack her back. Why cant sue?

Hahahah you are right about that idiot who is always blaming Najib in every big and small thing but other people cannot blame npark for poor maintenance causing fall.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me cite a case.

A boy was playing at a HDB basketball court and was hit on the head and killed by a falling lamppost. Investigations showed that the lamppost base was badly corroded and the lamppost had been checked by the authorities and certified good a few months before the incident. Many Singaporeans were infuriated and asked the parents to sue the Town Council/HDB for negligence.

But the defence was a falling lamppost is an act of God. Can you accept that kind of defence?

To most of us, a lamppost that was not properly maintained is negligence and sue-able.

That aunty has a point. A jogging path that is not maintained and is green with moss is negligence

What about the falling tree in SG that killed or badly injured a mudlander Chinese not long ago ? You can ask her to refer that case whether he or his family managed to sue or is falling tree an act of God. Mudlanders are not like sinkies killed by falling trees and will sure sue the SG govt all the way if they can.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkies should go on their knees in gratitude instead of complaining and suing. In many countries there are no fancy parks and no jogging tracks. All you have is disease and squalor.

Indian-Village.jpg

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
in her smart phone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants,[1] also known as the McDonald's coffee case and the hot coffee lawsuit, was a 1994 product liability lawsuit that became a flashpoint in the debate in the United States over tort reform. A New Mexico civil jury awarded $2.86 million to plaintiff Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman who suffered third-degree burns in her pelvic region when she accidentally spilled hot coffee in her lap after purchasing it from a McDonald's restaurant. Liebeck was hospitalized for eight days while she underwent skin grafting, followed by two years of medical treatment.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
she can start a curling awakening in sg and aim to win olympic gold by turning a negative experience into a positive one. sg gov can never do anything right in your eyes. spend taxpayer money to build walking/jogging tracks and footpaths for sinkies to exercise and you kpkb. if tracks, walkways and paths are left as dirty muddy trails you also kpkb. heads you win tails they lose.

View attachment 29084

was she wrong to expect NParks to keep the track safe for jogging?