• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Can She Sue?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went jogging at East Coast Park this morning.

Saw a 50+ aunty slipped and fell on her back. She fell hard and hit her backside quite badly. I helped her up and she was groaning in pain. I advised her to see a doctor. She said she will see her doctor and probably get an x-ray done.

The jogging path was green with moss, wet and was littered with fallen wet leaves due to the overnite rain. She asked whether she could sue NParks for not keeping the path fit for jogging. Interesting question. helped her take pictures of the path.

Any legal eagle here who can advise?

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Highest paid in the world not one but the whole bunch and what happened to our MRT ?

You need a better case ? Anything happened ?

Enuff said ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Say a 50+ aunty slipped and fell on her back. She fell hard and hit her backside quite badly. I helped her up and she was groaning in pain. I advised her to see a doctor. She said she will see her doctor and probably get an x-ray done.

The jogging path was green with moss, wet and was littered with fallen wet leaves due to the overnite rain. She asked whether she could sue NParks for not keeping the path fit for jogging. Interesting question. helped her take pictures of the path.

Any legal eagles here who can advise?

So now you're blaming the PAP for the weather too? :rolleyes: Get a life for Gawd's sake.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now you're blaming the PAP for the weather too? :rolleyes: Get a life for Gawd's sake.

Not me but the aunty is thinking of suing NParks.

You missed her point. It is not the weather that she blames. It is the green, mossy surface which NParks didnt keep clean. She is not sure she has a case.

She thinks she has a case to recover medical costs from NParks

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me cite a case.

A boy was playing at a HDB basketball court and was hit on the head and killed by a falling lamppost. Investigations showed that the lamppost base was badly corroded and the lamppost had been checked by the authorities and certified good a few months before the incident. Many Singaporeans were infuriated and asked the parents to sue the Town Council/HDB for negligence.

But the defence was a falling lamppost is an act of God. Can you accept that kind of defence?

To most of us, a lamppost that was not properly maintained is negligence and sue-able.

That aunty has a point. A jogging path that is not maintained and is green with moss is negligence

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

One way to straighten out the GLCs, TLCs and civil service is to get them to answer for cases of negligence.

HDB flats facade dropping from 12 stories looks like negligence. If that hurts or kills someone, we ought to sue.

SMRT not following procedures resulting in the death of two trainee technicians is criminal negligence and parents ought to sue SMRT.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

A friend of mine stays in a condo. Her lobby (common area) had a leak. She reported the leak to the management but nothing was done. One day she stepped on a pool of water, she fell and she hit her head. She was found unconscious and had to be ambulanced to a hospital. She sued the condo.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope. sue, best friend of claire.

pic1.jpg

The aunty who fell and hurt herself looks like Sue

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 29080

The aunty who fell and hurt herself looks like Sue

her butt should have ample fat to cushion her fall. otherwise, if her butt is flat, her hips and pelvis may be fractured. if her medical examination reveals hairline fractures, she will have to refrain from sex until they heal. if everything is intact including her hymen, i would still caution against violent sex. she can sue all she wants in either case, and all she will get is an attorney's pleasurable grin with a bill shove up her arse. :biggrin:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
her butt should have ample fat to cushion her fall. otherwise, if her butt is flat, her hips and pelvis may be fractured. if her medical examination reveals hairline fractures, she will have to refrain from sex until they heal. if everything is intact including her hymen, i would still caution against violent sex. she can sue all she wants in either case, and all she will get is an attorney's pleasurable grin with a bill shove up her arse. :biggrin:

she is quite shapely, not sure abt her injuries.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saw a 50+ aunty slipped and fell on her back. She fell hard and hit her backside quite badly. I helped her up and she was groaning in pain. I advised her to see a doctor. She said she will see her doctor and probably get an x-ray done.

Any legal eagle here who can advise?

can try calling Drew & Napier office :(

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend of mine stays in a condo. Her lobby (common area) had a leak. She reported the leak to the management but nothing was done. One day she stepped on a pool of water, she fell and she hit her head. She was found unconscious and had to be ambulanced to a hospital. She sued the condo.

condo pays ?

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every small thing also sue. Got so much free time to go to court? No need to work meh?

If there is no crack sound there shouldn't be any serious injuries.

Shits happens all the time. Always watch where you are going.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not me but the aunty is thinking of suing NParks.

You missed her point. It is not the weather that she blames. It is the green, mossy surface which NParks didnt keep clean. She is not sure she has a case.

She thinks she has a case to recover medical costs from NParks

Once, i want to take up a legal case against NPark..

They do grass cutting on a sunday morning in Pasir Ris Park. WTF.???

As we all know we bring our children to park on Sunday and the little tots will be running around enjoying the open space.

What happen was i was riding a bike and pass by the ah Neh who was cutting the grass. And out of a sudden, a piece of small stone hit my bike handle and ricochet and pass my head, missing my eyes by centimetres.. What if the projectile hit my eye and blinded me...??

Now, if the projectile is a piece of broken glass and hit a child"s head and gets embedded in the brain?

What will NPark do>??? Send flowers to the little child hospital bed and say hello to her in the hospital.??

Sometimes these highly paid MIW wants to enjoy their weekends and put us in danger .

So if you see these grasscutter doing their work on Sundays or Public holidays, call 999 to protect your love ones..

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since the path was unsafe..she should not have jog there..so by deliberately going into an unsafe zone..whose fault is it?