• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Free :The New Paper (TNP) // Online Also F.O.C ( Effective 1st Dec 2016 , Thur )

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/new-papers-new-phase

http://www.tnp.sg/sports/racing

Here's how and where you can get your newspaper, tnp ,

Nov 30, 2016 06:00 am

As a loyal reader of The New Paper, Mr Chan Ju Vee would pop into a 7-Eleven every weekday morning to pick up a copy on his way to work.

From tomorrow, the TNP reader of seven years will find it even easier to get a copy, which will be free for the first time since free copies were given out on TNP's first day on July 26, 1988.

TNP is being merged with MyPaper and will become a free morning newspaper from tomorrow.

Mr Chan, 30, a workshop executive, will be able to pick up the paper at Lakeside MRT station, read a bit of it on his six-minute train ride to Joo Koon MRT station and save it for a more thorough read later.

He is considering subscribing to the new TNP and he especially likes the sports section and M, the entertainment pull-out supplement which used to appear every Wednesday.

The revamped TNP will have entertainment stories spread throughout the week.

"I'm looking forward to seeing the revamp, although I'm sad that there won't be an M section," he said.

"I hope TNP keeps its human interest stories and entertaining news.

"It's very enjoyable to read TNP, regardless of whether it is news, sports or entertainment."

The new The New Paper will provide more of the news that matters to you - for free.

From Mondays to Fridays at 7am to 9am, you can pick up a free copy at 49 MRT stations, including Raffles Place, City Hall and Orchard.

The lunch crowd can also get a copy from 11.30am to 1.30pm at areas such as Raffles Courtyard, City Hall and Tanjong Pagar Plaza.

It will also be distributed at selected malls such as Plaza Singapura, Paragon and Centrepoint, as well as at cafes, offices, country clubs, libraries, premium bus services, airline lounges and hospitals.

On Saturdays, TNP will be distributed at 31 MRT stations from 11.30am to 1.30pm.

The paper will also be available for free online at www.tnp.sg

We will be creating content catered to professionals, managers, executives and businessmen (PMEBs).

CHARITY DRIVE

TNP has struck new deals with advertisers, one of which is OWL Coffee, which has done a charity drive with TNP for five years.

OWL International assistant general manager for advertising and promotions Joie Wong said: "Working with TNP is certainly a win-win proposition. TNP helps us to reach out to the PMEBs.

"Instead of spending our resources attempting to reach them, we can now dedicate ourselves to deliver more products and value to our customers."

Seasonal Salad Bar, which will also be working with TNP, said: "We are excited and honoured to be part of TNP's new phase of growth."

You can have the new free TNP delivered to your home.

Existing subscribers of other Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) publications need to pay a nominal handling fee of just $4 a month.

If you do not subscribe to SPH publications, you will pay the handling fee and a delivery fee of $3 for Housing Board flats, $4 for condominiums or apartments, and $5 for landed property.

For home delivery, please call our subscription hotline at 6319-8878 or e-mail us at

[email protected]

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too little too late for a paper past its glory days n lost its relevance in today's digital era.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past I have had "Today" delivered to my door step FOC. I think my neigbours must have complained about littering :smile:

So now copies of "Today" are left at the lobby & it is for people to decide if they want the free copies. I notice that in the evenings, there are many copies left because people are not interested, even though it is free.

Today has started offering a FREE online version of their paper. If anyone is interested you can get it for free here http://www.todayonline.com/print-edition.

I don't bother reading the local papers because they have too much PAP propaganda that gives a slanted view. In the past I made wrong investment decisions because I actually believed in the propaganda :o So if you read & listen to local media be sure to take it with a grain of salt because it will be peppered with PAP bullshit :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
In the past I have had "Today" delivered to my door step FOC. I think my neigbours must have complained about littering :smile:

So now copies of "Today" are left at the lobby & it is for people to decide if they want the free copies. I notice that in the evenings, there are many copies left because people are not interested, even though it is free.

Today has started offering a FREE online version of their paper. If anyone is interested you can get it for free here http://www.todayonline.com/print-edition.

I don't bother reading the local papers because they have too much PAP propaganda that gives a slanted view. In the past I made wrong investment decisions because I actually believed in the propaganda :o So if you read & listen to local media be sure to take it with a grain of salt because it will be peppered with PAP bullshit :biggrin:

If you picked up the Today newspaper at your doorstep everyday and sold them to the karang guni man at the end of the month, the neighbours would have nothing to complain about. :biggrin:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you picked up the Today newspaper at your doorstep everyday and sold them to the karang guni man at the end of the month, the neighbours would have nothing to complain about. :biggrin:

Nowadays most of these papers are collected by Auntie uncles who want to save money, poor students and almost dead exercising for karang guni.

Not very attractive to high profile advertisers other then the usual slimming, tuition centers and other rubbish services.

jw5

Loyal
Nowadays most of these papers are collected by Auntie uncles who want to save money, poor students and almost dead exercising for karang guni.

Not very attractive to high profile advertisers other then the usual slimming, tuition centers and other rubbish services.

Not forgetting charitable organizations. :wink:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the pre-internet smartphone days, TNP, being an afternoon paper, was a great source of latest international football results.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I live in a condo & even the auntie who does the cleaning is happier because she now has less work to do. :smile: