• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Keppel Corp

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u guys are dreaming too much.....the whole sg stock market is up,my UOL is up 15 percent since trump election victory which i sold a couple of shares to treat myself to a lenovo ideapad.yes my company is a precious gem,ur company is a precious gem,we are all solid well diversified companies,u are up i am up we are all up.

this is merely an act of god,of synchronicity,of bomohs and coconuts,theres no need to read too much into it.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This share is jinxed when ong ya kun was put onto the board to leech on it yrs back. That time i got the feel this once good share has also lost the good management it once had.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
This share is jinxed when ong ya kun was put onto the board to leech on it yrs back. That time i got the feel this once good share has also lost the good management it once had.

Yes, Kep Corp had good Chairman and CEO like Lim Chee Onn and Choo Chiau Beng. Now we have Lee Boon Yang and Loh Chin Hua

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope you sold some of your Kep Corp shares and took some profits when it reached $6.40 yesterday

No I have not sold any of my Keppel stock. Am keeping them long term because I think this counter will weather the storm and is poised to rise.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I have not sold any of my Keppel stock. Am keeping them long term because I think this counter will weather the storm and is poised to rise.

if you have good holding power, then it is good to keep corp kep as it is well diversified. Price will fluctuate in the short term but in the long term, it shd go up. 2016's profit of $700+m is good, giving you a tidy 3% dividend

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, Kep Corp had good Chairman and CEO like Lim Chee Onn and Choo Chiau Beng. Now we have Lee Boon Yang and Loh Chin Hua

You should attend the coming agm or egm and ask which pappie leeches have also been retrenched in the mass retrenchment exercise.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you have good holding power, then it is good to keep corp kep as it is well diversified. Price will fluctuate in the short term but in the long term, it shd go up. 2016's profit of $700+m is good, giving you a tidy 3% dividend

At this juncture I'm happy for it to remain above $6 and fairly confident the price should pick up from there.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this juncture I'm happy for it to remain above $6 and fairly confident the price should pick up from there.

The contra players are gg to be hit in the next few trading days, especially today when many want to clear their positions for the lon CNY holidays. We shd see robust and thick trading today

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you. But if you can sell at $6.40 and then buy back at $5.80 later, why not.

I have had a very poor trading record over the years but fare better when I buy and hold so I guess it is better for me to stick to my game plan. I wish I could be better at trading but I cant seem to get the knack of it.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have had a very poor trading record over the years but fare better when I buy and hold so I guess it is better for me to stick to my game plan. I wish I could be better at trading but I cant seem to get the knack of it.

Yes, good to know yourself and devise the gameplan that suits you. It is not easy to be on top of your trading because you nned to know the macro economic environment, the industry specific conditions and also the company situation. It seems that you know Keppel well...so sticking to your strength and what you know is perhaps best

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some analysts expect Kep Corp to go on a free fall after the 2016 result announcement. I predict that any fall in price will be muted as it is a kneejerk reaction because as you have said, Kep Corp is fundamentally a strong blue chip.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yesterday, Kep Corp rose 12 cents. Today, despite bad results, Kep Corp, lost only 12 cents thereby debunking analysts' prediction that there will be a bloodbath. There were strong buying support at the end.

Will we see Kep Corp rising again when trading opens after LNY?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the economic situation in Spore being poor, why are people buying GLC stocks?

Such companies are carrying plenty of dead weight political appointees. It is unlikely that they will be retrenched & will keep on getting fat pay checks at the expense of shareholders.
So why are people still buying GLC shares?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the economic situation in Spore being poor, why are people buying GLC stocks?

Such companies are carrying plenty of dead weight political appointees. It is unlikely that they will be retrenched & will keep on getting fat pay checks at the expense of shareholders.
So why are people still buying GLC shares?

You are 100% right abt deadweight political appointees. This is the corrupt system that we have in SG. PAP will put their expired ministers in high paying jobs. They do nothing to add value to the companies but instead suck us of our hard earned money. Such men are Lim Boon Heng and Lee Boon Yang, very light weight men who achieved nothing for Singapore. Lim Boon Heng as put in charge of active age-ing and to come out with policies to help the senior citizens. He did nothing during his tenure

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some analysts expect Kep Corp to go on a free fall after the 2016 result announcement. I predict that any fall in price will be muted as it is a kneejerk reaction because as you have said, Kep Corp is fundamentally a strong blue chip.

Certainly hope Keppel goes up too later in the year.May your money work well for you too!