• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Keppel Corp

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got people buy shares based on people intro, also got people buy insurance products just coz support friends, temasek study and analyze the shit out of everything, also will lose money... guts sometimes doesn't sound half as bad if the person is involved in the industry. Or people just too lazy to explain, 101 reasons... Chill...

So all your investment decisions big and small are based on intuition? Amazing.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got people buy shares based on people intro, also got people buy insurance products just coz support friends, temasek study and analyze the shit out of everything, also will lose money... guts sometimes doesn't sound half as bad if the person is involved in the industry. Or people just too lazy to explain, 101 reasons... Chill...

Well said. Dont just trust the analysts. Know the market, know the company. Do own analysis and go with own intuition

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

well its called an educated guess,u try to make decisions as best as u can based on the things u know and ur understanding,of course there is always a varying percentage of chance u are wrong or things dont turn out ur way.just like poker,im try to make educated guesses based on logic,math,game theory,experience and psychology on what my opponent has and what hes trying to do,of course i make mistakes sometimes but my goal is to make less mistakes and smaller ones than my opponent,its called reciprocality of poker,exchanging of ur own mistakes for ur opponents' hopefully bigger and more numerous mistakes.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
well its called an educated guess,u try to make decisions as best as u can based on the things u know and ur understanding,of course there is always a varying percentage of chance u are wrong or things dont turn out ur way.just like poker,im try to make educated guesses based on logic,math,game theory,experience and psychology on what my opponent has and what hes trying to do,of course i make mistakes sometimes but my goal is to make less mistakes and smaller ones than my opponent,its called reciprocality of poker,exchanging of ur own mistakes for ur opponents' hopefully bigger and more numerous mistakes.

yes, life is all abt making an educated guess. Exams, marriage, career, investments, etc. We can't wait until we have perfect information before we make a decision. Sometimes, we get whatever information we can and when time is ripe, we have to decide whether to go or not to go. as you said, sometimes, we make a wrong decision. But so be it. Life goes on.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes, we make a wrong decision. But so be it. Life goes on.
But if you're still alive after that wrong decision has been made, what kind of life will you be leading while your "life goes on"? :confused:
That is the more important question, right? :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, life is all abt making an educated guess. Exams, marriage, career, investments, etc. We can't wait until we have perfect information before we make a decision. Sometimes, we get whatever information we can and when time is ripe, we have to decide whether to go or not to go. as you said, sometimes, we make a wrong decision. But so be it. Life goes on.

yes most importantly trust the numbers,the numbers tells u everything u need to know,follow the numbers and all will be revealed in the universe in due time,in numbers we trust.

look into the numbers to find the answer,the sacred geometry of chance,the hidden law of probable outcomes,the numbers lead a dance.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes most importantly trust the numbers,the numbers tells u everything u need to know,follow the numbers and all will be revealed in the universe in due time,in numbers we trust.

look into the numbers to find the answer,the sacred geometry of chance,the hidden law of probable outcomes,the numbers lead a dance.

Yes, trust the numbers and have confidence in own judgement. Go and make a sound decision

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But if you're still alive after that wrong decision has been made, what kind of life will you be leading while your "life goes on"? :confused:
That is the more important question, right? :wink:

yes "is it better to live as a monster or die a good man?" that is the most important question after the wrongest of wrong decision has been made and one that u ask urself every morning for the rest of ur life.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes "is it better to live as a monster or die a good man?" that is the most important question after the wrongest of wrong decision has been made and one that u ask urself every morning for the rest of ur life.

Yes, some people have warped sense of bravado. Obviously, they made wrongs decisions repeatedly but refused to admit their mistakes. They rather "live as a monster than die a good man". An example of such people is LHL

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah I used the force everyday in my trading.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ckmpd jiejie, Keppel corp can go up to $6 by March 2017 boh? I'm thinking of making abit to pay for my airtix home

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
ckmpd jiejie, Keppel corp can go up to $6 by March 2017 boh? I'm thinking of making abit to pay for my airtix home

Kep Corp was hotly traded at $6.20 on 12 Dec 2016. The fundamentals have not changed. So do you think it can reach $6 in 3 months?

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
you just want to argue or disagree?

if you were wise and had listen to me, you wld have bought Kep corp for abt $5.50 and sell it today for $6.20.

that's the opportunity cost for being argumentative and refusing to take wise advice
Again your take on things are skewed. I have never argued with you on this thread. I am nothing if not practical. I may argue with you on other issues but in matters like investments where I am still green I would have no problems taking advice from you.
Basically and obviously, she's using a:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
argument against you by putting words in your mouth, in order to refute your "argument" and make herself look "good". :rolleyes:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kep Corp opens today at $6.13 up 20cents
Kep corp has risen from $5.45 on 30Nov to $6.13 on 12 Dec, a rise of 68cents in 8 trading days. That's 12.5% rise. More upside to come
Kep corp is up 27c at $6.20
Kep Corp is up 31 cents to $6.25. It is up 15% from 30 Nov. A very bullish counter
Keppel Corp gained a hefty 35c today with massive turnover of 18,000+ lots. More upside tmrw!
Get yourself ready for another rise all the way to year end
All the above posts (except the last one) were from 12 December 2016, but according to:
google.com/finance?q=SGX:BN4
not only did Keppel fail to have any upside the next day (13 Dec.), it also fell "all the way to year end", right? :wink:

I expect Kep Corp to go up to $6.50
6.5? It closed at about 5.8 today, down about 8% from the roughly 6.3 high on 12 December about three weeks ago, right? :wink:

you just want to argue or disagree?

if you were wise and had listen to me, you wld have bought Kep corp for abt $5.50 and sell it today for $6.20.

that's the opportunity cost for being argumentative and refusing to take wise advice
So did you sell it that day? :confused: :wink:

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be completely objective, this thread was started on 1st week of December and price was about $5.45- $5.69, she said to buy. In between, could have gotten anywhere from 5%-12% yield if one were to sell, according to one's own judgement, all within a month. Most probably she didn't sell, anticipating to rise to $6.50 (gut feel went wrong, perhaps), if sold, then good, if not, then suck thumb lor, take dividends, hope, pray and wait for next qtr's results.

All things considered, 5%-12% yield within a month is a good call. I would appreciate anyone who can intro a stock which can rise 5%-12% within a month, no need to worry when to sell, i will make my own judgement.

All the above posts were from 12 December 2016, but according to:
google.com/finance?q=SGX:BN4
not only did Keppel fail to have any upside the next day (13 Dec.), it also fell "all the way to year end", right? :wink:
6.5? It closed at about 5.8 today, down about 8% from the roughly 6.3 high on 12 December about three weeks ago. :wink:

So did you sell it that day? :confused: :wink: