• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Vivian Balakrishnan Speaks Like A Teenage Girl!!!!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We will not allow a single issue to hijack longstanding wide ranging relationship, he says.

On the China relationship, Minister for Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan said that close friends will inevitably have disagreements on some issues over time.
"If you are truly close, there will be things you disagree about from time to time," he said in response to a question about recent frictions in the Singapore-China relationship.
"Fortunately or unfortunately for Singapore, we are very transparent, we call a spade a spade. It doesn't mean we are shifting our position or deliberately trying to poke people in the eye."

On an issue like the South China Sea, Singapore's own circumstances and history inform its position on the importance of freedom of navigation and overflight, and of international mechanisms to resolve disputes, he said.

Asked about the recent seizure of Singapore Armed Forces terrex vehicles in Hong Kong, Mr Balakrishnan said: "I wouldn't overreact to that...we expect commercial providers of services to strictly comply with the law."

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Balakrishnan said: "I wouldn't overreact

do you have balls to react? you are merely a million dollar man without backbone and leeching on tax payer money!!!

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will not allow a single issue to hijack longstanding wide ranging relationship, he says.

Asked about the recent seizure of Singapore Armed Forces terrex vehicles in Hong Kong, Mr Balakrishnan said: "I wouldn't overreact to that...we expect commercial providers of services to strictly comply with the law."

Ho say liao....the official line of the terrex affair....NOT MY FAULT HORRR......BLAME THE FUCKING MOVERS!!!!....LET'S MOVE ON!!!!

Cheap easy excuse mouthed to defend negligent governance....(s)he thinks everyone stupid....like him, with the millions dollars salary?????

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho say liao....the official line of the terrex affair....NOT MY FAULT HORRR......BLAME THE FUCKING MOVERS!!!!....LET'S MOVE ON!!!!

Cheap easy excuse mouthed to defend negligent governance....(s)he thinks everyone stupid....like him, with the millions dollars salary?????

typical bo chap attitude. just like YOG where he wasted over $400m of tax payers money for a kids event that nobody watch and nobody remember except for his blunder. easy for him to say don't over react as we are the ones to suffer when the economy gets hits. talk c@ck only. million dollar pay to spout such crap. already slap in his face by the PLA and still in denial. hahahhahahha

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy shit!! Your car is being hijacked by neighbour and moved inside his backyard to strip or do whatever he want, and the reaction is you continue the party and I should not overreact on that?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy shit!! Your car is being hijacked by neighbour and moved inside his backyard to strip or do whatever he want, and the reaction is you continue the party and I should not overreact on that?

Best on how he over reacted when it comes to Spore's WP!!!!!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was trying to downplay the differences but the fact remains we have stepped onto prc toes as far as their core interests are concerned. If these fundamental disagreements are not addressed , it will have a far reaching impact on the bilateral relation.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

On the China relationship, Minister for Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan said that close friends will inevitably have disagreements on some issues over time.
"If you are truly close, there will be things you disagree about from time to time," he said in response to a question about recent frictions in the Singapore-China relationship.
"Fortunately or unfortunately for Singapore, we are very transparent, we call a spade a spade. It doesn't mean we are shifting our position or deliberately trying to poke people in the eye."

On an issue like the South China Sea, Singapore's own circumstances and history inform its position on the importance of freedom of navigation and overflight, and of international mechanisms to resolve disputes, he said.

That is being politically correct, but really he is saying." I am not doing anything. Honestly, what do you expect me to do, right? We are dealing with China , not some timbaktu island. Why should I overreact ? Let nature ,I mean the rule of law , take its course."