• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Malaysia's dirty secret

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/o...r-people-between-their-acts-of-pollution-and/

Friday, 18 November 2016
Malaysia’s dirty secret

BY VICTORIA BROWN

RUBBISH floating around in our teh tarik coloured rivers is not an uncommon sight in Malaysia.

If people don’t feel like there’s anything wrong with throwing their trash into the river, it is not a great leap for industries to condone dumping their toxic waste into the very same river.

But the moment our water supply is cut off due to contamination, everyone is up in arms over it.

I don’t understand this disconnect between pollution and water supply for many Malaysians.

Do they not realise that the body of water they are polluting is our primary source of water supply?

Perhaps many Malaysians have the “what’s a little rubbish” or the “it’s someone’s job to clean up after me” attitude.

But the moment the water supply is disrupted, they are the first to complain.

This widespread apathy is cause for great concern.

Water is our most precious resource. All living things need water to survive.

Even though the majority of Earth’s surface is made up of water, less than 1% is fresh water suitable for drinking, agriculture, industry and nature on land.

So shouldn’t we be taking better care of our water resources to ensure our future generations will have enough?

Our choices and our actions will result in either the improvement or deterioration of our water resources and environment.

This year alone, we have witnessed several unscheduled water disruptions due to contamination or pipe bursts, much to the frustration of Malaysians.

Perhaps the most worrying disruption this year was caused by an unidentifiable “odour pollution” in Sungai Buah last month.

It was worrying because our authorities were not immediately sure what exactly was contaminating Sungai Buah, and the pollution site was so close to our Sungai Semenyih water treatment plant.

It was later found that the river was contaminated with a highly poisonous substance, 4-Bromo Diphenyl Ether.

It is so poisonous that it had killed the fish in the river.

What angers me was that the pollutant was deliberately dumped in the river, and the person responsible will likely not get caught.

It is beyond me why someone would dump such toxic waste into a river so close to our water supply.

Not only is it against the law, it is also a serious health threat to everyone in the area!

Understandably, many Malay*sians were angry when they heard about this deliberate act of sabotage.

Many asked why there were no security personnel guarding our rivers, why there aren’t fences blocking access to rivers, and why there aren’t any CCTVs.

However, even if we had security personnel and cameras around our rivers, it is impossible to have eyes and ears along all our rivers and the drainage systems that connect to our rivers.

It is also not economical to build fences all around our rivers or to hire guards to monitor the area.

You must also remember that waste dumping (or sabotage) is only one issue that causes our water treatment plants to shut down.

High ammonia content and high levels of other contaminants from loads emitted by factories is another cause of shutdown.

I feel that the best way to prevent water disruptions is to have more advanced water treatment technologies so that our water treatment plants will be able to deal with these contaminants and pollutants without having to shut down.

Malaysians shouldn’t have to keep dealing with water disruptions on a regular basis. It is unfair and it does affect our daily lives.

The Government must take meaningful steps to address this.

But it also boils down to people like you and me.

We have to realise that if we want cleaner rivers and a reliable water supply, we must take steps to ensure the well-being of our water bodies.

That means we shouldn’t be littering!

Our mentality must change. We need more people taking responsibility in caring for our environment, and we must make them realise that their actions will affect their health and the health of future generations.

Online reporter Victoria Brown’s “Behind The Cage” tackles the pressing issues of animal rights and environmental awareness. She can

be reached at [email protected].

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When shameless mudlanders go low to post fake news and lies of SG woman, I go high to post ugly truth about them. I have always been adhering to this principle. That's the difference between high class and low class people.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where got money to cleanup?

The entire country is broke except for Najibee.

Read properly, don't everything blame najib. Who throw the trash in the first place? Who are the people littering that caused the pollution?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where got money to cleanup?

The entire country is broke except for Najibee.

My mudlander Chinese neighbours are rich. Ask them to contribute to clean up. Afterall they are big litterbugs that contributed to the pollution. Have abit of money only so proud and no respect for their neighbours next door. Kept many dogs barking non-stop and instead of apologetic to me, they have been harrassing me non-stop for years. Dirty scumbags of the earth. I bet they love to pretend to be victim of racial policies

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
human trafficking, sexploitation and abduction syndicate just got busted in mudlaysia. bunch of neh, lankan, and bangla women set free. syndicate mastermind kena caught. you can roam free in ml now.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
human trafficking, sexploitation and abduction syndicate just got busted in mudlaysia. bunch of neh, lankan, and bangla women set free. syndicate mastermind kena caught. you can roam free in ml now.

I bet the mastermind is MALAYSIAN. Prove me wrong.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mudlander Chinese neighbours are rich. Ask them to contribute to clean up. Afterall they are big litterbugs that contributed to the pollution. Have abit of money only so proud and no respect for their neighbours next door. Kept many dogs barking non-stop and instead of apologetic to me, they have been harrassing me non-stop for years. Dirty scumbags of the earth. I bet they love to pretend to be victim of racial policies

What could cause the downfall of my mudlander Chinese neighbours? Have a bit of money only so proud and not just no respect for others - me their neighbour - but harrassed and harmed me non-stop. Victims of racial policy my foot.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mudlander Chinese neighbours litterbugs are smelly pie chow hai indeed. These filthy people are dirty truth.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw I haven't even told anyone here yet this morning 11.30 am my mudlander neighbours put a giant firecrackers near my house. I am not even living next to them for more than two years but they still harassed me non stop. Who is siao? They are the siao ones not me!

But sinkies love kissing foreigners ass and will turn around to say I am the siao one telling lies of firecrackers in the morning when that's the truth nothing but the truth.

Last edited:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you say I am siao? Which part I said is not true or siao? Another bastard mudlander pretending to be sinkie here bashing me non-stop. Pui!

you can write beri well...but dun know how read ???.... no put on your glasses is it ???
i where got say you siao... please lah open your eyes big big and read again...
also please dun fly so high.... else the aeroplanes may lung-kar you
just like you....aeroplanes also cannot see...esp. malaysian airlines :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a filthy mudlander COWARD bully playing dirty tricks to deny with a straight face when you have been attacking me SIAO in so many threads and even said before it's my mudlander Chinese neighbours who are having a hard time having a SIAO neighbour. So your post in this thread is in line with your past posts.

Don't come and deny and play semantics with me. OK lor you so smart like my barbarian mudlander Chinese neighbours know how to play ghost firecrackers, you didn't say i SIAO OK then you come to this thread is to insinuate someone is SIAO and it's nightmare living next to the SIAO. Happy? So answer my question now: who is the someone who is SIAO?

My mudlander neighbours who played firecrackers in the morning to disturb me is SIAO? Or me who did nothing to them is SIAO? The answer is obvious but of course you mudlander Chinese have the code of honour of thieves indeed and will keep quiet when you see your fellow mudlanders do injustice to other country people, as long as not do to yourself. Not like stupid Sporean like me who will speak up against injustice for all like what I did in the past. Right? Don't bother to deny, it is proven recently in JB forum when I exposed the mudlander bastard tekkun and not a word of condemnation heard from mudlanders there on him using clones to scold and attack Sporeans.

And why do you say I fly so high? Based on what comment I make? All my posts here are the truth nothing but the truth. What's so flying high about it? Dont suka suka open your rotten mudlander mouth to slander others. Pui! Come to think of it I really didn't read carefully when you said that day in another thread that I am so filthy no one come near, I take it that you mean my filthy words but actually you are saying I am filthy instead. So let me ask you now what's filthy about me? Why you said I am filthy? Unlike you mudlanders I don't play dirty tricks and earn a honest living since day one - unlike your renowned MALAYSIAN MISTRESS BITCH of the century Mandy Lieu that I don't see any Mudlanders condemning. You mudlanders really think you have birthright to step all over me and insult and bully me don't you? Bastard mudlanders crying wolf of being victims of racial discrimination all the time. Go to hell!

you can write beri well...but dun know how read ???.... no put on your glasses is it ???
i where got say you siao... please lah open your eyes big big and read again...
also please dun fly so high.... else the aeroplanes may lung-kar you
just like you....aeroplanes also cannot see...esp. malaysian airlines :smile:

Last edited: