• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat [China/SG] Clear and Present Dangers

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Clear and Present Dangers
by dickhead Goh Meng Seng

Don't say I never "help" the nation under PAP rules hor... I have total disgust of the White Leadership now, which is screwing up our National interests by their mismanagement of foreign diplomacy but as there are lots of public interests involved here in current saga, let me put it in CLEAR and SIMPLE terms, our idiotic Prime Minister has achieved "exceptional heights" by becoming the FIRST small fry country leader to agitate the China's leadership so much so that they have finally fire the clear warning shots now.

The current "Terrex Saga" is just the Opening of the Prelude of something more sinister to come. The Chinese may or may not really interested in the technology embedded on this little state of the art APV Singapore has designed and built, but they sure get our guys in ST Kinetic, army and political leaders panic.

Our Prime Minister likes to lecture others, other countries big or small, under develop or developed countries on lots of things. He had lectured China on "Rule of Law" and you know what, if Chinese government is really going to go book by book, rule by rule in managing all the investments Singapore had made in China, do you know what will happen?

China is demonstrating, INDIRECTLY THROUGH HK, what RULE OF LAW could mean to Singapore if China wants to abide to PM Lee's unsolicited advice. on Rule of Law, anything WITHIN ITS REACH, it could just play it STRAIGHT with Rule of Law. Book by book, rule by rule.

This is showing through HK, not China yet. If PM Lee wants to be "IRON TEETH", then most probably China will escalate the "Rule of Law" to be applied to each and every investment made by GIC and Temasek plus all its GLCs!

Please remember, our GLCs aren't that clean after all where they were found to be involved in bribery cases in other countries. You want to have Rule of Law, the Middle Finger will show you what Rule of Law means to you... Not to mention thousands of Singapore businesses and Singaporeans working there in China... I really couldn't imagine what "Rule of Law" by China will do to all of us there!

That's the ultimate fear I have for Singapore. Just because of some egoistic overpaid politicians from Singapore made stupid mistakes in diplomacy, thinking that they are some big shots who could "punch above their weight", we Singaporeans will suffer.

Someone, please, shut the PM up!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My little reply to a FB friend:

(by GMS)

Do not trouble troubles before troubles trouble you. We are just a tiny red dot and we are basically, "price taker" and please, don't be brainwashed about Singapore "punching above its weight". That's a dangerous mentality to start with.

You are right to point out that LHL has been totally untactful and insensitive to big boys in the world and for goodness sake, it is the giant big boy just a few doors away!

As I have always said, if PM Lee wants to play gungho, then please make sure GIC, Temasek and all GLCs don't invest over hundreds of billions in China! Then we can talk big against China.

It is a realistic world out there. There are many ways to skin a cat and as the top leader of a tiny island, there is no need for him to stand in the frontline. That's utter stupid strategy. No army will send their Generals right to the frontline to cheong hill!

In political terms, you need a gateway to do u turn without losing much face. But if the top political leader like PM Lee just said something wrong, then WHO in his cabinet or civil service, would dare to correct him PUBLICLY?

Something is best left to be said by others, not the PM! Look at how China conducts their political sparring!! Our PM went harping like a monkey, but Xi kept quiet. Li Premier kept quiet. They sent a RETIRED general, a researcher or even just a spokesman to answer and respond to questions!

Whatever China is unhappy about Singapore, their leaders will not say them out loud in public places, not on public records. That to them, will lower their status. They used their mouth piece tabloids to do the dirty jobs!

PM Lee is just amateurish in the eyes of all these seasoned professional politicians. Someone in Cabinet should put a gag on him!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just have this feeling that it all started by mrt. A fool taught he can use trick to force PRC. PRC are best in art of war and such silly trick can't fool them. We made them lose face. So it's time for them to make us lose face. Just keep quiet and swallow or there will be more disruption.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just have this feeling that it all started by mrt. A fool taught he can use trick to force PRC. PRC are best in art of war and such silly trick can't fool them. We made them lose face. So it's time for them to make us lose face. Just keep quiet and swallow or there will be more disruption.

PRC is stalemating the geopolitical war with the mighty USA. No small potatoes. Small fry SG want to makan them? PRC will whack SG no different from using a flyswatter

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
More GMS:

Some people think that we should unite and stand together up against the "bully" of China.

I don't really agree. I always believe in fighting for righteous war, not a war of unwarranted aggression fueled by some politicians' ambition. Fight for Glory and Moral high ground, not Greed and Monetary returns. Definitely not to defend stupidity, stupid leaders and idiotic leadership.

My patriotism belongs to our Country, a Nation of upright morals and a people of good reasoning, not blind moronic cult-like worship. If our reasons are right with high moral grounds, I would die for the Nation and its cause even if we are overwhelmed and outnumbered. I would lay down my arms, even if we are much superior than the supposed enemy but we lack good sense, good reasons and morals in waging such wars.

Good Sensible Leadership is important and critical to the Nation because it determines the morals, and core values of the Nation. Would you die for a crook, evil, devilish and ambitiously selfish leaders just because he happens to be leading the Nation? Fighting for the Nation under his leadership without questioning? I can't. I can never do that.

In fact, in this aspect, it is our lousy leaders who have created all these silly mess. We have warned and many others have warned them, do not play with fire, do not walk towards the hell fire, but they did. Are you going to jump with him into that hell fire?

Beside, as far as we can see, our SAF is in the wrong. Don't blame other people, like the freight forwarders or such. Engaging a commercial shipping company which carry one of your most important military assets across all the ports like that is already a big boo boo. It doesn't make any difference whether you have proper documentation or not. If you file the documents proper, you will be telling those whom you don't wish to poke or peek into these sensitive high tech, state of the art military assets to know where these assets are!

Rule of law, applies all around, not only on things you fancy and just wish it doesn't apply on things you don't fancy! That would the biggest irony of talking big on Rule of Law!

We have been checkmated by China. Period. Our highly paid Ministers and Civil servants and Army Generals, have screwed it up extremely badly and don't blame others of bullying us. That's cry baby mentality. This world is the dog eat dog world. If you are not careful, you will lose big.

Unite against China? On what basis? Didn't our great PM Lee just told them to respect Rule of Law? They are doing precisely that!

Most people talk with thinking of covering their own backside. That's the result we get from such arrogant and stupid leaders who think they know better but the best part is what they do not know, they are idiots.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The original message was titled "A reply to my little facebook friend", but GMS was roundly flamed for it, so he deleted and replaced with this:

---

My little reply to a FB friend:

Do not trouble troubles before troubles trouble you. We are just a tiny red dot and we are basically, "price taker" and please, don't be brainwashed about Singapore "punching above its weight". That's a dangerous mentality to start with.

You are right to point out that LHL has been totally untactful and insensitive to big boys in the world and for goodness sake, it is the giant big boy just a few doors away!

As I have always said, if PM Lee wants to play gungho, then please make sure GIC, Temasek and all GLCs don't invest over hundreds of billions in China! Then we can talk big against China.

It is a realistic world out there. There are many ways to skin a cat and as the top leader of a tiny island, there is no need for him to stand in the frontline. That's utter stupid strategy. No army will send their Generals right to the frontline to cheong hill!

In political terms, you need a gateway to do u turn without losing much face. But if the top political leader like PM Lee just said something wrong, then WHO in his cabinet or civil service, would dare to correct him PUBLICLY?

Something is best left to be said by others, not the PM! Look at how China conducts their political sparring!! Our PM went harping like a monkey, but Xi kept quiet. Li Premier kept quiet. They sent a RETIRED general, a researcher or even just a spokesman to answer and respond to questions!

Whatever China is unhappy about Singapore, their leaders will not say them out loud in public places, not on public records. That to them, will lower their status. They used their mouth piece tabloids to do the dirty jobs!

PM Lee is just amateurish in the eyes of all these seasoned professional politicians. Someone in Cabinet should put a gag on him!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thought of the Day
by GMS

I didn't want to put up this lecture for PM Lee and his lackeys initially but after talking to some of my close friends, well, here it is:

A Chinese History for PM Lee and his useless Ministers

In Ancient China, they did not call themselves "Middle Kingdom" or “中国” but refer themselves to 天朝 (literally means Dynasty of Heaven) or just their respective Dynasties' names or simply their states' names if they are not united as one Dynasty. i.e. Tang Dynasty, Qing Dynasty, Ming Dynasty etc.

“中国” is used only in modern times after the last dynasty, Qing Dynasty fell and it turned into a republic. In fact, it is a short form of the full Chinese name of China, aka ”中华人民共和国“ i.e. People's Republic of China; by using the first and last characters of the full name.

Whoever gave PM Lee the idea that “中国” means "Middle Kingdom"? Apparently PM Lee didn't study traditional Chinese history written in Chinese but just some rojak history written by Westerners!

The character “中” refers to “中华” (or "中原华夏") which refers to the Central Plain (中原) of the Yellow River (黄河) where the Hans tribe (汉族, which they refer their civilization as 华夏文明) which forms the bulk of the population in China, started, the cradle of the Chinese Han tribe/civilization.

While the ancient Chinese might think that this is the "Central of the Earth" but such thinking of an evolving civilization is not new. The Roman Empire, Egyptian Empire, Greek Empire etc, all thought that they were central of the universe!

The Ancient Chinese took pride in their own culture and civilization back then, regard themselves as the most advanced civilization on Earth while others are still "barbarians". But in modern times, after the humiliating defeat of the Qing Dynasty to the combined forces of 8 countries as well as Japan in WWII, the Chinese no longer think that they are the most advanced civilization on Earth anymore.

It is still a huge country with great ambition, especially with the rise of President Xi's vision of "China Dream", but I do not think there is any notion of "Middle Kingdom" in any sense at all.

So I am really puzzled how on Earth could PM Lee cook up that "Middle Kingdom" discourse! Was he misled or influenced by some other people with agenda?

The unwarranted insinuation of China being a big bully, will of course, inevitably antagonize China!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its what happens when u are a dictator of a tiny regime for nearly 50 years,u tend to develop a sense of invicibility and infallible godlikeness.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;pjY2V-3QzH4]https://youtu.be/pjY2V-3QzH4[/video]

Views from another Taiwan Channel (supporter of Green DDP Party's).

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I might not see eye to eye with gms on many issues but this is one I totally agree.

Lhl was probably hoping the 2 giants will compete for regional influence here and put sinkieland in the position to reap the benefits. But for don't know what reasons he started to lean too much towards the American and Japanese.

It backfired badly. Not only China is telling sinkieland to obey the law and helping Malaysia build port. In doing so they are also sending the message to lhl that there is no such thing as 'center of southeast Asia' and there are many routes and ports for them to choose.

Ironically it Malaysia a country with direct Territorial dispute with china that stands to benefit most from the fallout.

Vivien balakrishnan what sort of advice are you dishing out to our dear Pm?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

PRC has 5000 years of civilisation. Singapore has 50years of history. LHL thinks he can teach China how to suck eggs

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
None of these screw ups would have happened if Bilahari Kausikan was still in charge.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I might not see eye to eye with gms on many issues but this is one I totally agree.

Lhl was probably hoping the 2 giants will compete for regional influence here and put sinkieland in the position to reap the benefits. But for don't know what reasons he started to lean too much towards the American and Japanese.

It backfired badly. Not only China is telling sinkieland to obey the law and helping Malaysia build port. In doing so they are also sending the message to lhl that there is no such thing as 'center of southeast Asia' and there are many routes and ports for them to choose.

Ironically it Malaysia a country with direct Territorial dispute with china that stands to benefit most from the fallout.

Vivien balakrishnan what sort of advice are you dishing out to our dear Pm?

Under Clinton, US and China will certainly compete for regional influence. Under Trump it is much less certain. LHL appears to be making incredibly misplaced remarks at a time of heightened uncertainty. The latest episode involving the AFVs will cause even further deterioration in China-SG relations and we will be marginalized not just by China but also by almost everyone else in the region trying to make sense out of an uncertain situation. It does not pay at this point in time to go against China.

LHL has put SG in the worst possible situation possible.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PRC has 5000 years of civilisation. Singapore has 50years of history. LHL thinks he can teach China how to suck eggs

What matters is the present moment - NOW. China is in an advantageous position with a Trump Presidency. LHL has played both sides wrong and now Singapore will pay dearly. SG will be marginalized by everyone in the region.