• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat She asked me why I went drinking again

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
never tried asahi black... guinness is the real drink for stout drinkers :smile:
years back, they do have a guinness light at $6.50 a pint; happy hour 1-for1, another no horse run :smile:

these days, this place here... is really a KNS for beer lovers..

Had this two days ago, pretty good, creamy and bitter

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had this two days ago, pretty good, creamy and bitter

Sir, I am very very honored to have your post in this thread. You have been a veteran here and I hope you will talk more with us.
This is the happiest thing that happened to me today.

I know your heart is still with us, judging from your emergency posts last night and when Thai King passed on.

Many like a good beer,
but few will understand why we wanna fill our empty hearts with it.

I wish you well.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have this every morning. pretty good.

image.jpg

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

shared with her your post last night
She got class, she said you are referring to this nice song.

[video=youtube;Og7JS8mcp3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7JS8mcp3c[/video]

I heard before but never know the song's name. Good one bro.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shared with her your post last night
She got class, she said you are referring to this nice song.

I heard before but never know the song's name. Good one bro.

hopefully she and you are reconciled with the lovely tune from scarborough fair.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
FernvaleDK and JurongDK just asked me for drinks on Wednesday, ladies' night.

The discussion will be about getting the better returns for our CPF OA.
One of them is as good as Mr Leong Sze Hian.
still thinking if AsiaDK should go with them because AsiaDK don't have not much money left in OA after using them for my residential property.

if i tell her i am going drinking on Ladies' Night to discuss about CPF OA investment, will she believe?:o

JurongDK brought along a lady who was the oldest among us. She was talking most of the time, an practicing auditor who could give good inputs to our discussion topic. However, I could feel that she was very nervous about herself. She asked me everything about my family and love life and I replied, however she avoided my questions repeatedly about her kids several time.

So in the end, I teased her with an overseas name card since she was so secretive - same name, just different identity. I have two name cards, one that represents my Singapore employer and another that represents my employer's associated company in US. That was the first time I gave a Singaporean my overseas namecard to tease her, because I know her curiosity will prompt her to dig further into my background.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drinking is a necessity. Or we will dehydrate. Nobody has to ask why one is drinking. It is a personal right.

Cheers!

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night, they talked about getting Hyflux 6%pa Preference Share issued in 2011 (SGX Code: N2H) with my CPF OA money.
N2H is the only Hyflux Preference Share that is approved for CPF OA Investment.

It might be due for be redeemed by Hyflux 17 months later.
6%pa yield = 8.5% for 17 months
It is currently traded at 7.5% discount at price 92.5.
8.5% + 7.5% = 16%.
I will get total 16% in 17 months, which translates to 9.4%pa.

My JurongDK warned that if Hyflux don't redeem them 15 months later, the yield will increase to 8% from April 2018.
8 divide by 92.5 = 8.65%

So after April 2018, I enjoy 8.65%pa based on current purchase price.

Not sure if this is useful, I am just sharing what I heard last night.

Last edited:

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then FernvaleDk shared with me that his bank implementing "false" leave. Give them something like 3 more days of leave.

Imagine you are the corrupted 1MDB banker in the private bank. One day, you are on leave and the colleague covering you found your shit. So, many of such people are actually fearful of having others covering their work when on leave.

Such "false" leaves are now known as compliance-leave in banks.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
FernvaleDK also shared with us of a method to cook the balance sheets for companies with weaker cashflows.

Many big local companies suffer from negative cashflow now and property prices are weaker now. To make ends meet, they setup a shell subsidiary and bargain for a cheap newly-acquired industrial property that is suitable for their own use (eg. pay $5million for $5.5million valuation).

Immediately, this shell company is transferred to a bank or finance company and get reimbursed $5.5million. As a result, the big company get a $500K lifeline which boosts their Profits and Cashflow. However, they are obliged to take up a 7-10years rental with that bank or finance company. The directors are the guarantors of this lease. Overnight, the company looks very healthy and the $500K buys them time to survive the slowdown but the lease commitment strains them in the years ahead.

Many years ago, AirAsia is known to purchase their fleets at bargain prices by placing large order. Then the planes are sold to leasing companies for an immediate capital gain and AirAsia commits to lease back the planes for their own use. Today, the same concept is used by larger local companies who needs some quick immediate relief for their cashflow.