• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singapore Is In Deep Trouble

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just did some reading on one belt one road project, to be fair to LHL although I dislike him too - Xi jinping proposed this project for their country development and it was unveiled in September 2013 - so it was before recent insults LHL heaped on China.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Belt,_One_Road

One belt one road project has been on. But recently China has put pressure on LHL. It will get worse! let us see whether LHL can cope with China's pressure. Overall, it will be bad for SG in the next few years

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wish you are right that SG is still doing well. Malls may be packed because of free aircon which is a respite from the humid weather. Packed malls may not translate into high retail sales

But Singkies voted for the pappies overwhelmingly..so they r doing well

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One belt one road project has been on. But recently China has put pressure on LHL. It will get worse! let us see whether LHL can cope with China's pressure. Overall, it will be bad for SG in the next few years

Maybe it's the other way round. Not how the Taiwan and China media put it that Spore has been pushing TPP etc and irritating China and that's why China buay song. It's this one belt one road project proposed in 2013 that's going to sideline Spore and that's why Spore has to support TPP and USA on the South China sea dispute strongly since China's ambition for OBOR is not congruent with Spore's interest. The insults LHL heaped on China are not the main thing. China's ambitions should not be overlooked, we cannot everything blame on LHL.

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The OBOR is an open and transparent trade deals open to countries who are interested
while the tpp deals are negotiated in dark secrecy which indicates that PM Lee Hsien Loong has hidden agenda.

The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road
also known as The Belt and Road (abbreviated B&R), One Belt, One Road (abbreviated OBOR)
or the Belt and Road Initiative is a development strategy and framework,
proposed by Chinese paramount leader Xi Jinping that focuses on connectivity and cooperation among countries
primarily between the People's Republic of China and the rest of Eurasia, which consists of two main components,
the land-based "Silk Road Economic Belt" (SREB) and oceangoing "Maritime Silk Road" (MSR).

The strategy underlines China's push to take a bigger role in global affairs, and its need for priority capacity cooperation in areas such as steel manufacturing.

It was unveiled in September and October 2013 in announcements revealing the SREB and MSR, respectively.
It was also promoted by Premier Li Keqiang during the State visit in Asia and Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Belt,_One_Road

The TPP began as an expansion of the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement (TPSEP or P4) signed by Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, and Singapore in 2005.
Beginning in 2008, additional countries joined the discussion for a broader agreement: Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, United States, and Vietnam,
bringing the total number of countries participating in the negotiations to twelve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This OBOR will benefit many countries but not Spore as it will mean China's goods can bypass Straits of Malacca and reach Europe, middle East and Africa by land or by sea from other ports. The China Pakistan part of OBOR will also allow China to import oil direct by pipes from Iran via Pakistan and no need to ship through Straits of Malacca and Spore. So Spore will be sidelined isn't it? What benefits can Spore get from OBOR? If only kena sidelined with no benefits, no wonder Spore have to side with USA on TPP etc.

"An estimated $1 trillion in goods is shipped through the Straits of Malacca and Singapore 2013, corresponding to an average of over $2.7 billion each day.
The yearly estimate of $1 trillion includes a large part of:
China’s merchandise trade with Europe ($428 billion in 2013), with the Middle East countries ($238 billion in 2013) and with Africa ($210 billion in 2013);

Japan’s merchandise trade with Europe ($168 billion in 2013), with the Middle East ($187 billion 2012) and Africa ($31 billion 2012);
Republic of Korea’s trade with Europe ($76 billion 2013), with Middle East countries ($124 billion 2013), with Africa (approx $20 billion 2013).
Nearly all of this is transported by ship through the Straits of Malacca.
15.2 million barrels a day (2013) of oil pass through the Straits of Malacca
4.2 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas
The Strait of Malacca carries 80% of the oil imports of China, Japan and South Korean."

http://www.physicaleconomy.com/node/28

The OBOR is an open and transparent trade deals open to countries who are interested
while the tpp deals are negotiated in dark secrecy which indicates that PM Lee Hsien Loong has hidden agenda.

The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road
also known as The Belt and Road (abbreviated B&R), One Belt, One Road (abbreviated OBOR)
or the Belt and Road Initiative is a development strategy and framework,
proposed by Chinese paramount leader Xi Jinping that focuses on connectivity and cooperation among countries
primarily between the People's Republic of China and the rest of Eurasia, which consists of two main components,
the land-based "Silk Road Economic Belt" (SREB) and oceangoing "Maritime Silk Road" (MSR).

The strategy underlines China's push to take a bigger role in global affairs, and its need for priority capacity cooperation in areas such as steel manufacturing.

It was unveiled in September and October 2013 in announcements revealing the SREB and MSR, respectively.
It was also promoted by Premier Li Keqiang during the State visit in Asia and Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Belt,_One_Road

The TPP began as an expansion of the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement (TPSEP or P4) signed by Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, and Singapore in 2005.
Beginning in 2008, additional countries joined the discussion for a broader agreement: Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, United States, and Vietnam,
bringing the total number of countries participating in the negotiations to twelve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

Last edited:

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This OBOR will benefit many countries but not Spore as it will mean China's goods can bypass Straits of Malacca and reach Europe, middle East and Africa by land or by sea from other ports. The China Pakistan part of OBOR will also allow China to import oil direct by pipes from Iran via Pakistan and no need to ship through Straits of Malacca and Spore. So Spore will be sidelined isn't it? What benefits can Spore get from OBOR? If only kena sidelined with no benefits, no wonder Spore have to side with USA on TPP etc.

"An estimated $1 trillion in goods is shipped through the Straits of Malacca and Singapore 2013, corresponding to an average of over $2.7 billion each day.
The yearly estimate of $1 trillion includes a large part of:
China’s merchandise trade with Europe ($428 billion in 2013), with the Middle East countries ($238 billion in 2013) and with Africa ($210 billion in 2013);

Japan’s merchandise trade with Europe ($168 billion in 2013), with the Middle East ($187 billion 2012) and Africa ($31 billion 2012);
Republic of Korea’s trade with Europe ($76 billion 2013), with Middle East countries ($124 billion 2013), with Africa (approx $20 billion 2013).
Nearly all of this is transported by ship through the Straits of Malacca.
15.2 million barrels a day (2013) of oil pass through the Straits of Malacca
4.2 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas
The Strait of Malacca carries 80% of the oil imports of China, Japan and South Korean."

http://www.physicaleconomy.com/node/28

What you just mentioned reflects the PAP's Elitist Entitlement Mindset. https://singaporealternatives.blogspot.nl/2015/12/paps-elitist-entitlement-mindset-and.html

No one is stopping lhl from doing the same.

Its up to the individual leader's capabilities, abilities, intelligence and competence and
not high salary that speaks volumes.

Yes, the World is watching! Very intently!
lhl's constant whining, complaining, insulting China is not going to get anything accomplished.

China don't owe lhl a living.

Anyone can bypass Straits of Malacca if it makes economic sense.
Anyone can do whatever they like with their own resources like oil, and raw materials,
they want to ship where and fly where, its their own resources and their own money.

I mean lhl is free to do the same with his own resources.

Economics benefits is a two way traffic not a one way traffic like what Singapore is doing, paying lhl sky high salary
while the citizens have to struggle with low pay and high competition.

What is lhl expecting?
Everything on a silver platter and go smoothly like what he has been used to when lky was around?

tpp must have been a dammed dirty trade deal that why the USA wants to pull out of tpp.
No one force USA to pull out.
tpp is not a good trade deal for the USA so better pull out now than regret later.

lhl expects everyone must give him face like all his cronies in Singapore?

It is leader like PM LHL that would destroy Singapore, ASEAN and the World Trade.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am concerned with Spore losing port and whatever related business aka jobs and livelihood and you said that's elitist entitlement mindset? Then did you call Donald trump protecting American jobs as elitist entitlement mindset? If really no one owe anybody any living, why are people supporting Donald Trump's call to bring back jobs to Americans? Just let those jobs go wherever cheaper, better, faster lah. And it's not USA want to stop TPP like you said but only Trump wants to stop TPP. So whats damned dirty about TPP that you said it must have been that's why USA wants to pull out? Before Trump it's not damned dirty but after Trump it becomes damned dirty - don't you want to know why the change - before concluding it's really damned dirty? Becos Trump said no good means no good? And isn't this TPP driven by USA all along. It's not LHL driving it. So why you say LHL expect everybody - meaning including USA - needs to give face to him? The TPP being withdrawn is a reflection of USA, not Spore or LHL.

Anyway my point is don't just take Taiwan and China media words wholesale and blame China's behaviour on Spore or LHL for everything. Don't disregard China's ambitions and think it must be good for Spore becos others countries are sucking up to them now and we do the same means we can get the same benefits when these countries don't have any port business while we have. We are not in the same position as them. I am not sure how important is this port business to Spore but it should be fairly important for Sporeans to be concerned of jobs and livelihood. But of course we can always try to reinvent or further develop other business to replace any shortfall due to this.

What you just mentioned reflects the PAP's Elitist Entitlement Mindset. https://singaporealternatives.blogspot.nl/2015/12/paps-elitist-entitlement-mindset-and.html

No one is stopping lhl from doing the same.

Its up to the individual leader's capabilities, abilities, intelligence and competence and
not high salary that speaks volumes.

Yes, the World is watching! Very intently!
lhl's constant whining, complaining, insulting China is not going to get anything accomplished.

China don't owe lhl a living.

Anyone can bypass Straits of Malacca if it makes economic sense.
Anyone can do whatever they like with their own resources like oil, and raw materials,
they want to ship where and fly where, its their own resources and their own money.

I mean lhl is free to do the same with his own resources.

Economics benefits is a two way traffic not a one way traffic like what Singapore is doing, paying lhl sky high salary
while the citizens have to struggle with low pay and high competition.

What is lhl expecting?
Everything on a silver platter and go smoothly like what he has been used to when lky was around?

tpp must have been a dammed dirty trade deal that why the USA wants to pull out of tpp.
No one force USA to pull out.
tpp is not a good trade deal for the USA so better pull out now than regret later.

lhl expects everyone must give him face like all his cronies in Singapore?

It is leader like PM LHL that would destroy Singapore, ASEAN and the World Trade.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may not agree with some comments, but you are absolutely right!

PM has low EQ!

Ask his sister and those who knew him well.
:biggrin:

LHL has low EQ, is arrogant and proud. He comes across as a spoilt kid. He needs someone to humble him

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So is China still looking into building the Kra Isthmus canal or will the new Silk road achieve the same purpose:confused:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Building Kra canal is a matter of time.

SG is dead! No thanks to the idiotic LHL

read my past posts 2 years ago. I actually predicted it and yet alot of sinkies were nay sayers etc and in denial. anyway problem is the sheer arrogance of the SAF, MIW, diplomats, shitty times etc. I still remember almost fellout of my chair laughing when the shitty time reports that a certain MIW arrogantly said the russian could learn from singapore its advancement in science and technology!!!! this and all the stupid arrogant jokes abot beijing smoke (in front of USA senators no less) and all the bragging gets you no where. even the simple robber at holland village that ran off to thailand, our MIW and useless poodles wre bragging they would extradiate immediately that canadian robber as if thailand is a colony of singapore. Now almost half a year later and o news and the thais have basically tell these people to FO as they have no say alll in in their jurisdiction. the sinkies telling China how to run a their business in the south china seas as if they are the over lords. now this embarrassing thing is furtehr compunded by the arrogant SAF general taht they would get back their terrexes expedediioustly!!!(as if they were issuing an order to the PLA). hahhah. my guess is that the PLA would let these crap sit and rusts for at least 6 to 10 months and keep the SAF team waiting and waiting and make them look like fools.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
read my past posts 2 years ago. I actually predicted it and yet alot of sinkies were nay sayers etc and in denial. anyway problem is the sheer arrogance of the SAF, MIW, diplomats, shitty times etc. I still remember almost fellout of my chair laughing when the shitty time reports that a certain MIW arrogantly said the russian could learn from singapore its advancement in science and technology!!!! this and all the stupid arrogant jokes abot beijing smoke (in front of USA senators no less) and all the bragging gets you no where. even the simple robber at holland village that ran off to thailand, our MIW and useless poodles wre bragging they would extradiate immediately that canadian robber as if thailand is a colony of singapore. Now almost half a year later and o news and the thais have basically tell these people to FO as they have no say alll in in their jurisdiction. the sinkies telling China how to run a their business in the south china seas as if they are the over lords. now this embarrassing thing is furtehr compunded by the arrogant SAF general taht they would get back their terrexes expedediioustly!!!(as if they were issuing an order to the PLA). hahhah. my guess is that the PLA would let these crap sit and rusts for at least 6 to 10 months and keep the SAF team waiting and waiting and make them look like fools.

you seems to like to point out the 2 years ago post of yours..

show the link lah.. since you want us to honoured you due to your enlightened and far-sighted view which is soooo unsinkified.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks. We need more singaporeans like you who are wise and discerning. LHL is a big idiot who makes silly jokes abt China and thinks the Universe revolves around SG. We are headed for trouble

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
now this embarrassing thing is furtehr compunded by the arrogant SAF general taht they would get back their terrexes expedediioustly!!!(as if they were issuing an order to the PLA). hahhah. my guess is that the PLA would let these crap sit and rusts for at least 6 to 10 months and keep the SAF team waiting and waiting and make them look like fools.

LHL can do nothing abt the detention of the terrexes. If they are shipped without proper documents, China has a good reason to detain them and embarrass SG. Apparently, LHL didnt follow rule of law