• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Terrex AFV confiscation in HKG: The Implications and Revelations

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even our friends the Taiwanese has shut up. So much for their support. They should be coming out and condemning the seizure by China and telling China to fuck off and mind their own business because any military co-operation is between themselves and us. Instead, not a squeak from them other then to deny that the 9 Terrexes does not belong to them. Thanks for the back stab, you Taiwanese whores.

and risk their charbo Prez get fucked instead???

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you expect to successfully propagate a war or defend the island when you cannot get a simple thing like this straight any more?
In my humble opinion, the East Asian "elite" powers that be are just scaremongering the rest of East Asia, in order to test our reaction and also to stress/distress us to prevent/distract us from producing more babies! :wink:

Also, I suspect that if the PRC government even starts to attempt to physically and financially hurt Singapore in any significant way, Beijing and Shanghai will face the full wrath of Japan! :eek:

This is because, as I've mentioned before:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?237975-Next-four-years-America-would-not-even-bother-with-Singapore&p=2537761#post2537761
...in the eyes of the Japanese "elite" ruling class, Singapore has always been, and will always be:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Syonan-To
(i.e. 昭南島, Shōnan-tō, meaning "Light of the South")

So even if the whole world abandons Syonan-To, I doubt Japan would abandon their beloved "Light of the South". :p

If the USA really abandons both Northeast and Southeast Asia, I suspect there is a good chance that Japan will rearm themselves (including buying, or even manufacturing, their own nuclear weapons! :eek:), just like what Germany did nearly a century ago:
wikipedia.org/wiki/German_re-armament

After that, Japan's:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Maritime_Self-Defense_Force
will revert to their glorious:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Japanese_Navy
Even their Naval Ensigns are the same:

Naval Ensign of Japan
900px-Naval_Ensign_of_Japan.svg.png

Naval Ensign of the Empire of Japan
900px-Naval_ensign_of_the_Empire_of_Japan.svg.png
And of course, never underestimate Japan's very own "element of surprise", i.e. the spirit:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushido
of their:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai

and their:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze
wikipedia.org/wiki/Banzai_charge

[video=youtube;4crA5cntE8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4crA5cntE8M[/video]

attachment.php
And in my opinion again, the Japanese military are superior to the U.S. military, and can only be defeated if both China and the USA gang up to attack Japan, like what happened during the last few years of World War 2.
Otherwise, if it's just a one-on-one between Japan and China or between Japan and the USA, Japan will probably win, especially since it's a:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_nuclear_weapon_program#De_facto_nuclear_state
wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_latency
("Nuclear latency is the condition of a country possessing the technology to quickly build nuclear weapons, without having actually yet done so. Because such latent capability is not proscribed by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, this is sometimes called the "Japan Option" (as a work-around to the treaty), as Japan is a clear case of a country with complete technical prowess to develop a nuclear weapon quickly, or as it is sometimes called "being one screwdriver's turn" from the bomb, as Japan is considered to have the materials, expertise and technical capacity to make a nuclear bomb at will.")

which is why I doubt China will actually dare to significantly hurt Japan and/or any of Japan's allies, such as, and especially, Singapore! :wink:

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I assure you that if Old fart was still around, this incident would not have happened. The Chinese would have given face to him and quietly put the AFVs back on the ship. But Gay Loong is not Old fart and does not have his international stature and reputation. And Vivian the Chindian is not Rajaratnam. I wonder if the world leaders even take Gay loong seriously, likely, they think he is the Prime Minister only because he is the son of Old Fart and did not earn his position or won it by merit. I think this will encourage other countries to fuck with the PAP as they have now seen how stupid and impotent they can be.

......... great high time these papigs earn their salary instead of gaji buta

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the news from Taiwan, the custom received a tip-off that there were military weapons on board. And according to HK laws, it's an offence for any ship carrying military weapons to enter the port. If it was accidental, and the vessel was there to load more containers at the port, it would not have been necessary at all for the vessel to unload the tanks.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the news from Taiwan, the custom received a tip-off that there were military weapons on board. And according to HK laws, it's an offence for any ship carrying military weapons to enter the port. If it was accidental, and the vessel was there to load more containers at the port, it would not have been necessary at all for the vessel to unload the tanks.

Those terrex needs to be offloaded if they need to discharge the containers below. Once everything completes the terrex can then be loaded back to the vessel. In shipping line this is called 'landing and reship'.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

there is a report that the ship stopped over in Xiamen first. then proceeded to HKG. At Xiamen, chinese agents noticed the Terrex on the ship but did not confiscate it there, they waited till it reached HKG and then ordered the HKG customs to do it. having HKG confiscate it looks better in the international eyes then the Chinese. But in any case, it was really stupid to route a cargo of military equipment through 2 chinese controlled ports. So, nothing accidental about it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Those terrex needs to be offloaded if they need to discharge the containers below. Once everything completes the terrex can then be loaded back to the vessel. In shipping line this is called 'landing and reship'.

That is the problem. Once they are
offloaded, then they are on chinese soil. Even though the intention is to re-load them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It not difficult to obtain info on the terrex shipment. Whenever a vessel berth at the port, they need to submit the bayplan to the port operator. Even if the containers are meant for transit, their detail like the gross weight, content. Port of load, Port of destination and even photos of the cargos need to be submitted..if saf equipments had been transitting chinese ports from taiwan, surely China is well awared of it long ago.

This would not pose a problem if either taiwan or sinkieland maintain good relationship with China. But now both tsai and lhl screwed up relation with prc, there is no longer any need for China to close one eye.

Having said so, it quite likely the terrex was held back on the technical ground of incompete declarations.

On the Macro side, we have find ourselves more isolated at any point since Independent as we have wrongly hedge on USA against China and USA is going to abandon us soon. At the same time we are not on very cordial relation with China. I don't think lhl has much bargaining power with either Trump or Xi. Making enemies everywhere is bad diplomatic blunder. Not only lhl but his foreign minister Vivien balakrishnan got themselves to blame for our situation.

Yeah, i think that in fact, SAF shipments have been transiting through chinese controlled ports for a while, and it was not a problem before. China has known for a long time about SAF Starlight exercise in taiwan and have kept quiet about it and kept a blind eye. If it was the US doing starlight with Taiwan, they would have made an almighty big stink about it.

but given the chilly diplomatic conditions between Singapore and China now, was it at all wise to ship sensitive and significant miliary equipment through chinese ports? the answer is clearly no. Its pretty much further antagonizing the chinese by rubbing the fact that we have military ties with Taiwan in their face. They should have gone out of their way to avoid stopping anywhere in china, and show the chinese some face. Either the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Vivian the Chindian completely mis-read the current mood of the chinese, or they knew the level of chinese irritation with us, but did not bother to inform MINDEF. MINDEF, carrying on business as usual uses APL which they have always used before. But unlike in the past, they cannot control APL. I supposed when NOL owned APL, such a mistake discovered enroute to singapore could have been contained by the company head office asking the captain of the APL vessel to directly proceed to singapore and separately compensate the customers for late delivery. Is there such a thing?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Singapore should seize this opportunity to cuddle up to China and give the middle finger to trump and USA,america is becoming more and more economically redundant by the day but still important enough we should have some side investments in them.but otherwise,we should join forces with duterte and the rest of asia,china and russia,africa and india in kicking that useless whore to the curb.

let trump have his victory,the white supremacists are merely celebrating the last days of their eminence......from here on its all downhill for them.they can retreat back to the isolationist hobbit hole where they came from.

There is a third alternative, I will start a thread on it one day when I have the time.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, i think that in fact, SAF shipments have been transiting through chinese controlled ports for a while, and it was not a problem before. China has known for a long time about SAF Starlight exercise in taiwan and have kept quiet about it and kept a blind eye. If it was the US doing starlight with Taiwan, they would have made an almighty big stink about it.

but given the chilly diplomatic conditions between Singapore and China now, was it at all wise to ship sensitive and significant miliary equipment through chinese ports? the answer is clearly no. Its pretty much further antagonizing the chinese by rubbing the fact that we have military ties with Taiwan in their face. They should have gone out of their way to avoid stopping anywhere in china, and show the chinese some face. Either the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Vivian the Chindian completely mis-read the current mood of the chinese, or they knew the level of chinese irritation with us, but did not bother to inform MINDEF. MINDEF, carrying on business as usual uses APL which they have always used before. But unlike in the past, they cannot control APL. I supposed when NOL owned APL, such a mistake discovered enroute to singapore could have been contained by the company head office asking the captain of the APL vessel to directly proceed to singapore and separately compensate the customers for late delivery. Is there such a thing?

No such arrangement. Certain goods are time critical and don't think any shipping line would entertain such requests. All containers for respective port are pre- planned in the sequence of their port call. For example if a vessel were to berth in the sequence of hk-vn-sg. It would be logical to stack those containers for hk discharge at the top tiers and Vietnam in the middle and sg Containers at bottom. Of course this is the general rules as the planners still need to factor in the load and balancing and other operational constraints..

We are fuck this time if China were to play the hardball by banning any vessel carrying starlight ex cargo from berthing. By then saf will need to use their own vessel or special charter a commercial vessel which either case won't be cist effective. Maybe by then they will need to give up roc training Base.

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my humble opinion, the East Asian "elite" powers that be are just scaremongering the rest of East Asia, in order to test our reaction and also to stress/distress us to prevent/distract us from producing more babies! :wink:

Also, I suspect that if the PRC government even starts to attempt to physically and financially hurt Singapore in any significant way, Beijing and Shanghai will face the full wrath of Japan! :eek:

which is why I doubt China will actually dare to significantly hurt Japan and/or any of Japan's allies, such as, and especially, Singapore! :wink:

Who can forget the brutality of the barbarian Japanese who murder, rape and tortures chinese, malay, indians, eurasian and other asian countries.
Some of them may be your relatives or ancestors.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
No such arrangement. Certain goods are time critical and don't think any shipping line would entertain such requests. All containers for respective port are pre- planned in the sequence of their port call. For example if a vessel were to berth in the sequence of hk-vn-sg. It would be logical to stack those containers for hk discharge at the top tiers and Vietnam in the middle and sg Containers at bottom. Of course this is the general rules as the planners still need to factor in the load and balancing and other operational constraints..

We are fuck this time if China were to play the hardball by banning any vessel carrying starlight ex cargo from berthing. By then saf will need to use their own vessel or special charter a commercial vessel which either case won't be cist effective. Maybe by then they will need to give up roc training Base.

Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible that on the manifest, the Terrex were stated as Singapore Army property, but some one spotted the Taiwanese license plate on them and decided that it was suspicious? Decades ago, We used to ship out tanks and APC to taiwan onboard the RSN LST. I don't know why we don't use our Endeavour class ship to do it. what is the point of buy them if this is not the purpose to use them?

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible that on the manifest, the Terrex were stated as Singapore Army property, but some one spotted the Taiwanese license plate on them and decided that it was suspicious? Decades ago, We used to ship out tanks and APC to taiwan onboard the RSN LST. I don't know why we don't use our Endeavour class ship to do it. what is the point of buy them if this is not the purpose to use them?

Bro Papsmearer, my apologies on the graphics in your thread, just have to wake up that japanese dog flatarse fellow.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Must be cheaper to ship by alibaba express then to send a entire list crew on Taiwan jiak Hong.