• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie calls out Prime Ministar's gabrament for wayang

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently there have been many anti-terrorism drills conducted all over Zikapore.

DPM Teo emphasized the need for Sinkies to be prepared to be terrorised by Islamist groups.

Is Zikapore really facing the possibility of more terrorist attacks or are the recent drills just to get Sinkies distracted from economic troubles plaguing the city-state and the dismal performance of the PAP gabrament?

You decide which is which after reading the following letter to The Straits Times' Forum:

I returned to Singapore last night and was the first at the baggage carousel at Changi Airport after clearing immigration checks.

There was no one at that carousel, but an unattended bag was right next to it.

I immediately signalled to Customs officers who had had a clear view of that bag all that while. But they did not take any action.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, I went to the Cisco officer guarding the exit. She came to look at the bag and called her senior and the airport police on the phone. I was told no one responded to her.

I dialled 999 but no one answered my call after two minutes of ringing. Meanwhile, the area was swarming with people and the area around the bag was still not cordoned off.

It was only 30 minutes after I notified the authorities that the airport police showed up. Their casual approach surprised me.

The bag turned out to contain souvenirs from a forgetful traveller.

But what would have happened if it had contained items that could create havoc in a public area?

There is so much emphasis on SGSecure and there have been so many public demonstrations of our anti-terrorism might.

Yet, when there is a seemingly suspicious item left in public, the authorities do not seem to take this threat seriously or with any sense of urgency.

There is definitely a need for more education, not just for the public but also for all uniformed personnel.

Reuben Cheang

Source: "Slow action on unattended bag at airport", page A26, The Straits Times, November 23, 2016

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the bag is still, technically, in a sterile area, so they are not so concerned. Because it would have gone through screening by the time it left the plane & belt.

if its outside the sterile area, then it will be actioned faster.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah. carousel area lah. sometimes i spent over 30 minutes waiting for my luggage on the carousel to appear only to find out that some kaypoh carousel attendants had already pulled luggages off the carousel at the other end and leaving them unattended in a corner.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah. carousel area lah. sometimes i spent over 30 minutes waiting for my luggage on the carousel to appear only to find out that some kaypoh carousel attendants had already pulled luggages off the carousel at the other end and leaving them unattended in a corner.
when they do that, it usually means that they're preparing the belt for luggages of another incoming flight.
try not to browse too long in the duty-free shop and fuck-around with those sales staff - they're all aunties anyway, same as your housemaid in bedok :wink:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
evrywhere u oso can c unattended bags 1 la ...

really 1 gan jeong spider ...

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
All guards and officers will clear themselves n make they are safe n free before arrowing kah kia to entertain u.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently there have been many anti-terrorism drills conducted all over Zikapore.

DPM Teo emphasized the need for Sinkies to be prepared to be terrorised by Islamist groups.

Is Zikapore really facing the possibility of more terrorist attacks or are the recent drills just to get Sinkies distracted from economic troubles plaguing the city-state and the dismal performance of the PAP gabrament?

You decide which is which after reading the following letter to The Straits Times' Forum:

I returned to Singapore last night and was the first at the baggage carousel at Changi Airport after clearing immigration checks.

There was no one at that carousel, but an unattended bag was right next to it.

I immediately signalled to Customs officers who had had a clear view of that bag all that while. But they did not take any action.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, I went to the Cisco officer guarding the exit. She came to look at the bag and called her senior and the airport police on the phone. I was told no one responded to her.

I dialled 999 but no one answered my call after two minutes of ringing. Meanwhile, the area was swarming with people and the area around the bag was still not cordoned off.

It was only 30 minutes after I notified the authorities that the airport police showed up. Their casual approach surprised me.

The bag turned out to contain souvenirs from a forgetful traveller.

But what would have happened if it had contained items that could create havoc in a public area?

There is so much emphasis on SGSecure and there have been so many public demonstrations of our anti-terrorism might.

Yet, when there is a seemingly suspicious item left in public, the authorities do not seem to take this threat seriously or with any sense of urgency.

There is definitely a need for more education, not just for the public but also for all uniformed personnel.

Reuben Cheang

Source: "Slow action on unattended bag at airport", page A26, The Straits Times, November 23, 2016

You mean to say other countries Custom and Immigration are so relax they allow passenger to carry explosive without Xray into the plane carriage?? You must be joking, other countries also have their security concern, strict inspection and Xray!!