• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 10 year VISA for Thailand, if you are 50 or older

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That means those Sillyporeans who wish to retire in Thailand generally (if following the rules and regulations) will first need to buy themselves a Condo in Thailand.
With the Condo address only then they can go to the bank to open an account.
Follow then they will have to transfer (aka wire) a huge sum of $$$ to Thailand.
After that only then we can apply for the retirement visa?

I wonder how much admin fees or tax the bank in Sillypore and Thailand will charge us?

You don't need to buy a condo or any property. I would go to the thai embassy in Spore to apply for a long term visa.
When applying you should of course have the $$$ available. The embassy can give you more details on how to open an account.

These changes were only announced a few days ago so I don't think the Thai authorities have worked all the details.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before the Thai immigration authority grant us the retirement visa, do we need to prove that we have that 3 million baht($120,000) in the bank?
Or we can just go ahead to apply for the retirement visa first without the $$$ in the bank?

I've heard people say that Thai bureucrates are slow. So if you are interested in applying for the new visa, I would 1st approach the Thai embassy & find out if they are ready to accept applications for the new visa.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was younger, whenever I had leave I would spend it in Thailand so that the office couldn't ask me to return to the office :smile: Made many trips tp Hatyai in those days. Eventually switched to Bangkok & Pattaya because there is more to see & do.

I've heard that Hatyai has changed a lot & would really like to do a re-visit to Hatyai. However the only airlines offering to fly from Spore to Hatyai is Tiger Air & that is the problem. Tiger is not the most reliable airline.

The thai authorities want to keep track of the foreigners & that's probably why they want them to report in every 90 days. This is a pain & one of the reasons that has stopped me from applying for a retirement visa.
Heard that Hatyai's economy also not doing good because their main tourists/visitors from Malaysia are cutting back due to the Ringgit's tremendous depreciation.

That 90-day reporting requirement is indeed a pain in the ass.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Residency can be "bought" in most countries. In NZ it's NZD1.5 million for the investor category with conditions attached or NZD 5 million for the "anything goes" category.

With two earthquakes in recent years, NZ government should consider reducing the financial requirements. Earthquake discounts?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need buy house or condo.
My lucky happy fren got attached to an independent orphaned single mother there.
Stay in her house as companion. Both are happy.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like inflation has kicked in. :biggrin: That's why I've always recommended never to delay the process of getting out of sinkieland.

It can only get harder and more expensive as the years go by.

The cheapest way is for Sg malays to get malaysia citizenships
Sg Indians go back to india and Sg Chinese go back to China.

All these countries have busy modernized cities or relaxed countrysides.