• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious List of promises Trump made during the campaign and backtracked on so far

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I support low taxes. They aren't a magic bullet but they set the tone for a thriving economy based upon rewarding hard work and punishing sloth.

taxes is meant for redistributing wealth,ur economy still depends on you and ur people being productive.if ur people arent productive there will be no money for you to tax and low taxes means jackshit,the fact that singapore has the highest gdp per cap in the world means that a lot of money is being generated in singapore but none of it is going into our pockets,they remain untaxed in the corporation's pockets.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I support low taxes. They aren't a magic bullet but they set the tone for a thriving economy based upon rewarding hard work and punishing sloth.

and ur statement is contradictary......if singapore is such a hard working and self respectable country,why do we need to be a tax haven to attract scumbag companies and market ourselves as a money laundering banking hub?

capitalism rewards the greedy,gluttony,criminalistic,crooks,slothful,swines.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
taxes is meant for redistributing wealth,ur economy still depends on you and ur people being productive.if ur people arent productive there will be no money for you to tax and low taxes means jackshit,the fact that singapore has the highest gdp per cap in the world means that a lot of money is being generated in singapore but none of it is going into our pockets,they remain untaxed in the corporation's pockets.

ALL taxes are used for wealth distribution and infrastructure. However high taxes does not mean a high tax take.

By lowering the corporate tax rate sufficiently tax revenue could actually go up if a sufficient number of companies decide it is worth their while to declare profits at home instead of stashing it away off shore.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
and ur statement is contradictary......if singapore is such a hard working and self respectable country,why do we need to be a tax haven to attract scumbag companies and market ourselves as a money laundering banking hub?

capitalism rewards the greedy,gluttony,criminalistic,crooks,slothful,swines.

You knock capitalism incessantly but the managed capitalist system is still the best way to go for all its faults because it caters to the nature of humans.

The alternative, central planning, has already proven not to work because it goes against human nature.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You knock capitalism incessantly but the managed capitalist system is still the best way to go for all its faults because it caters to the nature of humans.

The alternative, central planning, has already proven not to work because it goes against human nature.

im a capitalist myself,i knock capitalism because itself is a highly flawed system and call it out for what it is and to get rid of some people's delusions in case they go about touting it as the perfect elixir and themselves as the prophets or some sort of demigods,capitalism is a poison,a necessary poison.but never delude urself.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
im a capitalist myself,i knock capitalism because itself is a highly flawed system and call it out for what it is and to get rid of some people's delusions in case they go about touting it as the perfect elixir and themselves as the prophets or some sort of demigods,capitalism is a poison,a necessary poison.but never delude urself.

I have never touted unbridled capitalism as the perfect solution to everything.

It needs to be reined in by laws that ensure that the game is played fairly.

However penalising the winner with hefty taxes and rewarding the lazy with undeserved rewards hardly encourages the best outcomes.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can only foresee that Trumps' policies when he will come into office next year, will mostly benefit his vast business empires and also applicable to his immediate family's (wife, daughters, sons and in-laws) as well. It's only natural that all businessmen behave in this same manner.

Low corporate taxes alone may not be enough to entice those manufacturing companies to return to shore because of their already high labor costs. Ireland and Britain are living examples.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Winnie the Peg,

I can't find your post claiming that Trump evaded taxes. You obviously have not heard of this concept called "tax loss carryforward". Those who read the Wall Street Journal do and here is a sampling of their comments about the "scandal":

Richard J. Cohen

Margate, N.J.

Mr. Trump took advantage of the four-million-word tax code by taking a $900 million loss so he didn’t have to pay federal income taxes for several years. Hillary Clinton did the same thing when she took a $700,000 loss to not pay taxes the following year, as her campaign manager acknowledged. She’s a hypocrite for criticizing Mr. Trump for doing what she did.

Mark Peter

Solana Beach, Calif.

Hillary Clinton, the Democrats and their media acolytes believe that Mr. Trump has somehow not paid his so-called “fair share” of taxes, despite the fact that for the permissible measurement period in question he had zero taxable income. This should scare not only all companies, investors and individual businesses doing business in the U.S., it should scare those who may in the future consider investing risk capital in the U.S. to create, expand or even continue a business. This should scare all Americans

Bob Wynne

Malibu, Calif.

This situation has nothing to do with being rich. If you and I own a two-family home and rent out half of it to generate income, you fall under the same rules for income, depreciation and amortization as Mr. Trump does.

Michael K. Murdoch

Stamford, Conn.

Some years ago the New York Times sold the Boston Globe at a loss of $1 billion or so. Do you suppose the Times did exactly what Mr. Trump appears to have done—used the loss as a carry-forward which offset tax liability in subsequent years?

Neil Gaffney

Chicago

Vice President Joe Biden recently explained “How Short-Termism Saps the Economy” (op-ed, Sept. 28) and endangers America’s economic recovery. Mr. Trump’s smoothing of losses over the long term is a perfect opportunity for Vice President Biden to prove that he wasn’t just blowing partisan smoke, by penning another op-ed explaining “How Long-Termism in the Tax Code Stimulates the Economy.”

Adam Clark

Alexandria, Va.

Without the tax loss carry-forward, you wouldn’t have many new businesses formed nor as many established businesses hanging on to their employees during down cycles. I am a businessman who paid no federal income tax during a loss year, but my employees did. Where did they get the money to pay taxes? From my losses.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-taxes-and-tax-loss-carry-forwards-1476133957

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just looking at his frog face, you'll know that he can't be trusted. He has thoroughly conned his electorate and they will have to repent for the next 4 years.

donald-trump.jpg

Yes he confirmed can't be trusted as someone who paid USD25m settlement for fraud case in court. Something that he said he will not settle out of principle.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Americans are really naive. I would think that they would have learned from their mistakes when they elected Bush Jr. Instead of blaming Hillary, they should have looked at Bush Jr & the neo conservatives for dragging them into expensive wars in the middle east :rolleyes:

It's too early to say how badly Trump will perform:confused:

Now that the US elections are over lets make some money in the markets :smile:

Losers always like to blame woman for everything. Too early to say how badly how Trump will perform? See? The expectation of him is so low that the question is how badly and not how good he will perform. With such low expectations, so easy for him to outperform above expectations.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another loser know nothing about running multiple businesses. Any successful businessman knows that not all business can be successful and most important is knowing when to cut the losses and run before losing business drag your empire down.

Look at my new signature from a successful businessman Li Ka Shing. Honest businessmen don't take advantage of investors and bankrupt themselves.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will make your USD great again.

As per the Bloomberg article, this may lead to higher and not the lower trade deficit that trump promised during campaign.

"With the dollar rising against most major currencies (putting U.S. exporters at a disadvantage), the result could soon be larger trade deficits, fewer jobs and higher consumer prices."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, he didn't. Only crybabies like you believe in lies put out by the corrupted main stream media.

Which part of that Bloomberg article is lie? Like he said total ban of Muslims into USA right? But now he is saying something else isn't it. Is that called lie to say he has backtracked?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk talk talk. Let me tell you 3 things he won't backtrack.

1. Withdraw from the TPP
2. Build the wall
3. Drain the swamp

These are all that matters to his supporters. How the story will end is anyone's guess, but it will happen.

Perhaps you like the honorable PAP and their honorable no backtracking on the disastrous CECA with the cunning covetuous Indian snakes eh? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am I missing something? Which policies has he backtracked on? :confused: :*:

Here's the latest update from the man himself.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800850810490023937

Forget the stupid list you copied and pasted. It's nothing more than playing with semantics.

From ban ALL Muslims to ban some is called semantic? The Twitter update didn't cover some of these points in the article like the one saying he was against lobbyists but now using them. The Twitter update from himself only said he will ban executives from become lobbyists for 5 years after leaving office.