• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Chaos At Yio Chu Kang Junction! Traffic Lights Not Rainproof Enough!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TW6kNzM.png

SINGAPORE - Traffic lights at the junction of Yio Chu Kang Road and Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 stopped working on Sunday (Nov 20) during a heavy downpour, causing a traffic jam.

Pictures of the incident taken by Ms Dilah Ali showed a chaotic scene as cars and buses headed in different directions made their way slowly across the junction.

Ms Ali, 31, was on her way from Punggol to Toa Payoh on bus service 88. When she experienced the slowdown in traffic at about 12.30pm, she thought at first that it was was due to the heavy rain.

"However, I saw a minor accident at the junction involving four cars. Then I realised that the traffic lights on all sides were not working," she said.

The bus was caught in the jam for about 15 minutes, according to Ms Dilah.

"The cars were coming in all directions and none gave way, they just tailgated each other. I felt a bit angry that the cars did not give way to the bus, and I heard many passengers from the lower deck urge the bus drive to 'just go!'" the receptionist said.

She also added that she only saw a traffic police officer arriving just as the bus emerged from the jam.

"The cars should have given the buses the right of way, but people were 'kiasu'. Surprisingly, I did not hear any honking," Ms Ali said.

The Straits Times understands that a 'technical issue' had occurred with the traffic lights at the junction, and that the lights were fixed by around 1.15pm.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...on-on-sunday-afternoon-as-traffic-lights-stop

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
"The cars were coming in all directions and none gave way, they just tailgated each other. I felt a bit angry that the cars did not give way to the bus, and I heard many passengers from the lower deck urge the bus drive to 'just go!'" the receptionist said.

"The cars should have given the buses the right of way, but people were 'kiasu'.

Observations:

1. Sinkie behavior hasn't changed at all since 1965.
2. Sinkies don't know how to behave in the absence of rules and regulations. The only way for Sinkies to behave in a civilized manner is to live in a nanny a/k/a police state.
3. With the arrival of tens of thousands of Ah Tiongs and Ah Nehs, Sinkie behavior has deteriorated. The average Sinkie behaves like one who is from the 1800s.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ISIS just need to cripple public transport...our defence is goner.

#######################

It was about 10.20pm and there were "many traffic jams along the way", said DSP Lim, who appeared before the Committee of Inquiry (COI) on Wednesday.

The resulting U-turn and detour meant his vehicle arrived at the junction of Bukit Timah Road and Kampong Java Road only at about 10.30pm - almost half an hour after the SOC was activated.

Even so, further traffic congestion forced DSP Lim and his seven men to make their way on foot to where DAC Lu was stationed.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/detour-delays-troops-getting-riot-scene