• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Earthquake in NZ, Tsunami alert issued.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has been thinking of going to NZ for my year end holidays. I think I will KIV the plan now.

NZ is no longer a safe place.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last earthquake was in 2011 and registered 6.3 on the Richter scale. Prior to that, there was one on September 2010 that registered 7.1. This one at 7.8 on the Richter scale is a much bigger one.

If you want to be safe, it is better to get out. You never know when the worse gets to the worst .

Last edited:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just after Trump won the US election, many enquirers were made to migrate to NZ.

This may be a sign to tell these would-be immigrants to FO.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope there aren't not many casualties.

According to geologists, in 50 million years' time, both Australia and NZ will be just neighbours with mainland China.

The tectonic plates under Australia and NZ are moving these 2 countries at the rate of about 30cm annually in the direction of mainland China.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NZ earthquake lifted sea bed by up two metres

LOOKING like something out of a sci-fi movie, these alien-like rocks have seemingly crawled out of the sea in the wake of the monster magnitude 7.8 earthquake which shook New Zealand on Monday.
The quake has lifted the seabed by up to two metres in some places, both intriguing and puzzling scientists. It's visible, if slightly unnerving and surreal evidence of what has gone on far beneath the earth’s surface.
The damage, north of Kaikoura on the coast of New Zealand’s south island has exposed the seaweed strewn rocks, pushing them onto the beach and into the open air.
They show the abalone-covered seabed now exposed metres above the ground, and other sealife which won’t survive in the open air.
Experts believe it’s the first time an earthquake has resulted in the seabed around New Zealand to lift, according to Stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard New Zealanders are swarming to the raised seabeds to look for abalones.

Apparently, the abalones have come up and clung to the raised seabeds.