• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious No need Salaries for Trump Loong n me, we loaded.

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/usa/366674-trump-forgo-presidential-salary/

Download the application
RT News

RT LIVE
search
Menu mobile

HomeAmerica
Will Trump forgo presidential salary? Numerous reports suggest president-elect won’t take pay
Published time: 12 Nov, 2016 16:24
US President Donald Trump © Carlo Allegri
US President Donald Trump © Carlo Allegri / Reuters
Donald Trump has said he will not accept the presidential salary of $400,000 once his term as 45th president of the US gets underway, but whether he sticks to his pledge is being debated online.
Although he has not yet officially commented on the issue of his presidential salary since winning the election, a number of media outlets have published stories detailing how Trump will not draw a salary while in the Oval Office. The basis for these reports stem from comments made by Trump during the campaign.

On September 17, 2015, he told a Rochester, New Hampshire crowd, “The first thing I'm going to do is tell you that if I'm elected president, I'm accepting no salary, okay? That's not a big deal for me.”

He repeated this in a Twitter Q&A the same month, saying, “As far as the salary is concerned — I won’t take even one dollar.”

While the exact total of Trump’s wealth remains a mystery, the Republican says he doesn’t need the presidential salary. Forbes estimates his net worth is $3.7 billion, taking his property and assets into account. Trump refused to release his tax returns during the election, breaking from tradition, which leaves his wealth open to speculation.

READ MORE: Texas mom packs young son’s suitcase, throws him out for voting Trump

The US Code states the president is entitled to receive “compensation in the aggregate amount of $400,000 a year, to be paid monthly, and in addition an expense allowance of $50,000 to assist in defraying expenses relating to or resulting from the discharge of his official duties.”

If Trump sticks to his promise, he will join former presidents Herbert Hoover and John F Kennedy in forgoing the presidential pay check. Hoover had made his fortune in mining before entering the White House, while Kennedy had family money. Both donated their salary to charity.

If Trump does goes this route, it’s unclear which charity would be the recipient - his own Donald J. Trump Foundation, or maybe even the the Clinton Foundation - giving up the presidential salary will resound wide and loud among his working class base.

Many other social media users are a little skeptical, however.

Sponsored Links More From The Web
Hotels Don't Want You To Know About This Secret Discount Trick
Secret Escapes
From Securing Data To Securing Devices, Governments Are Turning To The Cloud
Microsoft
Circles.Life now offers iPhone 7 with $28 no-contract 6GB data mobile plans
Great Deals Singapore by Circles.Life
Scary But True: Your Birth Date Can Create Wealth For You
Ace Your Wealth Code
How Singaporeans Are Building Passive Income With Amazon
AceProfitsAcademy
Why Hitachi Water Solutions Was the Partner This City Needed
Hitachi
by Taboola
Popular In the Community
GoldQuill
6h
As long as the Federal Reserve prints money, you will have more elites doling out worthless fiat currency. No fiscal policy (tax increase or decrease, government spending increase or decrease) will change the realities of infinite inflation. End the Fed now!
So this is how the US ‘revolution’ will unfold
PurpleBasketball
6h
It's an election....He won. Not a exam that you can take again and again until there's a different result. Sure fire way to a civil war. He won. Get over it.
Clinton supporters petition to force Electoral College to vote for her December 19

Tagirov
3h
Pakistan is siding with Russia and China and old masters don't like this betrayal. Destabilising Pakistan was part of the plan but it has changed sides before the Democratic carnage that happened to Libya Therefore, small price to pay for changing sides
Blast at southwestern Pakistan shrine, at least 43 reported killed, dozens injured
GreenBowtie
1m
most likely they could use the exercise
‘One million’ women expected to march in DC on Trump’s inauguration weekend
Freedom League
1h
Wait for the Ukrainians to say bad things about Russia again. The Ukrainians are back stabbers while receiving very essential survival items. Be happy Poroshenko that the Russians are showing pity on you
Do it like last year: Russia supplies gas to freezing Ukrainian border town
BlueStrawberry
1d
Russia stood with USA after 911
German defense minister says Trump should be firm with Russia as NATO stood by US after 9/11
CyanFlower
6h
This show you how dangerous Hillary's MSM brainwashed.
Texas mom packs young son’s suitcase, throws him out for voting Trump
bobbit
3h
Get rid of NATO. I am sure most states can find something better to spend 2 percent of GPD on.
NATO mulls worst-case scenario in case Trump pulls US troops out of Europe – report
Malcolm stark
8h
all these rioters are doing is proving the people who voted for trump correct
Shooting at anti-Trump protest in Portland, police looking for ‘African-American male’ (PHOTOS)
BlueController
1d
We welcome Mr. Trump in the land of regime change. This is what they have been doing around the world. The same people who have been organizing people around the world to overthrow elected governments are the same people organizing those protests again you now. It will not be easy for you to govern. They will not let you govern. Believe me, you are opposing their privileges. You are an anti-establishment figure and trying to please them, you will fail. Just focus on your mission and serve your people. They killed Kaddafi not because he was not serving his people. They don't like Putin because he is serving his people. They don't like Assad because he is serving his people. They destroyed Ukraine for their own agenda.They did not like Gbagbo in Ivory Coast because he was serving his people. That is the cold realities. But your mission is to free this nation from those devils and serve your people. They will take you down by every means possible. But you need to resist and lead your people to the promised land by making America great again. Good Luck Brother in struggle.
Trump Doctrine
OliveAirBalloon
2h
"Stop funding hate" is most probably funded by Soros
Lego boycott Daily Mail as #StopFundingHate campaign gathers momentum
OrangeSnow
1d
I think we always wanted to be partners with Russia. We were not allowed before..
Canadian oil company to invest $50bn in Russian projects
OliveFries
5h
YES. Bon voyage! Stick 'em on one plane and save some money. ParasiticNarcissists.
Should the anti-Trump celebs who vowed to leave the US if he won now move? (POLL)
Virtual Guru
6h
FBI: Trump: We must destroy ISIS immediately. No delays. CIA: We cannot do that, sir. We created them along with Turkey, Saudi, Qatar and others. Trump: The Democrats created them. CIA: We created ISIS, sir. You need them or else you would lose funding from the natural gas lobby. Trump: Stop funding Pakistan. Let India deal with them. CIA: We can't do that. Trump: Why is that? CIA: India will cut Balochistan out of Pak. Trump: I don't care. CIA: India will have peace in Kashmir. They will stop buying our weapons. They will become a superpower. We have to fund Pakistan to keep India busy in Kashmir. Trump: But you have to destroy the Taliban. CIA: Sir, we can't do that. We created the Taliban to keep Russia in check during the 80s. Now they are keeping Pakistan busy and away from their nukes. Trump: We have to destroy terror sponsoring regimes in the Middle East. Let us start with the Saudis. Pentagon: Sir, we can't do that. We created those regimes because we wanted their oil. We can't have democracy there, otherwise their people will get that oil - and we cannot let their people own it. Trump: Then, let us invade Iran.
Trump praises Clintons, vows to keep parts of Obamacare in 1st post-vote TV interview
Tagirov
6h
David Cameron: Asad Must go.... David Cameron Gone Hillary Clinton: Asad Must go.... Hillary Clinton Gone Barak Obama: Asad Must go... Obama Gone (nearly) Trump is clever
Trump warns that by attacking Assad, US will ‘end up fighting Russia’
BlueBucket
9h
I sell you some part of the sun .... just put money on my account ;-)
Luxembourg 1st in Europe to promise space miners resource ownership guarantee
GreenBattery
3h
Impossiable...climate change is happening so those photos of ealy cold and snow are fake.... it is 80 degrees in moscow and the polor cap is melting...Al Gore has commanded it
Winter has come: Moscow covered by snow in early November (PHOTOS)
bobbit
1d
I can only hope that those that vote against it we eventually lose their seats in the next round of elections.
Will MPs block Brexit? Backbenchers plot against Theresa May’s Article 50 law
GoldSailboat
1d
I think the next step is to hack the Rothschild's and Rockefellers emails.
WikiLeaks answers Redditors’ questions, hints at release of ‘war documents’
Kinky
1d
He won't be assassinated. He already bought high premium InJewrance policy.
‘About time for an assassination’: Trump death threats swamp Twitter
Hey guest, welcome to RT! Sign up and become a member.

Where to watch
Schedule
RT NEWS APP
Android
iOS
Windows phone
Windows 8
العربية
Español
Русский
Deutsch
Français
ИНОТВ
RTД
RUPTLY
Applications
RSS
facebooktwitteryoutubegoogle-plusinstagram**********coub
RT.com
© Autonomous Nonprofit Organization “TV-Novosti”, 2005–2016. All rights reserved.

RT Newsfeed

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
lhl will upgrade more glc/tlc staff to million dollar salaries in order to increase median salaries so all pappies will get more salary...